Waitress spilt a glass of red wine all over me and my new white coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thinking about going to the same resturant, they are such a soft touch, and if the free drinks aren't flowing for you and yours you can always moan,complain and stamp your feet . See how much more you can squeeze out of this poor business!

they are such a soft touch, and if the free drinks aren't flowing for you and yours you can always moan,complain and stamp your feet . See how much more you can squeeze out of this poor business!

Cleverclogs never mentioned anything about free drinks, another poster did so perhaps you need to reread the post.

aren't you a clever clogs getting all your vouchers and "expect" free rounds of drinks even though you have received a voucher as apology already. absolutely sickening behaviour.

this restaurant has done enough, and more than most. Fair dues.
its a simple enough accident, and the wine will come out of the dress if cleaning advice given above is taken.

Just to be clear here, I wouldn't ask for free round, but the manager may throw one in as an extra goodwill guesture.

Also as for never going back, as others have said mistakes and problems can happen, give places the change to correct their mistakes. If on a return visit your still not happy then by all means don't return.

There is no point saying a place was rubbish, not complaining and then never going back!

I would ask to see the manager on my return visit (with voucher from complaint) and expect a round of drinks included ontop as a goodwill guesture... hasn't always happened though.

I think you made yourself clear the first time paddyc

The payment for coat and voucher was more than enough goodwill

ok subject closed.i never said anything about free round of drinks and free stuff. read post. i have booked a table for 9 for sunday week and just hope we have a nice day.

I would lock the thread cleverclogs, the discussion has come to a close, you got a good result in the end.

I'm certain that the waitress did not intentionally ruin you coat(if it is indeed ruined!) and they couldn't of been nicer about it, they gave you the money to replace it. That is as fair as can be! and regard small claims and all that lark! is this really what the world has come to.... so you should get your knickers out of a twist and relax, As was said already ..it really was not their fault that the shop had no more of that style. I'm sure you had a nice day and you really don't want this memory to be the only lasting one of your childs communion day! or do you?

I thought the idea behind going back to the same place was was a gesture of appreciation because they had handled the problem properly. I didn't read it as an attempt to get anything further out of the restaurant.

Have some of you guy's actually read the thread ? There are some terrible accusations flying around here.

Cleverclogs....
- gave them an opprotunity to remedy the accident (they did nothing for ages)
- never mentioned anything about free drinks
- never implied it was anything more than an accident
- didn't mention small claim court
I think it is a great idea for her to go back to the restaurant and give them another shot. Hope there are no accidents this time.

I reckon you should lock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back