Ryanair changed my flight times and they don't suit me

Please note that Ryanair is not liable for any prepaid expenses directly or indirectly related to your booking as a result of this time change.

If you have purchased other products with us (e.g. car hire, transfers, parking, etc.) and you need to make changes, please contact the providers directly.
If they sell you these add on services then they should be responsible for sorting out the mess that they have caused and not you.

If you purchase a product in a shop, you bring it back to the shop......not the manufacturer.

Because Ryanair is selling a service and not a product it appears that they can wash their hands of what they sell you without having to deal with something when it goes wrong.

Shouldn't be allowed.

.....and after they reschedule your flights AND after they have sold you car hire or transfers , parking etc........they just forget about you.....

This is what they tell you to do.

Please note that Ryanair is not liable for any prepaid expenses directly or indirectly related to your booking as a result of this time change.

If you have purchased other products with us (e.g. car hire, transfers, parking, etc.) and you need to make changes, please contact the providers directly.

If they sell you these add on services then they should be responsible for sorting out the mess that they have caused and not you.

Hypothetical whataboutery.

You used them solely as a point-to-point airline to travel from A to B and they will provide you with that service. So you have no grounds whatsoever for complaining.

Their website, their Terms and Conditions and their aircraft. No one held a gun to your head and ordered you to buy the tickets.

I feel these are the consequences of cheap flights. We can't have it both ways. When booking flights, the cheapest is the most restrictive. There are options of Flexi tickets that allow you to change and re-schedule, but you pay much more for these.

From the previous page it's appears to be 90 days in advance.

It does not say this anywhere in their Terms and Conditions. Why?

They can reschedule right up to departure time.

This 90 day myth was started by someone and now it is being copied and pasted all over the place.......If it is correct it should be in their Terms and Conditions.

It does not say this anywhere in their Terms and Conditions. Why?

They can reschedule right up to departure time.

This 90 day myth was started by someone and now it is being copied and pasted all over the place.......If it is correct it should be in their Terms and Conditions.

Ryanair mention it in their FAQs:

They need to write this in to their Terms and Conditions and not on FAQ's.

This is part of the email that they send you when they re-schedule your flight.

If you have already printed your boarding pass, please reprint it to ensure your boarding pass shows the updated scheduled departure and arrival time.

You can only check-in online at the earliest 60 days before your flight and print your boarding pass, (if you have purchased a seat). So this suggests that they are still re-scheduling flights inside the 60 day window and reminding you to re-print your boarding pass.

Hypothetical whataboutery.

You used them solely as a point-to-point airline to travel from A to B and they will provide you with that service. So you have no grounds whatsoever for complaining.

Their website, their Terms and Conditions and their aircraft. No one held a gun to your head and ordered you to buy the tickets.
You're hilarious.

Being a point-to-point airline they have no interest whatsoever in what your travelling arrangements may have been after you had disembarked from their aircraft.
Sadly that is the case. They can sell you hotel rooms, transfers, hire cars while booking your flight. Then they reschedule your flight and leave you to sort out the mess that they created.

From their Terms and Conditions.

If, after selecting and paying for one travel service, you book additional travel services for your trip via our website, you will not benefit from rights applying to packages under Directive (EU) 2015/2302. Therefore, we will not be responsible for the proper performance of those additional travel services. In case of problems please contact the relevant service provider.

12.3.4 We reserve the right to make changes to your package. Any minor changes to the package (including a change of flight time of less than 24 hours, a change of carrier, a change of departure or destination airport to another within the same region, a change of accommodation or car hire to another of the same or higher standard) will not entitle you to any compensation.

Ryanair have announced a summer sale today.

The funny thing about this is...I was tracking a flight to a Portuguese destination for a while now, and some of the prices have actually increased overnight. (September flight).

With all the posts about the changing of schedules if you book more than 3 months out I was holding off booking.

I booked flights for next August and I am now in a situation where they’ve changed my return flight time. From 13:10 to 06:20. The original flight is still there and being sold. Our seats we paid extra for are still for sale. The 13:10 is €60 dearer than when I booked it, the 06:20 flight is €30 cheaper than I paid for the 13:10 flight. We have two other family bookings, paid more than us, that are still on the original flight. I have not received the email about the change so they won’t change anything for us. I just want to be on the same flight as the rest of our family. We are being punished for booking our flights early.

I hope that everyone experiencing these Ryanair bait-and-switch tactics is taking action.

In the time it takes to write (or even read) these posts you could send a quick email to Dept of Transport, IAA, CCPC, your local TD, Conor Pope, etc. Only those affected can do it as you have the details and concrete examples of these anti-consumer practices.

If they hear from enough people then they will need to act. Ryanair are not immune to negative customer feedback and they are depending on people making minimal fuss.

Flight schedules change and they are probably just skirting the edge of the law/regulations but it is shady AF. Ryanair are a relatively low fares airline but they are still taking your money and should be treating you fairly.

Ryanair have announced a summer sale today.

The funny thing about this is...I was tracking a flight to a Portuguese destination for a while now, and some of the prices have actually increased overnight. (September flight).

With all the posts about the changing of schedules if you book more than 3 months out I was holding off booking.

Group bookings can often be the cause of a price spike. All it takes is XYZ team to book Faro to get to The Campus in QDL and the price will spike. There are schools/teams heading en masse to lots of places all year.

The original flight is still there and being sold. Our seats we paid extra for are still for sale. The 13:10 is €60 dearer than when I booked it, the 06:20 flight is €30 cheaper than I paid for the 13:10 flight.
So, they have bumped you off your flight so they can sell your seat at a higher price to someone else. They have also charged you €30 more for the early morning flight than is currently available.

Is this not illegal and can something be done about it?

I booked flights for next August and I am now in a situation where they’ve changed my return flight time. From 13:10 to 06:20.
So you booked FR998 at a time of 13:10. They was the only Ryanair flight on sale that day.

Now you check and see that FR998 is on sale at 6:20 and a new FR999 is on sale for 13:10.

Is that right?

I’ve just checked the flights and you’re right. FR7045 was at 13:10 and is now at 06:20. FR7047 is now at 13:10. However the 13:10 flight was not the only flight available that day. There was at least 3 now there are 4. Very clever.

I have sympathy for Ryanair to some extent as rostering, airport schedules, etc, can’t be known for sure six months out. So when a flight time moves by an hour or two I think people should get on with it.

But the situation set out by @janesedai where a flight time is moved by seven hours and the same flight time re-appears on the schedule seems like a deliberate ploy to mislead customers.

Back