The "Used to be Low Cost Airline".

have a read of the DAA website on the opening of Terminal 2, where they point out where MOL is talking pure low-cost BS. If anyone ever had any doubts about Ryanair...

"Slighty" off topic, but why are the DAA advertising terminal 2 on the tv ?? Its not like you can just show up at the airport and say I would like to leave from terminal 2, can you move the plane round to pick me up from there ??

I must say that the current batch of Ryanair sales are non starters. The prices on a few of the U.K. routes seem to go from €6 to €8 to €6 then back to €8. The other destination prices never seem to change at all. I have given up looking at the spring and summer prices for 2011 because it's same old, same old.
At least with Aer Lingus they occasionally have a sale giving you the opportunity to purchase well in advance.
I would say that Ryanair have become "boring" in the sales department.

"Slighty" off topic, but why are the DAA advertising terminal 2 on the tv ?? Its not like you can just show up at the airport and say I would like to leave from terminal 2, can you move the plane round to pick me up from there ??

Ever so slightly off topic PaddyC...why not advertise T2 ? I have been at T1 to go through US customs downstairs many times and its shabby (functional I agree) and hearing comments from people about how bad it is. Even the US customs folks smiled when I asked them about their move to T2, said they can't wait !!

I am not aware of any airport that you can request to fly from whatever terminal you choose.

A Lingus are profitable this year some 97m EURO. TBH some things are worth paying extra for. According to the Travel Extra magazine, Ryanair will increase baggage charges and other charges in 2011.

Ryanair will increase baggage charges and other charges in 2011.

Maybe they will.

I don't care at all who I fly with - I will simply go with the cheapest. Nine times out of ten that tends to be Ryanair. Even with new charges I'm wager it will still be Ryanair most of the time.

Baggage charges won't affect me as strangely, since I know in advance what the limits are I don't stuff whatever takes my fancy into a cavernous case without a care in the world and then start moaning come check-in time. ;)

not a problem for me either Caveat, I stuff my case full, on occasion be over the limit and have NEVER being charged by A Lingus.

Just delve back through the 'news' on Ryanair website and you will see bargains been given away in November last year for € 1 or € 2. Now it's € 6 or € 8.

Booked Poland from dublin in November last year and for 2 adults and 4 children return to Krakow (for Feb 2010 mid-term) - I paid € 250 approx and that included 3 bags both ways.

Ryanair have not had a good deal for quite some time as I regularly check the website.

If this continues expect their profits to soar next set of accounts they issue.

However, I must say I made good use of them while they were a low cost airline.

There are deals with Ryanair. Just checked flights to Canaries including Xmass period where you can get a return flight including all extras for around 80 euro! This is a round trip of around 4,000 miles. Not bad I think.

There were flights to both Faro and Malaga at 99 cents on selected dates for May on offer over the Christmas period.

One year on from my original post and I can say that there were nil 99c flights available this Christmas. In fact Ryanair seems to be stuck in the €21.99, €29.99, €39.99 for 2011. There is an occasional €14.99 to outer Hackballs Cross if you wanted to go there.

They are also using the old trick of having the outward flight cheap but the return flight at the higher price level. Certainly worth looking at Aer Lingus prices plus more user friendly flight times and the ability to choose your seat before you fly. Also the location of airport used has to be factored in.

I think they are perfectly entitled to take this stance.

I obviously don't "welcome" charges of any kind but I have more of an issue with Euro bureaucracy and BS legality than I do with Ryanair on this occasion.

I think they are perfectly entitled to take this stance.

I obviously don't "welcome" charges of any kind but I have more of an issue with Euro bureaucracy and BS legality than I do with Ryanair on this occasion.

+1. Try turning up for a concert without a ticket and see how far you get.

Ryanair state:

"All passengers agree at the time of booking that they will check-in online, and print off their own boarding cards at least 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure of their flight."

I don't see what the big problem is - either people are blind, stupid or careless.

Ticketmaster will reissue tickets if you don't have them. They did for my sister earlier this year at a gig. She obviously had to prove address and show cc that was used for the booking but no hassle.

Ticketmaster will reissue tickets if you don't have them.

Well, OK, good for Ticketmaster. They shouldn't have to and don't have to though. And Ryanair don't have to either - what's more they make a particular point of stating what intending passengers have to do. You are reminded frequently during the booking procedure. It's not like they are "pulling a fast one" or something.

Ten or fifteen years ago, Ryanair made a name for themselves as 'the ticketless airline'. Its easy to forget that this was a ground-breaking innovation at the time.

Its more than ironic that they now seem to be marketing themselves as Luddites with their 'paper forms or else!' policy.

Back