Things that drive you nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Applying for jobs and not hearing anything back...........
Applying for jobs and getting a no but we will keep you details on file - please dont bother!!!!! What makes me think if you rejected me once you wont reject me again

Big +1 to that. It says to me that they didn't even read my application as if they did it would take all of 5 minutes to drop me an email outlining briefly why I wasn't suitable.

That's mad. Every time I go to an ATM and only want a €20 the machine only ever has €50s. The ATMs in shops are the worst for this. All you want to buy is a loaf of bread and/or a pint of milk and you have to take out a €50! Then you get to the till and the oul wans on the till are like "have you anything smaller"

Drives me mad.

They're all down in Meath - I can't get 20's from any machine anymore!

What are all down in Meath - the ATMs with the €20s or the ATMs with the €50s?????

I live in Meath BTW

Sorry the atms with the 50's! - three garages I go into now have a sign up saying only €50's.

A Supervalu near me is the same. They don't even have a sign up, they just let you go through all the palaver of keying in your number, the service you require, the amount you want and then a message comes up saying 'this machine can only dispense €50 notes' and throws your card back out. Then you have to start all over again....

Burglars and intruders, scum of the earth

Dozed off the couch yesterday after getting home from work, my door wasn't locked, sure who is going to waltz into my flat??

Mr. Junkie comes in, wakes me up with his banging around, found him hiding in the bathroom
Off his head on drugs, he didn't know where he was

Kicked him out, squad car up in minutes and someone else had reported him hanging around the area so the garda are aware

Got CCTV, got prints from his dropped lighter, I hope he gets nailed but this is Ireland and he probably has twenty or thirty convictions already, poor lad, never had a chance with his harsh upbringing and he's doing his best in a treatment program boo hoo. :rolleyes:

I feel violated, just to be asleep on my couch and some stranger standing over me. :mad:
Am I now going to have to double check I lock my door in the middle of the day and evenings....sad state of affairs

I listen to Joe Duffy and it's non stop talk of break ins but it's always someone else....then it happens to you, lock your doors folks

anytime IBRC is mentioned on RTE news its always the mouthful IBRC formerly known as Anglo Irish Bank

A collector from an animal charity called to my door over the weekend. I declined his request and explained that I don’t give money to any charity that helps animals and won’t do so as long as there are people starving to death in the world. He got quite irate and started arguing with me. That annoyed me.

Burglars and intruders, scum of the earth

Dozed off the couch yesterday after getting home from work, my door wasn't locked, sure who is going to waltz into my flat??

Mr. Junkie comes in, wakes me up with his banging around, found him hiding in the bathroom
Off his head on drugs, he didn't know where he was

Kicked him out, squad car up in minutes and someone else had reported him hanging around the area so the garda are aware

Got CCTV, got prints from his dropped lighter, I hope he gets nailed but this is Ireland and he probably has twenty or thirty convictions already, poor lad, never had a chance with his harsh upbringing and he's doing his best in a treatment program boo hoo. :rolleyes:

I feel violated, just to be asleep on my couch and some stranger standing over me. :mad:
Am I now going to have to double check I lock my door in the middle of the day and evenings....sad state of affairs

I listen to Joe Duffy and it's non stop talk of break ins but it's always someone else....then it happens to you, lock your doors folks

I've lived in 4 placed, one apartment and three houses. I've been broken into in three of them. On two occasions I have been there and I’ve met, and had an altercation with, the culprit one of those times.
Not a nice experience but I didn’t consider it that big a deal.

Yeah, in the end of it's not such a big deal

I just wrote that post on the night when I was feeling the strongest about it

It'll be forgotten about soon enough,

If this was three am and someone came through my unlocked door well that's my fault, I blame myself
This was seven pm in the evening so then I'm unsure if it's my fault or not, I never locked my front door in the evenings before

I like to think I'm brave enough but years ago I left my window open at night and a cat got in. I ran out of the room and got help, so you seem to have got on better than me.

I left the keys in my door another night but thankfully no one spotted them. My current door can only be opened from the outside using the key so you don't have to check if the door is locked once you're inside. You do have to remember to always bring a key even if you're just going to the shed.

I spent my student years doing hotel night porter at weekends
Years of experience of throwing drunks and wasters out :cool:

A stranger standing over you as you sleep is still scary though, that's bothered me the most

And I don't even drive, no car keys here mister. Probably the poorest person in this estate

That must be because you're so brave.:rolleyes:

:D Lol
No, the burglar I met was about 14 years old. On the other occasion I just made noise and they climbed back out the window they'd broken in through.
When people break in they are looking for money/things to sell. They aren't looking for trouble.

Live coverage of the Masters is only on Sky Sports on Thur & Fri :eek:

I was a good little boy giving up Sky Sports as part of the Firefly family austerity program for 2012, but I think I'll have to burn the bondholders on this one.. The little people can't take it anymore

UPC rang me up today with a half price offer on Sky Sports & Movies for €21 a month for 2 months with no hassle cancellation, it's a non-contract offer. Might be worth ringing them Firefly.

UPC rang me up today with a half price offer on Sky Sports & Movies for €21 a month for 2 months with no hassle cancellation, it's a non-contract offer. Might be worth ringing them Firefly.

EDIT Offer ended this morning, but I tried again and a nice girl put me through to customer care and they were able to help me. Thanks for that...21.50 for sports and movies per month for 2 months - happy camper I am!

You can turn on and off Sky sports on a month by month basis.

That's true alright, but 33 euro for 2 nights golf (and not the final rounds either). Might just call up home or even better go to the pub!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back