The "Used to be Low Cost Airline".

I use Ryanair a lot Caveat and know the rules. I never understand when people never stick to them either. There are always people trying yo push the boundaries.
I was just correcting the earlier point re concert tickets. It may have been a one off for ticketmaster or they may do it all the time.

Their latest "sale" seems to be stuck on €9.99 with the same old suspects being offered at this price.

From the Irish Independent today.

Monday February 07 2011

PASSENGERS on board a Ryanair flight were forced off the plane after a scuffle broke out over the cost of carry-on baggage, writes Luke Byrne.
More than 100 passengers were taken from the plane on Saturday, shortly before it was due to leave Guacimeta Airport on the Spanish island of Lanzarote for Charleroi in Belgium.
It is understood the disruption happened when Ryanair tried to charge a passenger extra for carry-on baggage and his friends on the plane 'mutinied'.
The pilot radioed for police support and the plane was evacuated.
Of the 168 passengers taken off the plane, only 64 were allowed to reboard.
"Following disruptive behaviour, the police required for security reasons that this group be refused travel," Ryanair said.
Irish Independent

Just following on from the last post, many of the Ryanair "mutineers" were still in Lanzarote airport yesterday afternoon (Monday) - it looked as if they'd camped in the airport, not far from the Ryanair desk!

The group I saw appeared to have a lot of luggage!

Has anyone had a look at the "Used to be Low Cost" Airline's fares recently? They talk about not having a fuel surcharge but they are certainly making up for it with the hefty increases in the cost of their flights.

i would say that the 2euro per person per flight is a fuel surcharge under another name. it came in when the barrel of crude neared 120 dollars.

just back from an expensive flights to/home from spain where both the flights had so much hand luggage people were pushing and rushing to get their hand luggage overhead, I soon saw why when the three people in my seats had to have three hand luggages under their/my feet. This was totally unacceptable as now the way out some luggage was removed to the hold but on the way home one air hostess refused anyone's suggestion of such, even to the point she told people very rudely to sit down.

I soon saw why when the three people in my seats had to have three hand luggages under their/my feet. This was totally unacceptable

It is standard practice on all airlines that any items of hand luggage which will fit, or any heavy items, should be accommodated in the space under the seat in front of you?

Back