What next for Ryan Tubridy?

People should never have been on the sinful amounts of money that they are on now.
First of all, money isn't sinful. Suggesting high salaries are such smacks of jealousy. Prison statistics here show significant correlation between poverty and incarceration, so it could be argued that the opposite of what you claim is true, and that those with high salaries are significantly less likely to commit serious crime.

Many of human kind's great achievements are driven by the best of us, and many of those are very strongly motivated by pay.

First of all, money isn't sinful. Suggesting high salaries are such smacks of jealousy. Prison statistics here show significant correlation between poverty and incarceration, so it could be argued that the opposite of what you claim is true, and that those with high salaries are significantly less likely to commit serious crime.

Many of human kind's great achievements are driven by the best of us, and many of those are very strongly motivated by pay.
All I am saying is that a lot of people are been paid too much money for what they do. Not all people but a lot of high profile people..

Yes Purple she works full time. I know vets myself who earn over €150k but that is not what said. What you said is flat wrong. As they say in RTE, the truth matters;)

Was very disappointed in how Ryan Tubridy chose to play things this morning at the PAC :oops:

It was mad to tie his fate to Noel Kelly at such a crucial meeting. Madder still to plead innocence on the motives behind the splitting of his salary into RTE and Renault components.

Noel Kelly was all over the place. Dodgy deals apart, which up-and-coming actor or presenter would want him to represent them after that performance ? I expect Mrs Kenny will watch today's Oireachtais TV this evening and issue the inevitable instructions to Pat.

It's going to be so hard for Tubridy to be what he was on RTE Radio after this.

All I am saying is that a lot of people are been paid too much money for what they do. Not all people but a lot of high profile people..
There are people at all grades of pay who are paid too much money for what they contribute. That's a very different thing than saying no one should earn more than €150k or any arbitrary number.

Yes Purple she works full time. I know vets myself who earn over €150k but that is not what said. What you said is flat wrong. As they say in RTE, the truth matters;)
Okay, there's not a vet in the country who wants to earn €150k a year and doesn't. Some may choose an easy job and take a lower salary but that's a choice. The same applies to many highly skilled people who choose to earn less and have a better work life balance.

Purple - please stop talking nonsense. Your last comment is beyond stupid. It implies that a lad or lass just out of UCD can demand €150k if they want it. I'm done talking to you on this.

That's what Leo is saying, but you said
"I don't think anyone should be on more than 150,000 per year."
I did say that . I know it's too late to do anything about it now but it should never have been allowed to happen. There are a hell of a lot of people who would LIKE to be on 150,000 but can't and won't ever be .
The more people have the more they want.
I worked hard all my life , physical work, and took what I got I wages , moaned about it but got on with it as did many people . If I got too much one week it was taken back the next week .

I did say that . I know it's too late to do anything about it now but it should never have been allowed to happen.
It should absolutely always be allowed to happen. The alternative is a police state and draconian restrictions on person freedom.
There are a hell of a lot of people who would LIKE to be on 150,000 but can't and won't ever be .
Yep, and that's the way it should be. There are lots of people out there who are smarter than me and work harder than me. If they earn more then fair play to them.
The more people have the more they want.
That's just not true.

I worked hard all my life , physical work, and took what I got I wages , moaned about it but got on with it as did many people . If I got too much one week it was taken back the next week .
There are plenty of people who are much younger than me who have also worked hard all their life. Most people, of every age, have worked hard all their life. Some of us are lucky enough to have had a long life in which to work hard.

Graham Norton earns £155k p.a. salary according to BBC. On asking Google how much does GN earn, the answer is another £4m p.a. through his company :rolleyes: I don't think Tubsy's package is outlandish.
I've no idea why they offered to appear before the PAC, possibly pre-emptive. For example, no answer at all to the question as to why they were prepared to send an invoice to a British company that they never heard of, not mentioning Tubsy's name, and calling it consultancy fees. Well one answer - RTE told them to (the Nuremberg defence).
Having said that, I find it very hard to see this as a mortal-er, heck there but for the grace of Allah. The repeated references by the politicians to cheating the taxpayer was pure hypocrisy.

Was very disappointed in how Ryan Tubridy chose to play things this morning at the PAC :oops:

It was mad to tie his fate to Noel Kelly at such a crucial meeting. Madder still to plead innocence on the motives behind the splitting of his salary into RTE and Renault components.

Noel Kelly was all over the place. Dodgy deals apart, which up-and-coming actor or presenter would want him to represent them after that performance ? I expect Mrs Kenny will watch today's Oireachtais TV this evening and issue the inevitable instructions to Pat.

It's going to be so hard for Tubridy to be what he was on RTE Radio after this.
Surely Mrs Kenny , given Pat’s current planning tribulations, would deem it cruel to badger him into changing agent !!

Graham Norton earns £155k p.a. salary according to BBC. On asking Google how much does GN earn, the answer is another £4m p.a. through his company :rolleyes: I don't think Tubsy's package is outlandish.
I've no idea why they offered to appear before the PAC, possibly pre-emptive. For example, no answer at all to the question as to why they were prepared to send an invoice to a British company that they never heard of, not mentioning Tubsy's name, and calling it consultancy fees. Well one answer - RTE told them to (the Nuremberg defence).
Having said that, I find it very hard to see this as a mortal-er, heck there but for the grace of Allah. The repeated references by the politicians to cheating the taxpayer was pure hypocrisy.
The Graham Norton show is broadcast internationally and sold by the BBC to multiple broadcasters.

So for me, it shows the package for Tubridy is outlandish. I've no problem with RTE paying the market rate eg getting 'name' actor Charlie Cox for Kin, so it could be sold abroad.

But there is no real reason to pay Tubridy so much. It was disclosed at committees today no other broadcaster was looking for him.

Folks, I like my home and don't want to lose it due to careless defamatory comments.

And I won't want to waste my time review multiple posts in multiple threads.

Please stop discussing this topic on Askaboutmoney.

There are many other websites to discuss it.

Brendan

Back