Servicing Costs - Main Dealers

on line - all cars should be there

ie:

should be in the manual too - or just call them importer

I just had my car a full service with new pads all round in a certain Land Rover dealership in Airside total cost €1100.00 MADNESS I even refused to pay for certain things i did not ask for eg: Wiper blades, washer fluid etc

most cars need nothing for the first 60,000 miles bar oil changes and filters.
If something breaks, go to the dealer if you are under warranty, and have them fix only the impacted part.
Pick up OEM pads/parts on line for the rest, and have your local mechanic throw them on.

When dealers start offering value for money again (and a lot of them need to go broke, as there are too many), perhaps the consumer will start going back...
But the consumer is at fault for putting up with this for so long.

How in gods name do you invalidate the warranty by going to an independent?
As long as you follow the manufacturer recommended maintanence, and have receipts to back it up, they can't deny anything.

You can be sure that they will go through everything with a fine tooth comb to try and get out of paying up if anything goes wrong. You will most likely have a lot of hassle trying to prove you have not broken the terms of the warrenty.

And the $27 dollar servicing so far has included 4 new brembo pads, 2 new rear struts, a belt tensioner and an a\c belt, multiple rattles fixed, some bodywork tidying... etc as it sees a lot of track days...

Something is wrong here. The parts alone cost more than $27.

My earlier link from a main Ford dealer in the US showed a normal service bill of $400 if you followed the dealer recommended schedule (every 3k miles).

All parts under warranty
Car is used almost exclusively for motorsport, but the dealer has no prob with it.
The day he put the new brakes in, I nearly hugged him.
Even told me if i could blow the cluch b4 the warranty period was up, he'd throw a new one on. I tried and couldn't - strong cars.....

25,000 miles at this point - total servicing costs...$216 over 4 years.... Think I'll be getting another
Cost 33k, they offered me 19800 last week to used against a new one....

hey - i just got my car serviced in Bursey Peppard in Crumlin, Dublin. I was quoted over the phone between 180-200 euro depending on the carbon filter.... Brought the car in (2006 citroen c3) and when i went back to collect it, they were charging €275....!!! They replaced my window wipers (15 bloody quid they charged!!) the oil filter, the air filter, the carbon filter and used washer fluid. Now, i thought if parts needed to be replaced, they would ring you and inform you about it! I argued this and was told unless i pay in full then i would not be getting my car keys back!! I reluctantly paid but im really angry over it! Any advice?

Back