What's the worst tasting food?

I would eat just about anything and am not at all fussy except for:
Liver - smells lovely when cooking....but tastes disgusting blasphemy
Kidneys - revolting texture blasphemy
Marmite - it's true that you eiother love or hate it..my boyfriend loves it, I hate it. I'll give you that one

Finding half a worm in an apple sorta p*sses me off

I remember years ago as a young boy in my grandmother's place in Clare, where she grew her own veg, taking a forkful of cabbage from my plate to find a nice plump SLUG sitting nicely on top. Still love cabbage though.

I hate lamb.

Blasphemy. You obviously need help!!

who said they hate lamb? i hate it too. even the smell makes me retch.

i feel sick even thinking about it.

i forgot about liver and kidneys and all those other vile things. tripe, oh dear god TRIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil lettuce type red leafs - Radicchio Rosso I think it is. Edit - might be Chicory - but when I wikied that I got blue flowers?

Last edited:
Celery is evil stuff
Cucumber - taste of nothing off it
Capers & Olives - Yuk
But the worst thing ever has to be caviar, even the thought of it makes me retch
My mum used to make us eat bowls of cornflour when we were ill(to bind you together???) Rotten - she used to tell us it was hot ice cream. We knew in our hearts it wasn't but ate it anyway just in case it was.

tripe, oh dear god TRIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't believe it, I thought that blasphemy was the strongest defence that I could put up. This insult is beyond that. Tripe, coupled with its delectable companion drisheen (or 'packet') is the ultimate hug on a plate. The stuff is better than sex. Honestly. And before anyone has a cheap laugh, I've had the best of both.;)

Cucumber - taste of nothing off it

I hate cucumber because of the really strong taste. It takes over everything else in a sandwich and the taste lingers for ages after eating it. Yuck.

Also hate mushrooms and the taste of melons (too overpowering, like cucumbers).

Did anyone see that episode of 'The Restaurant' on RTE where Tom Dorley... professional restaurant critic... refused to taste the tripe and drisheen (made by George Hook if I remember correctly) - he couldn't even look at it so disgusted was he!!

Coleslaw - food of the devil as far as I am concerned

Liqourice, taste makes me gag

Any kind of brown sauce/pickle type condiment, smell makes me retch and if you need to add that crap to make food taste better then there is something wrong with the food in the first place

God yeah - especially when in restaurants they lump it on your plate and it touches all the other good food - drives me nuts.

Celery makes me retch!

Ambrosia Rice - bad memories of being fed this crap with jam it it.......... tastes as bad as it looks!

Jeez an awful lot of fussy people around. :)

Coleslaw? lamb? and especially peas?

Look, just eat them.

I hate cucumber because of the really strong taste. It takes over everything else in a sandwich and the taste lingers for ages after eating it. Yuck.

Also hate mushrooms and the taste of melons (too overpowering, like cucumbers).

Well said, i find it over powers any sambo it is in.

For me its not about worst tasting its about no taste at all.

Lettuce.....a bloody salad or sambo with half a head of lettuce to take up space or bloody garnish on the side of a plate to avoid giving you real food !!

I don't believe it, I thought that blasphemy was the strongest defence that I could put up. This insult is beyond that. Tripe, coupled with its delectable companion drisheen (or 'packet') is the ultimate hug on a plate. The stuff is better than sex. Honestly. And before anyone has a cheap laugh, I've had the best of both.;)
I have never tried tripe but it just seems wrong, then again I’ve eaten snake, cockroaches, locusts, snails and maggots.
Snake is nice but locusts and cockroaches (deep fried) are fantastic.

I love coleslaw and must jump to its defence! I'd put it with chips, in fajitas (especially with lots of black pepper), with chicken, with salad, the list goes on. And I particularly love the cheesy variety. Ok, that's it... now I have to get a wrap with chicken, cheese and coleslaw for lunch today.

I think it is interesting how views of food can change over time and tastes can be acquired. I used to not like olives but my boyfriend loves them and is always buying them. While I still won't eat them like grapes as he does, I like them now and really appreciate the flavour.

Bread in America, its mank. Yuck.

Yeah, absolutely brutal! I used to live there and the bread I used for making sandwiches every morning before heading to work was more like cotton wool than bread. Did you ever get a chance to buy ham there? It took the guy in the deli around the corner from us about twenty seconds to rattle off all the different types he had before he served it. A friend used to buy one slice every day just to hear yer man's spiff!

Back