Where you going on summer hols and why?

Cati76 said:
Neven being there myself, but this is a famous spot because of a "soap" it was film there a long long time ago about a gang of teenagers on bicicles and their friendship with a fisherman...., "Verano Azul" it was the name, and somethings they still repeats it on TV.....
Where, Spain to visit family and friends, Madrid and Valencia and if time permits it, up to the North (San Sebastian is Heaven) for a couple of days will meet there with my partner who is travelling on his motorbike through France. Why, because I don't live there anymore and miss my family, but it's a bit annoying not having more than 21 days a year, to be able to go on "proper" holidays.
We will also look into going somewhere else for a long weekend, already been to Paris, and Prague, so it might be Dubroknic this year, but nothing plan yet.

You are correct about the "soap" and the actual boat used in the film is on display in a local park the apartment block where i stay is actually called Verano azul.I think the fisherman in the soap is based on a story of one of the boys who in 1959 disovered the famous Nerja Caves ,this man is still alive and has a restaurant on the famous Burriana beach

CCOVICH said:
Well Donegal is 'God's country' after all. Magheroarty beach isn't bad either.

Don't know Magheroarty - but Maghera (sp?) is pretty spectacular.

Has to be West Clare...there's the Burren, the Kilfenora, dossing in Doolin, lazing in Lahinch, messin' in Miltown Malbay,surfing, golfing, dolphins,amhrans,bodhrans,amadans, lots of other stuff...anyone there for the last few choc-ices. (with apologies to Christy Moore).

Corfu in late May or early June as I won a week there on an FM104 competion and then LA in late August for the World Sci-fi Convention.

Sarah

France/Northern Spain in Motorhome, in May 13th for 6 weeks. Irish Ferries €557.

Will travel around and will stay 1or2 days or more if we find nice place.

Just me and hubby.:cool:

Like rheine Nerja.
Have villa there.
Great place.........caves are great....agree
and Frigiliana is a beautiful old world Spanish village which is well worth a look and only a couple of miles from Nerja.
A small world rheine or what!
Lots of irish buying in the area also.
No yobs and still near malaga airport.

Extopia,

See here for Magheroarty and ferry trip.

Meant to do this trip last year but never got around to it. Will definitely be on the 'to-do list' this summer.

sueellen said:
Extopia,

See here for Magheroarty and ferry trip.

Oh, THAT Magheroarty.

Great beach, shame about the ferry.

I have to say that, love DL as I do, Tory is one of the weirdest and least friendly places I have EVER been!

Giant Causeway Bay Co. Antrim
Cost GBP700 for a week, 3 bedroom 5-star selt-catering cottage in Bushmill.

March-Cologne-cheap flight with
April-France-Aix en Provence. Package
May-France-Rennes cheap flight with Aer Lingus.
June-Sligo
September-Austria-cheap flight with
October-USA-New England-package.

All squeezed in to 26 days annual leave.

Rosscarbery, west Cork, for the sheer beauty of the place, the ease of travel, the choice of beaches, interesting villages, the food, the hotel, the lagoon, the playgrounds, the walks, Castlefreke, Owenahincha, the views, the pubs, there is so much to see and do we are in our third year going there and haven't yet seen all the beaches or places of interest. All of west Cork is very reachable from there also.

Where: Frigiliana for 3 weeks - first 3 week break since honeymoon 19 years ago.
Why: We've a place there - it's quiet, peaceful, scenic, close to mountains and the sea, food is good and reasonably priced, Nerja just down the road...

For anyone going to Nerja can I suggest that you make the trip to Frigiliana, and apart from sightseeing around the beautiful old town, have a meal in Las Chinas, situated in the new part of town. Last years set menu (3 course) was 8.50, house red was 4 I think - superb food and great service also...

Might see rheine & markowitzman there, enjoy the hols...

Odea
Yes we rent the villa out although pretty much booked out for summer.
http://www.holiday-rentals.com/Spain/Costa-del-Sol/holiday-golf-villa-Torrox-area/p52264.htm
Mark
Agree Frigiliana is the business despite being a few kms inland.
We would have bought there but wife not a fan of the road up! (fear of heights!)
El pino and el chicle top class and cheap (compared to ireland) restaurants in torrox costa.
I think Nerja is on RTE on friday night 830 ......housebuyers in the sun...is that the name of the programme?

Have those people going to Donegal never heard of Inishowen???? - God's real masterpiece!!!!!

Tory is a strange place, that's for sure. Didn't find it unfriendly but that might be because there was hardly anyone there. Very quiet and a little creepy but I liked it. Spectacular place. I managed to get to the highest point which is over one side of the island and take an amazing pic of the island which nearly looks like an aerial shot. It is gracing my wall right now and I'm really proud of it and the fact that I headed out to Tory at all.

Rosscarbery, west Cork, for the sheer beauty of the place, the ease of travel, the choice of beaches, interesting villages, the food, the hotel, the lagoon, the playgrounds, the walks, Castlefreke, Owenahincha, the views, the pubs, there is so much to see and do we are in our third year going there and haven't yet seen all the beaches or places of interest. All of west Cork is very reachable from there also.
With the new hotel going up there, Ownahincha could become one of the popular resorts of the future. The price of travelling abroad is going to get horribly expensive, which will attract more people to take holidays at home, IMO.
While down there I saw new apartments completed. They are across the road from the beach and start at 140k. How could you go wrong at that price.

Back