Ryanair changed my flight times and they don't suit me

I could have booked the day before or day after but specifically booked it the day we did as it had 10am departure which was ideal for us and we have booked our accommodation so don't want the hassle of changing that now.
As the OP of this thread. Everything remains the same for me. The new flight times are still there and I am sure that people are busy booking these new flight times unaware that they have already been change by up to 4 hours from their original schedule. I still have not received any email from Ryanair about these changes.....so I cannot cancel them.
If I stick with the new flight times it means that I cannot get to my end destination in time for what I need to do. I now have to change my original hotel booking and stay the first night in Palma. Hotel prices are more expensive in Palma than my end destination. I also wanted to avoid Palma as I was there already this summer. My return flights have now been changed to a morning flight from an afternoon flight.....again these don't suit me. It means a rushed taxi job to the airport rather than the leisurely option.
I do not think that these "new" flight times are going to change as dramatically again as they have done......maybe by 10 or so minutes. Ryanair insist that they might so they have refused to send me an email confirming the new flight times.
I do not think that it is fair what they are doing, saying that the flight times might change again.......knowing that they are not going to change or that it will be a small change....gives them the excuse to not send me the email....yet.

I have just reread my flight change and its actually worse than first glance and there is a very important gotcha that people should be aware of.

So I booked a family flight departing Dublin on June 27 and returning July 11th paying for 50% of the flight and the balance due sometime in June 2024.

This morning I got a notification that the flight departure date was moved to June 26th and return moved to July 10th which doesn't really suit so I'm looking to go a day later which should be free to change to.

Now this is where it gets interesting.

So they say to contact Customer Care if you don't want to accept the new flights and you can change for free to next available day.

So I contact Customer Care and ask for June 28 and return on July 12th.

BUT because I have not paid the full amount I cannot change the date. I have to pay the full amount before they consider allowing me to change (which I am entitled too).

I didn't have the full amount available to me 2 weeks ago when I made the booking and still don't.

So what am I supposed to do now? Try and find the remaining balance to pay for a flight I don't want and not knowing if they will change it to June 27th and I have paid the full amount.

So be warned that if you pay the 50% payment option when booking flight and Ryanair change this flight you cannot change what you are been offered as an alternative unless you pay for the original flight in Full.

The condition is buried in the T&C's - https://help.ryanair.com/hc/en-ie/articles/12891126685457-Instalment-Payment-Terms-Conditions#:~:text=If you wish to change,total cost of your booking.

I am been punished when it wasn't me that changed or cancelled my original flight.

Last edited:
Hi everyone

I hope someone can help, please...

I booked a flight on the 1st Oct for next Oct 9th. My orginanlly flight was at 10am and on the app it is showing 1630 now.

I have spoke with customer service and they are saying I need to wait upto 60days before travel to be notified by email for a refund.

You can clearly see on the summer schedule that my flight on every Wednesday has been changed to 1630, which is no good for myself.

How far in advance do people normally recieve their flight change email?
I'm unsure if I should risk booking alternative flights or not.

Thanks

Well it has just happened to me.

My morning flight is now a late afternoon flight, outgoing. My incoming flight is now a morning flight, it was a mid afternoon flight.

I have already booked my hotel at the resort an hour and a half from the airport. If I cancel the first night at the resort hotel, I will lose my early booking offer that I got. I also now lose an afternoon in the resort.

This was with Ryanair. They have not notified me of these changes.

I received a Ryanair survey this morning. Unfortunately it did not have a section where I could tell them what I think of them.

Have noticed a Ryanair flight for 3 months time has now been pushed out 4.5 hours.
No notification of the change in departure time has been received yet, so presumably I will receive some communication from them in the near future.

To be honest, the 4.5 hour change in time completely screws up our plans & means we will miss an event we are paid up & booked in for.

It wasn't fully clear from reading the thread but will I be offered the option of a refund on the basis that the flight time has changed or if the change is less than 5 hours do they not need to offer a refund which would be very unfair.

Thanks

By comparison with the Ryanair stories above, I got an apologetic email from British Airways during the week notifying me that a flight in October 2024 has been rescheduled by 15 minutes. Night and day.

Ryanair are probably operating technically within the rules in the above cases but it is a rubbish way to treat passengers and I hope everyone affected will complain to Ryanair, Conor Pope, TDs, MEPs, etc. as that is the only way this will ever change.

On a related note, I missed a BA connection in Heathrow a few weeks ago due to BA delay and within 45 minutes of arriving at the helpdesk I was sitting in a free 4-star hotel room, rebooked on next flight, had a free dinner, free overnight kit including clothes, free breakfast next morning. I was also given £220 compensation (more than the cost of my flights) and £20 for incidentals, no receipts required.

OP Update.

Still nothing from Ryanair.

My flight times were changed/noticed back in October. The change was about 4 hours for the outward and inward journeys.

I have asked them to send me an email showing that my flight times have changed. They have refused to do this, citing that they may change again.

Since October they have been busy selling seats for the new flight times, so it looks as if these new flight times are set. If they are not....I would imagine that subsequent flight times will only be changed by minutes rather than hours.

Why will they not send me an email so I can cancel my flights and re-schedule, they will have no problems selling my seats.

