Questions re probate

just found out that the other beneficiary in the UK doesn't want to apply for their PPS number, can we continue to apply for probate & just let the probate office know or is there a form they have to complete ?

Just ask them to put it in writing that they disclaim the inheritance, signed & dated etc. and you can add that to the file for probate.

just found out that the other beneficiary in the UK doesn't want to apply for their PPS number, can we continue to apply for probate & just let the probate office know or is there a form they have to complete ?
You have a numpty (I probably will have to deal with foreign beneficieries in the future, hence my interest in this!)

Well they should change their mind when you tell them they will not be getting their inheritance.

Well guys I'm back with yet another question! Thankfully I think gathering the necessary info together wasn't too bad & completing the SA.2 online isn't too daunting either.

Just a recap:
MIL died in July, left a will
3 executors, 2 in Ireland & 1 in UK (1 in Ireland & 1 in UK didn't want to act so they each signed waivers)
4 beneficiaries - MIL left her only property jointly to son & daughter + small amounts to two grandchildren
we have finally managed to get PPS numbers for all beneficiaries so that's not a problem
CU - MIL had nominated son & daughter so they released the funds immediately as it was <€23,000
The property is going up for sale shortly, obviously there are costs involved in this as well as applying for the probate itself
There's also other fees such as having a fence put up between her property & ours for when it's sold

The question:
As per the SA.2, see attachment, I have input all the information upto the Beneficiary Benefits Section (7) but don't know what figure I should enter in the 'other benefits' section for beneficiaries 1 & 2 (son & daughter).
The 'assigned benefits' of €7,208 shown for each of them was the amount each received from the CU

I would appreciate any help & guidance with this. TIA

Attachments

• Probate.pdf
    110 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Just an update on this for anyone who may be wondering....
In mid October We completed the SA.2 online through the MyGov.ie portal without any issues.
Beginning of Nov. we were notified that the current wait for Grant of Probate was approx. 12-14 weeks unless there were any issues with the application.
End of Nov. we were asked for the originals of the Executorship waivers to be sent into the Probate Office.
Dec. 13th we got a phone call from the Probate office offering us an appointment the next day! Unfortunately we had to attend a family funeral so couldn't make it.
We were offered an alternative day/date of this Thurs, 4th Jan. '24.

Overall we found it quite a painless process to go through but then we either had, or could get, ALL the relevant paperwork together & in the end the cousin that we thought was going to be a nuisance actually didn't want anything to do with it.

Final update - attended the Probate Office & the lady who saw us was extremely helpful & there were no problems, forms signed n witnessed & the Grant of Probate will be posted to us in a day or two.

Back