Things that drive you nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this might be a strange one but anytime i open a newspaper or listen to radio and i see/hear something about 'a town in sligo/china/germany have broken the world record for most number of people dressed as santa/leprauchan/where's wally etc'

silly silly records...

this might be a strange one but anytime i open a newspaper or listen to radio and i see/hear something about 'a town in sligo/china/germany have broken the world record for most number of people dressed as santa/leprauchan/where's wally etc'

silly silly records...

Think you're listening to the wrong station/reading the wrong paper. I manage to never hear anything at all about world records. Lots of other dross though.

People who wear scarves indoors. Not small decorative scarves but full outdoor winter type scarves, in a warm airconditioned office!

people who insist on sitting by a window who then refuse to allow the window to be opened.

people who insist on sitting by a window who then refuse to allow the window to be opened.

People who assume that, because they sit beside the window/radiator in a shared office, it is entirely their decision whether windows should be opened or closed, or radiotors switched on or off.

I hate charity fund raisers who use their sponsorship as an opportunity for self publicity e.g. I'm climbing the Alps for charity, I'm doing a trek through the Amazon jungle for charity etc eetc. I call them pharisees. In the Bible, the pharisees gave donations in the temple but only did so where there was an audience who would see them doing it. These people are the same. The fund raising is only secondary to their attention seeking

I hate charity fund raisers who use their sponsorship as an opportunity for self publicity e.g. I'm climbing the Alps for charity, I'm doing a trek through the Amazon jungle for charity etc eetc. I call them pharisees. In the Bible, the pharisees gave donations in the temple but only did so where there was an audience who would see them doing it. These people are the same. The fund raising is only secondary to their attention seeking
+1

Self praise is no praise.

It's basically got nothing to do with them being charitable, but everything to do with them getting a free trip to the Amazon/Grand Canyon/Special Olympics etc.

I overheard one of these people recently saying, "It's a great opportunity for me." That sums up what it's about for them.

My wife volunteers for a childrens charity, which has an extensive training programme for new entrants. The amount of people who volunteer, do the training, then leave after a couple of weeks because they 'don't have the time' is staggering. They've basically cost the charity money just so that they can have something extra on their CV's.

+1

Self praise is no praise.

It's basically got nothing to do with them being charitable, but everything to do with them getting a free trip to the Amazon/Grand Canyon/Special Olympics etc.

I overheard one of these people recently saying, "It's a great opportunity for me." That sums up what it's about for them.

My wife volunteers for a childrens charity, which has an extensive training programme for new entrants. The amount of people who volunteer, do the training, then leave after a couple of weeks because they 'don't have the time' is staggering. They've basically cost the charity money just so that they can have something extra on their CV's.

In that vein the radio ad for Daffodil Day makes me cringe "real heroes" etc.

-People who walk in the cycle please get out and use the footpath - the hint is in the name!
-People who walk on the footpath with the head down and playing with mobile phone and dont see other people also walking on the footpath and walk straight into you
-People who insist on wearing sunglasses on a cloudy day
-Country people living in Dublin who seem to have developed a fake D4 accent
-Applying for jobs and not hearing anything back...........
Applying for jobs and getting a no but we will keep you details on file - please dont bother!!!!! What makes me think if you rejected me once you wont reject me again

-People who walk on the footpath with the head down and playing with mobile phone and dont see other people also walking on the footpath and walk straight into you

It takes 2 people not looking where they are going for this to happen!

-People who walk in the cycle please get out and use the footpath - the hint is in the name!
-People who insist on wearing sunglasses on a cloudy day
-Country people living in Dublin who seem to have developed a fake D4 accent
-Applying for jobs and not hearing anything back...........
Applying for jobs and getting a no but we will keep you details on file - please dont bother!!!!! What makes me think if you rejected me once you wont reject me again

Met a girl in Dublin once who was from Kerry and she was known as Dingle 4 :rolleyes:

The things that get me most are both driving related -
Cars constantly going through on red - happens at every junction now with 2 or 3 cars the norm on the bigger juntions.
Cars parking on yellow boxes - they're yellow boxes for a reason.

Have to say, I find Bus Eireann drivers very good on the road...always leave you out and if you leave them out you'll always get the hand out the side window to thank you. Taxis aren't too bad either..but regular drivers are the worst....top of them all is the man-in-the-white-van.

Recent gripe is that ATMs don't seem to do €50 notes any more only €20 and denominations of €20.

What's happened to all the €50 notes?

Yes, that one gets to me as well as it is really dangerous for me as a cyclist.
It also annoys me when cyclists cycle the wrong way on cycle paths.

Recent gripe is that ATMs don't seem to do €50 notes any more only €20 and denominations of €20.

What's happened to all the €50 notes?

That's mad. Every time I go to an ATM and only want a €20 the machine only ever has €50s. The ATMs in shops are the worst for this. All you want to buy is a loaf of bread and/or a pint of milk and you have to take out a €50! Then you get to the till and the oul wans on the till are like "have you anything smaller"

Drives me mad.

Met a girl in Dublin once who was from Kerry and she was known as Dingle 4 :rolleyes:

Haha that's priceless! I'm from Kerry, never had a real strong accent from it, but you'd know I was from the country. 12 years here and still get the bogger and culchie jokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back