Things that drive you nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoying sunshine in garden. Neighbours house alarm ringing.
Litter bins in DunLaoghaire not being emptied. Sunshine = more people = more litter = more need to have people emptying litter bins.

Going on holidays . . . you're just settled in . . . and in the apartment next to you there is an ape singing (well singing/shouting) "You'll never beat the Irish" and then proceeds to hang green white and orange tricolours from the balcony. Later he meets up with his buddies and open slabs of lager on their terrace and shout every football anthem they can think of. Then they discover there are some Brits in other apartments and the sing-song degenerates into a political "Go on home, British Soldiers, go on home . . ." etc. Just when you needed some peace . . .

Having the neighbourhood little darlings plough through our garden, breaking plants etc and yesterday having to spend a good hour trying to clean sun-cream off the car from the kids climbing on the bonnet. Very frustrating having to listen to the righteous-parent brigade raising their eyebrows and how dare we expect to have private property etc.

Going on holidays . . . you're just settled in . . . and in the apartment next to you there is an ape singing (well singing/shouting) "You'll never beat the Irish" and then proceeds to hang green white and orange tricolours from the balcony. Later he meets up with his buddies and open slabs of lager on their terrace and shout every football anthem they can think of. Then they discover there are some Brits in other apartments and the sing-song degenerates into a political "Go on home, British Soldiers, go on home . . ." etc. Just when you needed some peace . . .
I hate meeting Irish people on holidays (well, our version of the Larger Lout anyway).

+1

That's why I avoid "Irish bar"s on holiday.

God yes, I have no idea why anyone would spend money to fly to somewhere so that they could spend all their time in a imitation of a bar at home (or any bar for that matter).

Also, people who go abroad on holidays and refuse to eat anywhere that doesn't serve 'proper' food ie steak and chips or pizza.

God yes, I have no idea why anyone would spend money to fly to somewhere so that they could spend all their time in a imitation of a bar at home (or any bar for that matter).

+1

Also, people who go abroad on holidays and refuse to eat anywhere that doesn't serve 'proper' food ie steak and chips or pizza.

+1

I also hate all those bars with huge banners on them advertising SkySports and English / Irish breakfast with Heinz beans and Danny sausages. Why go away to do what you can do at home????

Also people who march into shops abroad and insist on everyone speaking English.

I hate meeting Irish people on holidays (well, our version of the Larger Lout anyway).
Massive +1.

They don't have to be louts either, I just can't stand hearing any Irish accent when I'm on holiday. I heard two of them complaining in the lobby of a hotel in New York and I felt like crying. I also despise Irish bars and the people who flock to them.

Also people wearing GAA shirts on foreign holidays.

Do they really think people give a toss what backwater in Ireland they're from? "Look at me foreigners! I'm great craic! I'm from LAOIS!"

:mad:

Also people wearing GAA shirts on foreign holidays.

Do they really think people give a toss what backwater in Ireland they're from? "Look at me foreigners! I'm great craic! I'm from LAOIS!"

:mad:

I saw a lobster-red man standing outside a chapel in Las Vegas with his new bride. The groom's t-shirt bore the legend "Carroll's Meats". I'd say it looked lovely in the wedding album.

Ceepee said:
The groom's t-shirt bore the legend "Carroll's Meats". I'd say it looked lovely in the wedding album.

:)

But you know each to their own.

I'm sure they were delighted with their day regardless. They mightn't have been too bothered with the album either.

Marion

Racist taxi drivers

I'm your customer, I'm giving you cold hard cash

And you rant to me :confused:

Go take your moaning to Joe Duffy or a politican, what do you want me to do?

In fact, why don't you become a politician, you seem to be an expert on the state of the nation!

People who won't say what what they really want.

The "I don't mind" brigade.

When clearly they do!

Marion

I can't stand seeing young men walking around the steets with their jeans hanging half way down their bum, do they really think people want to be looking at their underpants, I think it's a disgusting fashion trend and it drives me nuts (excuse the pun!)

People who won't say what what they really want.

The "I don't mind" brigade.

When clearly they do!

Marion
Your post reminded me of a coach trip we had to the Cape Cod area. The tour guide was absolutely useless and everyone was complaining about her. She even dozed off at one stage. This lady sitting behind me on the coach was most vocal to everyone with her complaints. When the trip was over she was one of the first to run over to the guide, tip in hand to say how wonderful the trip was.

I can't stand seeing young men walking around the steets with their jeans hanging half way down their bum, do they really think people want to be looking at their underpants
+1. I also hate the trend of wearing leggings with short tops, it doesn't leave much to the imagination. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back