What's the worst tasting food?

I have never tried tripe but it just seems wrong, then again I’ve eaten snake, cockroaches, locusts, snails and maggots.
Snake is nice but locusts and cockroaches (deep fried) are fantastic.

I've just noticed this - I would try almost anything - and have had snake & snails + baby eels, frog's legs, alligator, most offal etc

I'm interested to try locusts as I've heard they are nice but sorry, I would draw the line at cockroaches. They are just too repulsive an insect for me to eat.

Was there much of a difference in taste between cockroaches and locusts as a matter of interest?

Ditto plus octopus, shark, bear (Finland), possum & squirrel (Amerikay), hare, fish eggs of various kinds, deep-fried Mars Bar Ice-creams (Glasgow), goose eggs, duck eggs, packet & tripe (Limerick) and other crazy stuff

None of you are to invite me to your house for a sandwich again.

Ditto plus octopus, shark, bear (Finland), possum & squirrel (Amerikay), hare, fish eggs of various kinds, deep-fried Mars Bar Ice-creams (Glasgow), goose eggs, duck eggs, packet & tripe (Limerick) and other crazy stuff

I have had most of that too - I thought shark was quite nice - a bit like a fishy pork chop. I was surprised at how different octopus was from squid too.

Haven't had possum or squirrel.

What did bear taste like BTW? Fairly robust I'd imagine.

I had Sauerkraut recently and it was mingin.

Have never, ever tasted real fishy-smelling fish, but if it tastes like it smells, it is barf-inducing. Was in a friend's house once when this fish thing was served and I had to leave the room - what a stench!

Badly-made guacamole is stomach-turning. Done well its quite good, but trouble if taken to excess.

Once, I was in this restaurant in Greyabbey on the Ards Peninsula (up north) and they served a peanut risotto (the veggie option) and it was disgusting. Oily, warm, softish peanuts mixed with slightly sour tasting rice and completely flavourless frozen mixed veg.... pushed it round the plate trying to look like I was eating it while everyone else finished.

I'll never tried it, but what about this:

[broken link removed]

The major offputting factor for me in this is that it is usually advocated that you imbibe the first pee of the morning. Dunno about the rest of ye, but IME that's the really.. er... fragrant and pungent one. :(

What about the women who drink the afterbirth because it contains so much nutrition :D

Well, what about them? Surely if there is nutrition there, coprohagists must have a point also. God, food and drink for the teeming masses. John O'Shea had better update his CV ;)

Have to include a past experience here....

was about 20 years ago, on my tea break, and I used to always have a 1/2 ltr
of milk instead of tea or coffee. One of my workmates thought it would be funny when my back was turned to swap my already opened milk carton for one that was about 3 weeks old (you know the kind, smelly, lumpy...) and I just picked it up and took about 1/4 of the lots in one gulp!

20 years on, I can still taste it when talking about it, and it still makes me gag! (I did puke when I happened!)

Worst taste EVER

Back