The "Used to be Low Cost Airline".

They certainly haven't any bargains about at the moment, even in their May sale.

Is it possible to get to Ibiza other than flying Aer Lingus or booking a package. Trying to do a DIY.

Ryanair sale???

Ryanair's current sale over tonite. Maybe they will run a decent sale at some stage this week...Anyone know if they ever have sale on Lanzarote flights??? Maybe I be better off to book now in case they go up in price!!

Ryanair's current sale over tonite. Maybe they will run a decent sale at some stage this week...Anyone know if they ever have sale on Lanzarote flights??? Maybe I be better off to book now in case they go up in price!!

No luck. Prices practically the same as last week.

Looking at Ryanair's prices for May and June. It seems that they are going to re-coup any money lost because of the volcano. Their prices are very high compared to what they used to be. Even Aer Lingus is looking cheaper!

Trying to book an autumn holiday flying with Ryanair but their prices are "stuck" with no variation in them. At least Aer Lingus had the offer of a sale recently to include the month of September. I can't understand why Ryanair don't have an autumn sale because they must be losing business to Aer Lingus. Come September they will be trying to offload flights for October....why not offer them now?

I must be living in a parallel universe ehere Ryanair fares in september are dirt cheap !

Part of my job as a travel agent is to compare the tour operator's prices with what the public can find themselves . I'm constantly checking airline fares (as well as hotels,cruises etc) and I genuinely believe that ryanair usually have unbeatable cheap fares - except at the last moment and on occassiona when they know they can get away with it (like Poland over Xmas).

But even now for the next few weeks there are cheap prices - but there are great prces with tour operators as well. Basically its a crappy time for airlines and operators.
It has never never ever been cheaper to fly abroad.

Anyway-September ...
Looking at Ryanair just now for about 7th sept for a week in Paris or Madrid - 35 euro return inc. taxes and check-in fee.
Barcelona for 50. Or more unusual destinations like La Rochelle for 40.
These and several other destinations have the taxes included or ,rather, set at zero in the Ryanair prices to over a third of all Ryanair destinations.

There are dearer fares where there are no "free" taxes, such as Venice, Nice, Rome ,Crakow for 110 -130 euros , but I still think that's amazingly cheap for return flights to very popular destinations at what is a popular time for city breaks.

Doubtless one can now retort with some dearer examples, but there are so many return flights to all over Europe for between 50 -150 euros return inc. taxes and check-in ,(exc. baggage.) during sept and many other months.

What ,really, does one consider not cheap ? Anything over a euro ?

I agree with Oldnick. We were caught in Nice in April (Ash!) and paid about €100 alone in motorway tolls to get to Cherbourg! Never mind carhire, fuel etc. Going again in July and booked outward flights for about €40 each just a few days ago.

I agree with what you are saying but that is not really my point. I saw La Rochelle for €3 in April each way "all in" including taxes and fees and check in charge but excluding credit card fee. I know if I had a pre paid debit card I could have waived this fee as well. So €6 return to France was less than a designer sandwich.

What I am trying to say is that come August/September Ryanair will be trying to offload seats for late September and October so why not have a sale now.

I know that there are many people who cannot wait and have a need to book now, at higher prices and this is how they make their money but lots of people are taking up Aer Lingus offers because they are attracted by its sale. Is Ryanair losing out here?

Doubtless one can now retort with some dearer examples, but there are so many return flights to all over Europe for between 50 -150 euros return inc. taxes and check-in ,(exc. baggage.) during sept and many other months.

What ,really, does one consider not cheap ? Anything over a euro ?

One thing with Ryanair is that many people forget the cost of getting from the destination airport to wherever they are actually going. A classic example is London, Ryanair fly to Stansted, 2 return tickets on the Stansted express will cost €55-€60 + potentially any subsequent tube fares. If you fly to Heathrow with Air Lingus, the equivalent cost to and from Heathrow is about €11 and you could get unlimited travel in London(including the trip from Heathrow) for 2 for less then €20 with a day card

What I am trying to say is that come August/September Ryanair will be trying to offload seats for late September and October so why not have a sale now.

Well they listened to you but they shouldn't have bothered. No real bargains.

Yesterday I booked return ticket to Gatwick for €26 including charges for start of October(Go Friday Morning return Sunday night) Normally for that time I was paying double to treble price other years.

Good deals to be got on Ryanair, a lot of time is matter of keeping an eye on website

Looking at Ryanair today and I see that they have increased their online check in fee from €5 to €6. The "used to be low cost airline" is right.

The 1 Euro increase on "on line check in" charge was sneaked in. Not a word about it anywhere. MOL is forever shouting about Gov tax. How can he justify charging extra euro for you to go on your own computer to check in???

Last year Ryanair wanted €560 rtn to fly Cork = Dublin = Newcastle, they treat it as separate flights and so double the charges. Also I have said many times the luggage allowance is 15kg + €20 per kg over this, this could add €200 per rtn trip to bring you up to Airlingus allowance.
Do think Michael O'L might consider a free travel pass for pensioners same as the rail and bus?

http://www.ryanair.com/en/flight-info/BGY/DUB

ROUTE STATUS
1220 FR 9427 Milan (Bergamo) - Dublin ON TIME

I wonder why it says ''on time'' on the Ryanair website. I was on the flight and it was delayed by 2 hours or more due to snow at Dublin airport. Saying it arrived on time calls into question every claim they make about their flights being on time.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/flight-info/BGY/DUB

ROUTE STATUS
1220 FR 9427 Milan (Bergamo) - Dublin ON TIME

I wonder why it says ''on time'' on the Ryanair website. I was on the flight and it was delayed by 2 hours or more due to snow at Dublin airport. Saying it arrived on time calls into question every claim they make about their flights being on time.

If you actually look at the flying time between locations then look at the departure and arrivals time on your Ryanair ticket, you will see that they have added a generous amount of time to the journey so that they can say that they have arrived ahead of schedule.

The flight time from Dublin to Niece is about 2 hours 2 minutes ( 911 miles) but on their flight ticket it is about 2 hours 45 minutes.

have a read of the DAA website on the opening of Terminal 2, where they point out where MOL is talking pure low-cost BS. If anyone ever had any doubts about Ryanair...

have a read of the DAA website on the opening of Terminal 2, where they point out where MOL is talking pure low-cost BS. If anyone ever had any doubts about Ryanair...
Yeah, like the DAA would have an impartial view.
Below, not directed at PyritePete
I think if you want to carry more than 15kg luggage, use another airline
If you want to travel last minute, use another airline
If you like to have an onboard meal.......
If you dont want to pay an extra €1 check in........
But for some of us that used air travel in the early 80's,I know who i'd
sooner travel with to hundreds of destinations in Europe

Last edited:
Back