They couldn't care less about me.

OP Update.

Still nothing from Ryanair.

My flight times were changed/noticed back in October. The change was about 4 hours for the outward and inward journeys.

I have asked them to send me an email showing that my flight times have changed. They have refused to do this, citing that they may change again.

Since October they have been busy selling seats for the new flight times, so it looks as if these new flight times are set. If they are not....I would imagine that subsequent flight times will only be changed by minutes rather than hours.

Why will they not send me an email so I can cancel my flights and re-schedule, they will have no problems selling my seats.

They couldn't care less about me.
Have you complained to any sort of regulatory body? Or is there nothing "wrong" in what they are doing?

Marsupial. What is it about this that you do not understand? They are not sending the email to people.

9.1.1 When we accept your booking, the scheduled flight timings and flight numbers in force at the time will be shown in your booking confirmation or itinerary. The flight timings and flight numbers shown in your booking confirmation or itinerary may change before scheduled departure.

9.1.2 If we change flight timings or numbers before scheduled departure, we will notify you about these changes by e-mail. We may also notify you by push notification and text message (if you gave us a phone number for this purpose) where these changes occur shortly before scheduled departure. You will be informed of your rights in accordance with clause 9.2 below.​

Marsupial. What is it about this that you do not understand? They are not sending the email to people.

9.1.1 When we accept your booking, the scheduled flight timings and flight numbers in force at the time will be shown in your booking confirmation or itinerary. The flight timings and flight numbers shown in your booking confirmation or itinerary may change before scheduled departure.

9.1.2 If we change flight timings or numbers before scheduled departure, we will notify you about these changes by e-mail. We may also notify you by push notification and text message (if you gave us a phone number for this purpose) where these changes occur shortly before scheduled departure. You will be informed of your rights in accordance with clause 9.2 below.​

Grizzer old chap, be a pet and highlight for me where in the above text (which you thoughtfully posted in a large font presumably in case I was visually challenged) does it state when exactly that email will be issued.

Because my understanding, writing as a long time user, satisfied customer and strong supporter of Ryanair, is that it's only after the flights times have been FINALISED that the email is issued. Which, in my experience, it always is.

Last edited:
Incidentally, this is the email that I received from Ryanair on 18 September last informing me of a change in the times of my flight to sunny Lanzarote next week:

Dear Marsupial We’re sorry to inform you that there has been a time change to your Ryanair booking. Please note that as a result of this time change your flight(s) may depart on a different date than originally booked. Please find new details of your flight(s) below. If you’re travelling with others, please inform them of the changes. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.
However, you now have several options you can avail of, including accepting the new departure time, changing your flight for free, or applying for a full refund of the cost of your ticket.

For more details on your options, please see below:

1. Accept flight(s) time change
2. Change your flight for free
3. Apply for refund
• You can cancel your reservation and claim a full refund of your unused flight(s). Please click here to start the refund process.
• You will receive your refund within 24 hours of completing the refund process.​

So I got over 15 weeks' notice of my change of flight times, which I regard as quite acceptable.

I had a similar experience with an earlier booking which I had booked 10 months earlier. The flights were in April 2023, and the email advising me of the change in flight times issued to me in December 2022. On that occasion, I decided to switch to another flight (which was more expensive), at no extra cost. It's hard to complain about that!

So lots of schedule changes then. It suggests to me, not to book anything with Ryanair or reserve any hotels or transfers until you are inside 3 months of your flight.

It appears that they will eventually issue you with an email when they are good and ready.

So, I will amend the following.

9.1.2 If we change flight timings or numbers before scheduled departure, we will notify you about these changes by e-mail when we are good and ready.

On a related note, I missed a BA connection in Heathrow a few weeks ago due to BA delay and within 45 minutes of arriving at the helpdesk I was sitting in a free 4-star hotel room, rebooked on next flight, had a free dinner, free overnight kit including clothes, free breakfast next morning. I was also given £220 compensation (more than the cost of my flights) and £20 for incidentals, no receipts required.

Were you a first class passenger by any chance? Would love to know what the clothes, size etc. were like :) ?

So lots of schedule changes then. It suggests to me, not to book anything with Ryanair or reserve any hotels or transfers until you are inside 3 months of your flight.

It appears that they will eventually issue you with an email when they are good and ready.

So, I will amend the following.

9.1.2 If we change flight timings or numbers before scheduled departure, we will notify you about these changes by e-mail when we are good and ready.

But you'd hardly expect Ryanair to issue an email before it was good and ready, would you?

I suspect that the vast majority of Ryanair passengers, being blessed with a modicum of common sense, would simply read condition 9.1.1 and be able to work out what it means.

Last edited:
Were you a first class passenger by any chance? Would love to know what the clothes, size etc. were like :) ?
Definitely not 1st class, was practically sitting on the wing ;)

It was a pack with XL t-shirt, L underwear, socks plus toothbrush, toothpaste, eyemask, etc.

Got a confirnation email from Ryanair that flight has been officially changed by 4.5 hours, which screws up our plans.
No mention of a refund, just either accept it or look to change flight.

Am I entitled to a refund? As they don't seem to be offering it, initially at least.

Last edited:
Back