Waitress spilt a glass of red wine all over me and my new white coat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dye the stained coat red or pink, buy a new white one, have a free meal and forget about it!:D

If it's any help I purchased an amazing product called 'WineAway' in an O'Brien's offlicence last year... it took red wine out of a dress even after a dry cleaners said nothing could be done... worth a try anyway.

Jeez - they gave you money & a voucher - what else ya looking for? A sacraficial lamb (maybe even a roast lamb? :)

Is there not some way of getting a red wine stain out by using white wine? Sounds like the restaurant played it pretty straight to be fair.

grammer....hehe......thats why I love Powerpoint plus if I were sending a typed letter with my name on it, I would always spellcheck it and proofread it. I dont have a degree in English and any kid who reads my comments will tell you that.

Also some of ye must never have suffered a disappointment in your lives, ye are so lucky. If you have your hopes built up for such a special day as Communion and something goes wrong.......plus I recently learned that you can't control everything no matter how hard you try.......

Great result, coat back, money back plus 25 quid for your pain and suffering.
In your shoes I would now tackle the stain myself, and failing that Id dye the coat red.

Also some of ye must never have suffered a disappointment in your lives, ye are so lucky. If you have your hopes built up for such a special day as Communion and something goes wrong.......plus I recently learned that you can't control everything no matter how hard you try.......

Jaysus, the first thing that comes to mind reading this is 'haven't you little to worry you'... Aren't you watching the news these days?

Agree the Restaurant have been more than fair. Sometimes accidents are just that, accidents. I think it would be pretty bad form and a bit petty to go back to the Restaurant and try and push for something else. Agree it is a pain for something like that to happen, but such is life.

In the overall scheme of things, would not count that as a major disappointment.

The €125 plus the voucher more than likely came out of the waitresses pocket rather than the restaurants. Considering it was an accident - how much more would you expect from the girl?

on €25? What would you suggest - a coke each and a shared plate of chicken wings - sheer luxury eh?

In a situation where I had to complain in a restaurant, I would ask to see the manager on my return visit (with voucher from complaint) and expect a round of drinks included ontop as a goodwill guesture... hasn't always happened though.

In a situation where I had to complain in a restaurant, I would ask to see the manager on my return visit (with voucher from complaint) and expect a round of drinks included ontop as a goodwill guesture... hasn't always happened though.

aren't you a clever clogs getting all your vouchers and "expect" free rounds of drinks even though you have received a voucher as apology already. absolutely sickening behaviour.

this restaurant has done enough, and more than most. Fair dues.
its a simple enough accident, and the wine will come out of the dress if cleaning advice given above is taken.

In a situation where I had to complain, I wouldn't go back.

Thanks guys.At last some good news :) . yesterday i tried a small area with hot water and washing up liquid. :O) wine started to lift,so i took coat up to the bath filled with with hot water and scrubbed with washing up liquid,put it in whe wash at 60 deg and the wine stain came out almost.so i got some parazone and dab,dab,dab, another wash later and brand spanking new.coat didnt even shrink.was supposed to be dry clean only.
so now,do i be dishonest and keep the 120 or hand it back. duh..........

Not really dishonest, they should have really paid for the cleaning of the coat. Since you got it out, I would pay yourself the €125 for your time and effort, parazone can be expensive! :D

And what about the meal you received. They acted in good faith, maybe you should consider a similar approach...

Ha I'd send the voucher back! I dunno if I'd return to a place like that, so for me the voucher would be a waste.

:) thaNKS SMASH BOX.cant believe how much grief i got fr some members.yes accidents happen but god,i always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.so i think that for my daughters christening on june 7th im going to take my family to the same restaurant.so at least im paying them back. you think i should wear the coat. hum........ i dont think so .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back