Where you going on summer hols and why?

brian.mobile

Wondering where you are all going this year.

Why you are going

And while I'm at it - who ya going with??

BM

Croatia (Dubrovnik, but taking tours around also).
Because I've heard from some many people (incl AAM posters) that it's well worth seeing.
Going with hubby (but I'm guessing that's not what you meant!)!!! Going with Croatia Tours.

France - Rhone Valley and Provence. Why? We have been going since our oldest child was three (now 21). He feels the younger ones are missing out if we don't keep going!! (nothing to do with him wanting the house to himself while we're gone for two weeks I'm sure!!) We like the idea of exposing the sprogs to a bit of the old French Language while they are studying it at school.All of it was booked independently - flights with Aer Lingus to Lyon, Car hire with Hertz for two weeks Two camp sites found on the internet The whole package for four people is coming in just under €2100 which appears to be quite good. It's our first time to go so far south as prior to this we have brought our own camping gear and stayed for a longer period. The journey south was just too daunting

Going to Sanguli campsite in spain.We went last year and it was a great hoilday.Don't think i will ever go back to apartment holidays.
We are going end of May for a week which we booked flights with Aer Lingus to Barcelona and then we booked a bungalow with campsite which is 635 for the week.We are sharing with my brother and his family.
Also going back to Sanguli in July for 11 days and bringing MIL and nephew.The campsite accom was booked out so we booked a mobile home with Siesta which is 1500 and flights with are lingus for 250 each.
Can't wait cos i know what i'm going back to.:)

We are very much last minute decision people but the possiblities this year are South Africa, India, New Zealand, Australia or Russia. Just hubby and me for 3 weeks. We always do back-packing holidays so just us and the Lonely Planet, taking it as it comes:)

"Wondering where you are all going this year"

Donegal as usual :)

"Why you are going"

Because its the best spot in the world - right CCOVICH and wee Daniel?

"And while I'm at it - who ya going with??"

Family of course - beats travelin' with Michael - right :D

Donegal for me, too.

Still one of the more unspoiled places in Europe. The weather isn't always great but the scenery is world class and the pace of life is ideal, especially in summer.

Come to think of it, the weather's been getting better over the last decade. Might as well make the most of global warming before the gulf stream dries up and this country reverts to a non-temperate climate!

This year I hope to finally climb Sliabh League. So far I've only got as far as the Eagle's Nest....

Might see you there sue!

Well unfortunately the PVC is still very popular with the DL people... :(

But Fintra beach is still heaven on earth...

Three weeks in California at the end of May. Fly to LA. Drive to Las Vegas(2 nights), Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon. Drive back towards San Francisco through Death Valley. One night at Sequoia National Park, two nights at Yosemite. Two nights in the Wine Country then back down to Frisco for 3-4 nights. Drive down the coast to LA stopping off and doing some surfing.
Why? Honeymoon

Hopefully Sydney - because friends there
Hopefully South of France - because of the food!

Hi going to Portugal with 7 friends to a 6 bed apartment the last week in april looking forward to that as we can go to seville etc for day trips aswell. And then in September my boyfriend and myself are going to Egypt for 2 weeks 1 week in Luxor and 1 week in El Gouna really looking forward to that good price 889 euro each 2 five star hotels b & b and transfers.

Driving holiday in France. Yet to finalise details.
Why? Have mostly been to Nice. Would like to see more of France especially the countryside.
And
Possibly Paris for a minibreak. My dream would be to stay at the George V. Will probably end up at an Ibis. Champagne taste and beer budget!
Vive La France!

I just love Nice I could nearly go there every year but I like to see something new. France is a great country to go on holiday in general I think so relaxed compared to good ol' Dublin

Camp site in Brittany.
Why ? Good food, a bit of warmth and plenty to entertain the kids.
Booked the ferry and the mobile home myself. Total cost 1600,
compared to 2500 on keycamp.ie for the same campsite.

BTW, I love holidaying in Ireland, but we got rubbish luck on the weather
front for holidays last year, so decided to so a bit further afield.

Going to Nerja in Spain about 40 kilometers north of Malaga on the coast .Beautiful old spanish town some great restaurants and pubs and lovley beaches.Have been going there for past 8 years really relaxing place forr a holiday

rheinie said:
Going to Nerja in Spain about 40 kilometers north of Malaga on the coast .Beautiful old spanish town some great restaurants and pubs and lovley beaches.Have been going there for past 8 years really relaxing place forr a holiday
Neven being there myself, but this is a famous spot because of a "soap" it was film there a long long time ago about a gang of teenagers on bicicles and their friendship with a fisherman...., "Verano Azul" it was the name, and somethings they still repeats it on TV.....
Where, Spain to visit family and friends, Madrid and Valencia and if time permits it, up to the North (San Sebastian is Heaven) for a couple of days will meet there with my partner who is travelling on his motorbike through France. Why, because I don't live there anymore and miss my family, but it's a bit annoying not having more than 21 days a year, to be able to go on "proper" holidays.
We will also look into going somewhere else for a long weekend, already been to Paris, and Prague, so it might be Dubroknic this year, but nothing plan yet.

To Huskerdu:

Where in Brittany are you heading to.

what time of the year are you going and for how long on campsite ?

Euro 1,600 seems very little for ferry + accomodation.

How many in travelling party.

I'm paying 1,350 for 19 nights in a mobile with a smallish operator in The Vendee arriving 10/7/06 and this is a very good price.

Ferry Brittany Ferries approx Euro 1,400

Back