The other side of Michael D Higgins

Great link! Michael D. is a courageous campaigner on long distance causes.

But what a pity he remained so quiet while Labour/Fine Gael upped the austerity measures against the poor, unemployed, ill and old in this county.

Yes he was right about the hypocrisy of Sinn Féin's Mary Lou McDonald criticising Labour over their support for cutbacks - while SF implemented them up north.

But that is no excuse for his silence!

Great link! Michael D. is a courageous campaigner on long distance causes.

But what a pity he remained so quiet while Labour/Fine Gael upped the austerity measures against the poor, unemployed, ill and old in this county.

Yes he was right about the hypocrisy of Sinn Féin's Mary Lou McDonald criticising Labour over their support for cutbacks - while SF implemented them up north.

But that is no excuse for his silence!
While I agreed with much of what he said (follow the Newstalk link from YouTube for full discussion) his support for terrorists and his unwillingness to condemn terrorist actions are disturbing. The bullying (shouting over the other contributor) and name calling didn't do him much credit either. If he was called the name he used he would have been apoplectic.

I have to say I am a little concerned about Mrs. Michael D. Is it my imagination or is she elbowing him just a little out of the way?

Sorry. I should have started a new thread. I was just commenting on Mrs. Michael D. She seems to like the limelight.

I listened to him on the radio yesterday. Dreadful aspirational guff. Its going to be a long seven years

Sorry. I should have started a new thread. I was just commenting on Mrs. Michael D. She seems to like the limelight.

TV certainly picked up on Sabina Higgin's obvious & justified joy that her husband was elected as our next President.

Could that be interpreted as hogging the limelight - personally I don't think so.

Yes he was right about the hypocrisy of Sinn Féin's Mary Lou McDonald criticising Labour over their support for cutbacks - while SF implemented them up north.!

Mary Lou has no problem with shinner cutbacks up north.

Back