Ryanair cash passport

time -- how does one get a visa electron in ireland, is it necessary to have a sterling account ? .

Cant buy the card???

I have made 3 attempts today to buy the card, it lets me fill in all details and bank info, and at the very end says cant do it today, I did get rid of pop up blockers etc etc, but so frustrating, I need to book few flights in the next few weeks, when I rang i went all around the world and then it cuts you off, any suggestions

I don't generally like knocking ryanair....

.. the bottom line is it is now possible to travel for a small fraction of the price it used to be. They aren't a charity, though and yes it is annoying when I have to dash to London with less than 3 weeks notice and the cost ends up being *what it used to be*. I recently got a flight to Birmingham at 2 weeks notice for 40 quid. Compare that with the current day return rail fare from Naas to Dublin city centre (18 quid). And the 40 quid included the €6 each way. You just have to be mindful of what part of the travel experience is important. About the only truly annoying thing has been the "Tadadadada aren't we fantastic we landed on time" thing.

But this is really annoying and IMO must be illegal. Let me quote from the card services folk (note: not strictly RA but an affiliate):

<Quote>
[FONT=&quot]At present we are only accepting applications made online from Irish residents holding an Irish passport. In order to comply with anti-money laundering regulations we are required to verify your identity and your residential address prior to processing an order, our systems can currently only accept Irish passports as a valid form of identity.
</Quote>

So as a UK passport holder resident in Ireland I am barred from purchasing goods within the EU area that are available to Irish passport holders, only because of the inability of the provider to process a valid EU passport That *must* surely be contrary to some EU principle somewhere.

[/FONT]

It is. The problem is that Ryanair will lawyer up to defeat any claims brought against it.

Can I just ask has anyone been successful in getting an irish ryanair passport? its impossible the site keeps going??

I have a Visa Electron card that I got with my Portuguese bank account, but I was unable to use it on Ryanair. I might try again next time I'm booking a flight to see if there's been any change.

HI all, got through to cash passport , irish can now do the offline application since yesterday, sothats the way to go!!

I was trying to get a cash passport with Ryanair but wasn't successful. They are asking for a landline phone number which I don't have. Could you register if you don’t have a landline phone? Any suggestions?

Has anybody had any luck reloading there cash passport, i keep getting message that my details are incorrect. (and to phone helpline)

Tried phoning the helpline and gave up after waiting for 1 hour.

you probably have this sorted, but you have to do it via your bank and put your card details in the reference box, its free but takes about 4 days, under international transfers , pain in the neck!!

Finally loaded card, you can do it via the internet. just make sure you go onto to irsh site and not the uk one.

Can anyone tell me when they loaded the Ryanair cash passport with their credit card ? Were they charged as a cash advance?? Thanks

Requestman , i loaded a ryanair passport from a mastercard credit card and i was NOT charged as a cash advance . but that was around feb/march time , i hope things have not changed. i think your best bet would be to ring your credit card company and ask them , im sure they will at this stage have had a lot of similar enquries and they will have the answer at the tip of their tongue.when you get an answer let the forum know as it may be of value to other forum members. best of luck to you.

I was charged a cash advance fee. I had not even thought that I might be. Will know better next time and try and do a bank transfer.
Also when trying to set up the cash passport initially I failed on umpteen occasions. I was using a tesco credit card. Then I tried with an mbna card and it worked first time.
I must say that the card works really well. Have booked 4 flights since I got it so thats 24e saved and the 10e voucher covered the cost of the card.

busby ,,, when i bought mine i used a mastercard credit issued through aib , i loaded money on to it and paid the initial sum and i was not charged . i have since put more money on to it and there was no charge. i went to the bank and was assured that there would be no charge. what credit card were you charged on.

Moonman, it was an mbna credit card. My own fault I think as I did not load it beforehand. Did not realise it would be treated as a cash advance.

to continue the saga. I loaded up the mbna credit card and waited 10 days to be sure it was in the account. I then transferred the money to Ryanair cash passport and to my surprise I was still charged a 'cash advance fee'! Have sent a message to Mbna to query it.

A cash advance is a cash advance regardless of the balance of the card. MBNA won't back down.

time as i said in post 85 above, . when i bought the card i used an AIB mastercard, i bought the card 10euro and at the same time put a few hundred euro on it as i was booking family holiday flights around that time. i was not charged a cash advance. i would like to hear from some people on the forum of their experiances when loading the ryanair cashpassport from different credit cards. i think debit cards are different . as most readers of this thread it probably know it says on the site that there are only 2 ways to load a cashpassport, visa debit and visa credit cards

Back