The "Used to be Low Cost Airline".

Odea

I have noticed that the Ryanair flight prices have now become very expensive and what with the add ons I think it is cheaper to shop around than assume that with Ryanair their prices are always low.

It always did pay to shop around and Ryanair are still very competitive. Have you any examples that show otherwise?

I have noticed that the Ryanair flight prices have now become very expensive and what with the add ons I think it is cheaper to shop around than assume that with Ryanair their prices are always low.

Are you actually suggesting that you believed the slogan and did not shop around up to this?

Although I am a Ryanair shareholder, I have always shopped around. They are often cheaper - they are sometimes not. Giving examples of dearer flights won't actually show anything at all. It will show what we already know - "they are not always the cheapest". Even if some serious, systematic research showed that they were cheaper 90% of the time, it would be meaningless. You should still shop around.

If you need to travel shortly, go to www.aerlingus.com The sale ends at midnight tonite. It's actually very good - we travel to visit grandchildren in three different countries and have just booked really well-priced tickets with AL.

It always did pay to shop around and Ryanair are still very competitive. Have you any examples that show otherwise?

Over the past few years I would already have booked a number of low cost flights with Ryanair for Mar/Apr/May/June by now. I keep an eye on lots of different offers both from Airlines and from Hotels etc.

This year I haven't booked one flight yet and that's because the usual good offers from Ryanair are non existant.

I'm hoping that when they report next week that they will have a real sale to celebrate their good results.

I agree that there have been good offers from Aer Lingus. There were flights to both Faro and Malaga at 99 cents on selected dates for May on offer over the Christmas period.

I agree that there have been good offers from Aer Lingus. There were flights to both Faro and Malaga at 99 cents on selected dates for May on offer over the Christmas period.

How would you like to go back to times like 1982, when i remember paying 200 punts Dublin-Heathrow with AL. Just because there aren't many flights for 99c, doesn't mean they aren't cheap

in 1989 I paid 138 punts Heathrow return with AL, not too much difference today with all the charges. So Mick O Leary is the saviour of air travel ???

Ryanair opposed T2 in Dublin, the metro to airport & blaming the Govt for their 10euro airport/visitor tax for the position they find themselves in ?? Remember the radar trouble last year, Ryanair blamed the world & its mother, Dermot Mannion the then AL chief didn't go on the attack a la S McNamara but rather focused on sorting it out. A PR win for AL.

I travel with both airlines regularly & compare them against each other.

What i'm saying is,it's nice to have choice (competition) otherwise it becomes a monopoly (expensive)

Some pretty poor discounts tonight on certain routes to end of April. Ranging from 10% to 25%. However as they had already put the prices from €8.99 per flight to €12.99 last Thursday, the latest discounts are not great.

Some pretty poor discounts tonight on certain routes to end of April. Ranging from 10% to 25%. However as they had already put the prices from €8.99 per flight to €12.99 last Thursday, the latest discounts are not great.

Ye have to get real here €12.99 would hardly get you the bus from Dublin to Galway

How much are you willing to pay? I don't think a jump of 4 Euro for a flight from one country to another would be considered not a great discount.

There appear to be less special offers about all right. There was a time when the €10 online check in and taxes/charges would be waived. I can't remember the last time there were 1c flights.

Is this the same for all hubs or just Dublin?

The fact that there's now a fixed €10 departure tax from all Irish airports which Ryanair must pay for each departing passenger (irrespective of whether they charge the passengers or not) must surely make it must less attractive for them to offer €0.01 all in fares as they now would have to absorb this on top of all the DAA charges (to increase as well)

No danger of going back to super high fares (as long as Aer Lingus dont' go to the wall leaving Ryanair with a monopoly on many routes) .. but definitely fares are ticking up compared to a year or two ago.

1 c flights could not be maintained forever and lets face it Mick O'L is not doing what he does for the good of his health!

Considering it costs €60 or so to get a train to Cork/Galway being able to get a flight for a similiar price to most of Europe is a great thing.

Is there a question here? if not, this should be in letting off steam.

no-one is forcing you to bring bags with you or to use a credit card that attracts charges, there are ways around all these charges. i still find ryanair great value, i'm going to be going to scotland for about 30e in may for a long weekend, aer lingus were looking for 100e for the same days to the same airport.

their new cork-bordeaux route might end up cheaper than aer lingus even with the train fare thrown it, it's another option anyway.

Back