What's the worst tasting food?

Chickens feet aren't great, but luckily I was spared worse when husband was obliged to drink a freshly killed snake kidney in a glass of rice wine....

personally, it's parsnips - nasty strong tasting veg.

Its just you - of course it was nice.

And for the record so is gazpacho and haggis. Fact.

:)

we got chirizo. Not a nice substitute for a Sunday mornin fry... :D

Try it with crisp black pudding, fried cherry tomatoes, lightly toasted pine nuts and a poached egg on a salad (strong flavoured leaves drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar) for you breakfast.

I really like Gazpacho - I even make it. Yummmm, lovely "salad" soup!

But I cannot cope with the smell, texture, look or even thought of prunes. Blech.

Any tinned meat. Or worse, fresh cassoulet. Surely the most vomit inducing meal ever. And fennel.

Any tinned meat. Or worse, fresh cassoulet. Surely the most vomit inducing meal ever. And fennel.
I love Cassoulet and just about any bean stew.
Tinned meat I agree on. I'm not a big fennel person either.

Tinned meat.... how about those tins of beans and sausages? I've never tasted them but the whole concept is vile.

I love Cassoulet and just about any bean stew.
Tinned meat I agree on. I'm not a big fennel person either.

Tinned meat.... how about those tins of beans and sausages? I've never tasted them but the whole concept is vile.

It's the 'fresh' cassoulet I don't get - as opposed to tinned? Which I have in the cupboard at the minute actually - haven't tried it.

Tinned tuna is OK IMO and it's useful and versatile - that's about it though.

Now, the old tinned beans and sausages were a college staple - the sausages were awful - a bit like frankfurters but more spongy and with less flavour.

I have never tried tripe but it just seems wrong, then again I’ve eaten snake, cockroaches, locusts, snails and maggots.
Snake is nice but locusts and cockroaches (deep fried) are fantastic.

I've just noticed this - I would try almost anything - and have had snake & snails + baby eels, frog's legs, alligator, most offal etc

I'm interested to try locusts as I've heard they are nice but sorry, I would draw the line at cockroaches. They are just too repulsive an insect for me to eat.

Was there much of a difference in taste between cockroaches and locusts as a matter of interest?

I have never tried tripe but it just seems wrong, then again I’ve eaten snake, cockroaches, locusts, snails and maggots.
Snake is nice but locusts and cockroaches (deep fried) are fantastic.

I've just noticed this - I would try almost anything - and have had snake & snails + baby eels, frog's legs, alligator, most offal etc

I'm interested to try locusts as I've heard they are nice but sorry, I would draw the line at cockroaches. They are just too repulsive an insect for me to eat.

Was there much of a difference in taste between cockroaches and locusts as a matter of interest?

So which of ye is which from that 'I'm a celebrity' show.

Purple - Johnny Rotten?

Cav - Sophie Anderton?

Fat on beef, chicken and ham.

The cucumber taste thing is genetic. Some people don't taste it.

Marion

I've just noticed this - I would try almost anything - and have had snake & snails + baby eels, frog's legs, alligator, most offal etc...
Ditto plus octopus, shark, bear (Finland), possum & squirrel (Amerikay), hare, fish eggs of various kinds, deep-fried Mars Bar Ice-creams (Glasgow), goose eggs, duck eggs, packet & tripe (Limerick) and other crazy stuff

If you want to put me off food for a week, try feeding me an anchovy sandwich with sweet corn and cole slaw - any one of them is bad but all three together is my idea of hell.

Back