What are we watching on TV?

Loving Moone Boy - grew up in the 80s and it is so me, shared box set with my uncles and cousins last night and we howled our way through it. Just the little attention to detail of 'My news' in school, the first time you got a tv with a remote, sitting watching the washing machine going round as before there was a twin tub, racing home from school to watch neighbours and getting half an hour extra to watch charlene and jason getting married at lunchtime.

All time favourite - Yes Minister - am only child that wanted to be Sir Humphrey - all available on UPC on Demand and a very pleasant Saturday when I was snuffling this week.

Finished off watching Justified season 1 last week. I lost interest for a while half way through. With free time over the last 2 weeks, I got around to finishing it off, and am glad I did. Well written , good performances from a couple of the principals.

Currently watching ..
- Sons of Anarchy season 5. Sometimes good, often not.
- The Walking Dead season 3. After 2 episodes, it's already better than - season 2.
- Boardwalk Empire season 3. Could have been great, still better than most.

Watched Dublin Housewives for the past two nights. What a load of drivel. Are these people for real sorry Ur dese peeple fur reel?

Watched Dublin Housewives for the past two nights. What a load of drivel. Are these people for real sorry Ur dese peeple fur reel?

The real question has to be, why did you watch the soul-sapping nonsense at all, let alone say come back for a second helping..?!?! I presume TV3 don't care if you think it's drivel, as long as you're tuned in...!

My Saorview has been out of action since just after Christmas (the aerial got misaligned).
I've not missed RTE, it has to be said.

I hear TV3 is going to be re-branded LCD (lowest common denominator). "Ireland's Mean Streets" and all this horse that they go on with - spreading fear with their CCTV extracts - I think Sky 1 must be their inspiration.

I caught a clip of a reporter interviewing the Dublin Wives group in studio - hilarious, toe curling, watch through your fingers stuff.

- The Walking Dead season 3. After 2 episodes, it's already better than - season 2.

Looking forward to season 3 hitting our screens. I enjoyed season 2.
Still downloading Fringe and Haven. More so to see the outcome as some of the episodes are pretty bad.

The real question has to be, why did you watch the soul-sapping nonsense at all, let alone say come back for a second helping..?!?! I presume TV3 don't care if you think it's drivel, as long as you're tuned in...!

You see, I had been watching Celebrity Come Dine With Me. I dont often watch TV3 but after such much-see-tv (glued to Rosanna, of course) I decided to watch Dublin Housewives. The same happened the night after, but not again.

Heard Dublin Housewives discussed at length on a radio show yesterday and the radio presenter could not say a bad word about the tv show.

Perhaps I am wrong? Dublin Housewives must have some impact on the population. There must have been something I missed. Got a brain-wave today:- There is money to be made by teaching people how to speak properly and behave in a courteous manner. These Housewives pay for everything else so why not pay to attend this this course?

Last edited:
I'm watching season 1 of Broen (The Bridge) at the moment. Only on the 3rd episode but it looks good...the main female character is a bit strange though...well left field ;)

They were also interviewed on Midweek on Wednesday. I usually watch it as it's a good news magazine programme, but this really lowered the tone.

Nice to see Collete Fitzpatrick back, I was losing the will to live listening to Nora Owen's wooden delivery!

I ditched Ripper Street on BBC in favour of Mr Selfridge on UTV. I wish I stayed with Ripper Street! I find Mr Selfridge too thrashy, nothing like the BBC production The Paradise last year.

I get a laugh out of Tallafornia2 on TV3. The Corminator!

Anyone watch the following last night, I sky+ it, but didnt watch yet. Is it worth getting into it?

Anyone watch the following last night, I sky+ it, but didnt watch yet. Is it worth getting into it?

I decided to not bother starting to watch it, based on the . Most shows have a strong opening episode or pilot. Many of them never live up to standard, e.g. Lost, FlashForward.

I watched the double episode of Lewis. The problem I find is that there is a gap of a week in between episodes. Trying to remember all the charachters and the plot can be difficult. I much prefer a double episode in one go or over two following nights.

Keep an eye out for The Americans, which started on FOX/FX last night in the US.

Set in the Reagan presidency, it's about US and Soviet espionage and counter-espionage.

Utopia on Channel 4 - brilliant conspiracy theory series "about" a missing comic - sorry graphic novel - that predicted major catastrophes, great acting and just freaky! Quite violent too

[broken link removed]

Spartacus is back!!!
Let the slaughter of thousands commence!

I'm also watching Suits, brilliant show

I watched the last new episodes of 30 Rock on Friday.

Why does a great comedy series end while Two and a half men / Anger Management continue ?

sad face

Have started watching House of Cards

BBC did a version over a decade ago, it was brilliant

Kevin Spacey is in the American version, it's looking good, Spacey is the master.
I'm not fond of his Southern accent though, find it distracting

Is it worth watching?
You may very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment ;)

Back