Where you going on summer hols and why?

July: fly to Luton, Eurostar train to Brussels for a 5 day rail / beer / cafe tour of Belgium with two friends.

Later in July: fly to Berlin, 2 nights there, then an overnight train (via a ferry) to Malmo in Sweden. Then onto Goteborg. Great city.

Flew from Shannon to Palma recently and stayed fairly local. Lovely and relatively inexpensive when booking flights and accommodation separately. Nees and bit of time and effort but worth it in the end. Palma in Majorca was a bit of both worlds, a city and a beach all within easy reach.

just back from 2 weeks in the Holiday Green campsite in Frejus, France. Flew into Nice. Superb weather, plenty to do in the Cote d'Azur and met Robbie Keane in St Tropez one of the days. Stopped to chat and take a photo with my kids.
€800 for their best mobile home, €800 for flights and €400 for car hire. Spent more when I was there. One of the cheapest holidays we've had for the 4 of us. Campsite was excellent although not as good as the one we stayed at last year (La Sirene), but you will find it hard to rival that place anywhere on the continent, so I'm told

Two weeks in Paris. First one sightseeing, second one doing Disney. Changing apartments mid holiday so we can get in some pool time and make the second week more relaxing.
Going there because we haven't been, eldest child went earlier in the year and felt she hadn't seen enough though, hence the decision. Second week is to accomodate the youngest child although she loves doing the "tourist" thing too.

Already told the family I won't be doing another two week holiday for a while, too much of a home bird, I'd rather do long weekends or a week max.

We're going by overnight ferry, splashed out a bit on that to ensure a relaxing start and finish.(hopefully).

Hi I am going to orlando with my other half for 15 nights, its our second time and can't wait! We got it 1000 each incl flights and a four star condo !

June - Mojacar, Spain 1 week
July - London; Car Show
August - Aberdeen
October - Taba, Egypt (best relaxing hol ever, can't wait :))

Work committments rule out the usual 3 week break in Connemara. Our eldest is doing her own thing this year. Having a final Celtic Tiger blast....Week in NYC with Ms. Carpedeum and the other two kids in July.
Week in Barcelona in October - including a match at Camp Nou.

Oil will probably be then 170 a barrel later in the year and inflation going through the roof! It's been a great party while it lasted!

Carpe Diem!

Wondering where you are all going this year.

Where :
July : London to spend time with my fave cousin & her finance to talk weddings - they're getting married next Spring
Kilkenny for a friend's hen
Mount Carmel for an op on my knee

September - poshest cabin on the Oscar Wilde (thank you Tesco vouchers for covering 85% of the ferry cost) and then an apartment in Pierre et Vacances Royal Park in La Baule for 2 weeks. Halfway through, we're getting le TGV up to Paris for 2 nights of romance staying in Le Meridien Montparnasse and reliving our (a) first dirty weekend away together 10 years ago and (b) our engagement 6 years ago

And while I'm at it - who ya going with??
BM

London - alone
Kilkenny - the girls
France - with the handsome Husband

Where: Alghero in Sardinia for 1 week - first time outside Ireland or UK for ourselves and 4 kids (ages 5 to 18) since we began having children!
Why: Fairly last minute thing - just used moneysavingexpert's flight checker to find the cheapest flights anywhere out of Dublin on the dates we wanted. Alghero with Ryanair came up cheapest (outside UK) .
After a bit more research we liked the look of Sardinia have booked B&B in a hotel across the road from a beach. (another first - we usually go self catering).
No driving, no cooking - and hopefully the bank account will cope!

Was in Stalis crete with the girls two weeks ago, bargain price of 325 euro for lovely apartments had a ball. Off to Turkey with bf and a couple of friends in August, picked Gumbet as I was there a few years ago and it was lovely, :)

Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Uruguay, Bolivia, New Zealand, Oz, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Loas, HongKong, China, Nepal, India....phew

recession, what's that? :D

Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Uruguay, Bolivia, New Zealand, Oz, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Loas, HongKong, China, Nepal, India....phew

recession, what's that? :D

Skippy I think that's a bit more than a holiday ! I'm doing it in chunks.....

This year I did Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay & Peru & looking for a cheap deal for September.

Last year New Zealand, Oz & Hong Kong, plus quick breaks to Salzburg, Berlin, Turkey & Krakow.

If you have any money it goes a hell of a lot further when you can travel alone and you're away from home !

Why ? Because my kids are reared & I'm making up for lost time !

Wedding in New England early September, then after nine days cross country to LA for four or five days.

Back