What next for Ryan Tubridy?

RichInSpirit

Over the years Ryan Tubridy as a radio and TV presenter has grown on me, especially the radio show.

Starting a channel on YouTube might be a way forward for him to keep broadcasting if other avenues are now forever shut.

I could never warm to him, even on topics that should have engaged me. I think podcast or youtube channel could be the way to go.

Although he was on nice money I doubt he has made enough to see him out without another job.
The big problem for him was that I think the general public thought he was above that shenanigans, they have been deceived. Because of that he won't ever get an audience again. He could maybe become a consultant...

Although he was on nice money I doubt he has made enough to see him out without another job.
I would be thinking along those lines too. Even though he was working for a public organisation he was effectively self employed. And might not have been planning to retire completely for another 10 or 15 years. He could be as financially strapped as any of us soon.

The big problem for him was that I think the general public thought he was above that shenanigans, they have been deceived. Because of that he won't ever get an audience again. He could maybe become a consultant...
I don't think Mr Tubridy will be seeking financial advice on AAM's Money-Makover. He is not foolish with his money; in fact he has been ultra thrifty. Furthermore, he would have seen the financial problems previous well known broadcasters managed to get themselves into.

I reckon he is financially independent (something I've been trying to do all my life and failed). He might have to sell some of his properties eventually, but that could suit his needs. Ryan Tubridy is news now, but in a few days this news will blow over and he will do what he has to do and we'll just keep on at the coalface.

Its press silly season, so anything like the current issue will be blown out of all proportion and the sf members of the pac simply see a massive publicity opportunity to kick rte.

Yes, errors were made especially in kotowing to any and all demands of Noel Kelly and his "creative" solutions. Dee Forbes should have called his bluff. She agreed to pay Tubridy more than the 3rd best paid presenter on the BBC in a TV market 85% smaller! That was just ridiculous.

But at least he was doing radio and TV. Ray D'Arcy is on €450k for just 90min of radio a day and has one of the lowest listenership rate at under 180,000 which is near 50% lower then Tubridy's figures.

Kevin Backhurst now has the opportunity to make some serious changes and my guess is he'll start with Tubridy on a new radio contract that will set a price ceiling on "talent". 250k is my guess

But at least he was doing radio and TV. Ray D'Arcy is on €450k for just 90min of radio a day and has one of the lowest listenership rate at under 180,000 which is near 50% lower then Tubridy's figures.
That’s outrageous. Dwarfs the tubridy scandal.

Even though he was working for a public organisation he was effectively self employed.
It would be a bad thing if this was changed. It is in the public interest that top earning broadcasters remain on short term contracts. Imagine if Tubbs was a direct employee on €400k a year. RTE would be funding his pension and couldn't get rid of him if his rating collapsed and they had to replace him with a different broadcaster.

It would be a bad thing if this was changed. It is in the public interest that top earning broadcasters remain on short term contracts. Imagine if Tubbs was a direct employee on €400k a year. RTE would be funding his pension and couldn't get rid of him if his rating collapsed and they had to replace him with a different broadcaster.
There might be some creative way of managing it where they are employees on a basic salary.
But there is bonus for presenting prestige shows \ zero hours for presenting or somesuch.

But it might be more hassle that it is worth.

I would chance the hassle for only 100,000 . Even for one year on a trial basis but guaranteed for one year,.......
Where do I sign ? ;)

There might be some creative way of managing it where they are employees on a basic salary.
But there is bonus for presenting prestige shows \ zero hours for presenting or somesuch.

But it might be more hassle that it is worth.
Remember how unionised RTE is...

Ray
Its press silly season, so anything like the current issue will be blown out of all proportion and the sf members of the pac simply see a massive publicity opportunity to kick rte.

Yes, errors were made especially in kotowing to any and all demands of Noel Kelly and his "creative" solutions. Dee Forbes should have called his bluff. She agreed to pay Tubridy more than the 3rd best paid presenter on the BBC in a TV market 85% smaller! That was just ridiculous.

Kevin Backhurst now has the opportunity to make some serious changes and my guess is he'll start with Tubridy on a new radio contract that will set a price ceiling on "talent". 250k is my guess
Ray D’Arcy’s current salary is €250,000 per annum .
He was on €450,000 per annum in 2019 when he was on radio and tv .
Still not worth his current salary !

Back