Ryanair changed my flight times and they don't suit me

I’ve just checked the flights and you’re right. FR7045 was at 13:10 and is now at 06:20. FR7047 is now at 13:10.
This is giving me the sweats.

For once, I booked flights at below €60 and checking them yesterday they are now over €200 one way. The return leg has also increased in price.

I have booked my hotels, everything is set. It is a two centre holiday, so any changes to my flight times will scupper not just the flights but the filling in-between.

This seems to be a policy of Bait & Switch by Ryanair because it is not the first post about it.

It needs to be highlighted on as many platforms out there. Although I doubt if Ryanair will care.

My flights have been changed by 4 hours. I have not been offered a refund. Just a change to another flight on the day or the day before or after.

Ryanair have really messed up my plans because of this.

The flights on the other days/times are cheaper now than what I paid for them.

Multiply this by two because my partner has also been affected and the sum of money is a decent size.

Do Ryanair re-negotiate their slots every year with the airports? Most airlines have set slots.

I don't understand this.

On the one hand Ryanair are telling people to book early to get a better price but on the other hand they are saying that they will be cancelling flights this summer due to a shortage of planes.

In the meantime are they still selling seats on flights that they know will not exist this summer....or is the plan just to bump people on to earlier or later flights?

They've gone and done it again!

Last October, I posted about Ryanair changing our outgoing flights to Palma and our return flights from Palma by 4 hours each leg. These flights are scheduled to take place in April. Huge inconvenience. Now we have to factor in the costs of a taxi plus an overnight in a Palma hotel. I reckon this change has cost us an extra €200 in additional costs.

I have now received another email about different flights to and from Nimes that we are due to go on in May.. They have also changed these by over 4 hours, both for the outgoing flight and for the return flight.

We specifically chose flights that were flying mid day for convenience. They have now changed our 12.50 p.m. flight by over four hours, it now leaves at 8.25 a.m. So, now a very early morning start that we were trying to avoid for a number of reasons. Our return flights have also been changed by over four hours. Our return flight was due to leave Nimes at 16.30 and now leaves at 12.05. Another inconvenience as we will be staying in another town and thought that we had plenty of time to make it to the airport by 16.30 p.m......now we will have to pay for a taxi to make it to the airport on time for the earlier flight. Probably at a cost of circa €100.

So, lightning has struck twice...... for us anyway.

So whether you are over 90 days from your flight or within 90 days of your flight, these boys can and do what they like and change their schedules.

Choosing certain days, certain times, to fly on....... doesn't matter. They can all change.

Choosing to pay extra to fly at certain times, doesn't matter because you can be bumped to an earlier or later flight that costs less with no refund.

You left one thing our Bronco. You also have to fly on a Boeing Max. Wheels falling off, windows blowing out.....hardly a week goes by without another problem.

I would be careful talking about lightning.

I got an email about the changes to my flight times. (My outward journey is about 4 months away.)
I'd like to change the time of my return flight.
On the email there is a 'Click here' link which brings me to a Contact Us page.
It looks like I there are a few options including phoning or Let's Chat.
For anyone who has changed flights, is phoning the best option?

Try logging into your Ryanair account also to view your purchased flights directly. There might be an option there to change the flights through the website/app. Something similar happened to me and I Contacted them via chat. I had a question about change of airport. They directed me back to use their website anyway, which worked easily for me in the end.

Reactions: POC
We have chosen a holiday destination in Italy for late September. Ryanair flights are booked. We paid extra to fly on a certain day and at a certain time. I would probably take a bet that these flights will be re-scheduled. (two other destinations already re-scheduled this year?

We also normally book our hotels on a no refund basis in order to get the lower price.

We have now started paying the hotel prices that allow you to cancel up to a few days beforehand......just in case.

Why did you book with Ryanair so?
When there is no other airline flying in to a particular airport we book and hope that Ryanair won't change their schedule. Unfortunately it is now becoming a regular occurrence.

Incidentally are Marsupial and Dr. Strangelove one and the same person or of the same mind....they follow each other around with their "likes".

I think for me the moral of this story/thread is don't book your flights until closer to your travel dates
By the sounds of it apart from having a seat on a plane on that day it's not any cheaper then booking closer to your departure date
Even if it ends up been cheaper, the extra expense of changed flight times might swallow up any of the savings
And then there's the emotional expense of not knowing if it's all going to work as you hoped!!

By the sounds of it apart from having a seat on a plane on that day it's not any cheaper then booking closer to your departure date
We booked some flights for 2024 before Christmas. At the time many hotels were offering an early booking discount for 2024 and also some had a Black Friday sale. So we booked, both flights and hotels.

Fast forward to 2024......some of the Ryanair flights are now more expensive and some of them are cheaper. We saved big on booking flights to Seville for early March by booking early, but on other flights, these have been re-scheduled by over 4 hours. We have lost on these because we have to now factor in the cost of taxis to our destination instead of using the local transport. We have also had to stay closer to our departing airport because the flight was re-scheduled to early morning.......this hotel is more expensive than the resort hotel that we were staying in......where we hoped to take our time getting to the airport.

We have nearly all of our 2024 flights and hotels booked now. I will definitely review the situation for 2025 because I cannot trust Ryanair anymore and I think by booking closer to the departure time will give us more peace of mind.......and just shop around for the best hotel deals.

I was speaking to some people recently and all are of the thinking that they have to set aside upwards of a €1000 per annum for unknown crap that comes their way from all angles.

Despite all the giving out about Ryanair, people don't seem to boycott them, why not?

Vote with your feet (for want of a better phrase), if your aren't happy - and put a snotty letter into Ryanair telling them why you won't buy their flights. If they get enough of those letters, they'll start to change their strategy.

The problem is that most of the time our other National airline are way too expensive.....that is my reason for using them. Touch wood I haven't had any problems with Ryanair.,.....so far.

Ryanair will book you on the next available flight e-mail - Don't trust this....

Email from Ryanair this morning - Scheduled Time change. Flight was for 2 adults and 2 kids..
Original Flight was leaving Dublin at 10:45 arriving in Milan at 14:15
Revised Flight was leaving at 19:40 arriving in at 23:10

I checked the Ryanair app and there was a the another flight with availability, the same day leaving at 13:15 arriving at 16:45 I had to get on to customer service and spend 30 min waiting to talk to somebody and got booked on this flight.

If I had just hit accept in the original email I would not have see the earlier option and would have a serious problem with car hire and the 2 hour drive to our accommodation getting it at 23:10 instead of the original 14:15...

I asked the customer service why I was not booked on the earlier flight and she said that it all happens automatically in the background and she could not explain why.

My return leg was also changed a few week ago Leaving Rome at 22:30 into Dublin at 00:50 - I purposely booked this to get us a full day in Rome.
This was changed to new departure time of 14:35 so we were loosing nearly a full day in Rome so I rebooked for the next day..

Maybe I was just unlucky with impacts to both flights, that were booked in Jan-24

I asked the customer service why I was not booked on the earlier flight and she said that it all happens automatically in the background and she could not explain why.
You were just bumped on to the flight that no one wanted. Ryanair knew that they could still sell the mid day flight.

Well done for being aware of this and thumbs down to Ryanair for trying to trick you. You can't keep up with them....

Back