Things that drive you nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something else that annoys me is when you're sitting in a church or cinema that's three quarters empty and someone comes and sits right beside you.

Likewise, when I'm in a queue and the person behind practically stands on my heels. If I shuffle forward an inch to get some space they shuffle forward as well. :(

Likewise, when I'm in a queue and the person behind practically stands on my heels. If I shuffle forward an inch to get some space they shuffle forward as well. :(

Lean on them when they do that. Treat them like a handy wall you happen to be standing next to. They back up pretty fast when you invade their space to an even greater extent than theyve just invaded yours.

It says a lot about you if you park in the disabled spot by Tesco when there are two hundred parking spaces within a short walk and more further back

Selfish, lazy, I could keep going

Yeah I judge you

I estimate there are over three hundred spaces in the car park, only two disabled spots and you decided to take one, a hundred metre walk would have killed you I suppose?

Security guard inside the door couldn't care less

If I ever work for Tesco I'll be known as the parking nazi, you won't get away with messing when I'm on duty :mad:

I have had a horrible day and Purple and Truthseeker's posts above really made me laugh. :)

If you are carrying a bulky bag turn a bit to your left or right as if there's something fascinating there to look at - should give them a good belt with the bag. I carry a backpack a lot and find it excellent for preserving my personal space.

Itch one of your hips suddenly and your elbow will remind them to keep their distance. Otherwise, you could, ahem, break wind :D

If you are carrying a bulky bag turn a bit to your left or right as if there's something fascinating there to look at - should give them a good belt with the bag. I carry a backpack a lot and find it excellent for preserving my personal space.

Agghhhhhh! My bug bear. Kids (students) and a lot of foreign students who cram onto the luas and forget they are two foot deeper at the back with their back packs and mash other people. They can't feel it but we can. People who stink of garlic or drink on the luas in the morning. On one morning I actually had a spanish girl lean her chin on my arm as I was holding onto the centre pole while she read a text message on a phone which her boyfriend opposite her was showing her!!!

I don't like strangers touching or leaning on me. Mostly.

Itch one of your hips suddenly and your elbow will remind them to keep their distance. Otherwise, you could, ahem, break wind :D
I hate people standing on my heels in a queue...have to say Firefly, I never thought of this solution!:D
I also hate when in a carpark with loads of empty spaces, someone parks right beside you, happened to me recently, they were across the line, too close to my car to be able to avoid hitting it when they open the doors...:confused:

I have just started driving for the first time in Ireland. I have a US drivers license (used to live there) so I am not your typical scaredy cat learner driver. But This post will be deleted if not edited immediately H Christ, all those news paper sellers flogging The Evening Herald AND STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD AS THEY DO SO do my head in !!!!

God only knows how many of them I nearly killed today in the Five Lamps/North Circular Road/Amiens St part of town.

People who dont indicate when driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on lads how much trouble is it to let people know which direction you are going in?

When I passed my test a few years ago indicating was required by law - has this rule changed now??????

Maybe it doesn't drive me nuts, but it does annoy me.

Use of the term 'a great servant' when used for sports people, especially professional sports.

In recent days I've heard it mentioned about Didier Drogba, Denis Leamy and Seanie Johnston.

In the case of the first 2 sports, they well rewarded for their contribution to the club. They're not doing it purely out of their affection for the club, or in their spare time.

The case of Seanie Johnston is more complicated and maybe it's just good manners for Cavan Gaels to refer to him as a great servant of the club. But as he's putting his own interests ahead of that of the club, how is the epithet 'great servant' justified ?

Big white hairy fat men walking around with just a pair of shorts on!

Their female counterparts walking around glistening in the sun with the baby oil underneath which is a 3rd degree burn. :D :D :D

Women wearing flip flops to work - the rubber/plastic type one which are for the beach/gym.

Men wearing sandals with white socks. While I'm not crazy about sandals with socks, I forgive black ones with black socks at work due to the heat.

Not allowing enough time for breakfast this morning cos I had to put sun cream on the kids before school :mad:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back