Problems with Magazines 365

Doreen Magazines365 is an Irish company so I doubt watchdog would be interested and we don't have a similar programme here.

I got my money back but that was over a year ago. Don't know if any of the more recent posters have received refunds.

well shesells guess whar phone disconnected rang garda fraud squad besr thing they say is sue thwm teu small claims courts, why nobody take action agents magazine 365 they are still takeing peoples money??

I contacted the Consumer's Association of Ireland about Magazine365 last year. I was told that the small claims court would probably not take on the case. Instead they suggested I contact the Garda Fraud squad. I did. I submitted a large dossier of evidence of what I consider to be blatent flaudulent behaviour.

I suggest that everyone with a problem do this. This company is still offering subscriptions to magazines that I know first hand they cannot supply. I worked for one such magazine.

Trouble is that many people take the subscriptions out for gifts and are never aware that the magazines simply may or may not arrive.

You have been warned. Avoid if you do not like throwing your money down the drain.

Sorry about digging up an old post but I've been searching for a UK Magazine called Move to the Country. I done a search for it on Magazine Subscription and it doesn't have it. It goes to a page requesting the publisher to add details ( ).

Having done a search on google for it, it appears it was published by Ace Publications and the magazine website was http://www.movetothecountry.net however that website now gets forwarded to a grow your own veg magazine website.

So from all my digging it looks like this magazine is no longer available!

HOWEVER!! a further search on google brought up this magazine with Magazines365 !! At http://www.magazines365.com/home-gar...o-the-country/

If you look at the magazine cover, its dated as JULY 2007 !!! Its nearly 1 year out of date.

MoveCountry.jpg

I thought that was strange, how it suddenly existed on one website and not the other so I done a seasrch on magazines 365 and found this post!

Is this another case where there listing magazines that are not available?

From the comments on this thread so far, even magazines that are actually bring published aren't being delivered by magazines365 so this story does not surprise me.

I wish I had found this thread a few weeks ago. Ordered a subscription for my husband in May, and I received a letter a week or so later from the publishing house for the magazine I had ordered saying that they were no longer dealing with Magazines 365. They suggested that I cancel my order with Magazines 365 and then reorder directly from them. Since then, I have also discovered that this company do not answer their phones or reply to emails. Visa have told me to keep a copy of the original email I sent them asking to cancel my subscription, and that once 30 days have gone by with no refund and no magazine, Visa will then pursue this company for a refund. The 30 days is up next week, so we'll see what happens. I've given up trying to phone them because it is a waste of time. Hopefully Visa can sort it out.

I was horrified to discover today through this thread, that people have been experiencing these problems for so long now and still the company is operating. I specifically ordered from them because I wanted to give the business to an Irish company. I too will be making a complaint to the Consumers Agency.

Does anyone know if the company is still trading? My Girlfriend bought me a subscription for my birthday, however we got a letter from the publishers(like everyone else it would seem) stating that they would not honour the subscription.we too have tried all the above & got nowhere.

Please Help!!!!

Has she tried getting a charge back from her credit card company like a poster above? That's the closest thing to satisfaction you'll get from dealing with this lot!

Yes, you need to tackle it through your credit card company. That's what I did. Last week I got my refund - the credit card company just charged the amount back to Magazines365.

Discussion on Joe Duffy re magazine 365 at the moment. Gosh the spokesman can talk the talk but many ringing in with complaints.

I was lying here listening to Yo Yuffy and having Goggled Magazines365 when what I believe is the obvious occurred to me, the obvious that is based on what I read and heard.

That is that a company who want to save on overheads, the biggest one being outlay for magazines every month, can if there scrupples are loose save a fortune.

A magazine that is a month old and unsold is literally wortless and if unsold and you offer someone a very small price for it they will I imagine part with it quite easily.

So it goes like this, I take large wads for subscription and promise everything will be fine, sit back and wait for three week/month old magazines(known as returns in the business) to become available, when they are I buy for a pittance, probably ten per cent of full price and ship them on to the annoyed but slightly relieved customer who is happy at least that they are not being conned ultimately even if it is annoying. If he cant get the magazines he has at least tried, ignore all e-mails, telephone calls and efforts to get through. If the Credit card companies arrive then its time to cave in as they are unbeatable. The business model is that you will make money either way, up until the point that the negative publicity overwhelms you. All the time up to that point is money money money and because you are a conman it doesnt blunt you at all. I think that that point arrived today.

You then find yourserlf appearing live on the radio and its all good even if there are a few problems to be ironied out. As the woman said on the programme there is no point in agreeing with all the complaints if there is and or has been no change in the situation which to all outsiders looks like a shambles but your bank balance is pipping hot.

I hope I havent given anyone a great idea and that Im on the money with regards to his motus operandi and it doesnt really work but I have convinced myself theirs a shy business tycoon in here hoping to stay that way.

Listening to the show I thought that Joe Duffy stepped in too quickly, to save the 365 spokesman when the caller had the guy on the ropes.

Has anyone else experienced problems getting a refund from Magazines 365. They failed to deliver a single magazine I ordered then stopped returning my correspondence when I went looking for a refund.

Has anyone else experienced problems getting a refund from Magazines 365. They failed to deliver a single magazine I ordered then stopped returning my correspondence when I went looking for a refund.

Did you use a credit card to order? If so they can initiate a chargeback process.

I am in a very similar situation. Ordered in April. Nothing arrived for my subscription. Have been chasing them since, they promised me a refund and yet nothing. I have contacted the Ombundsman last week but am waiting on a contact back. I think I will go the small claims route. For the person who mentioned that the Economists were great do you have a contact number? I really think this is a serious issue for consumer affairs and am surprised that more action has not been taken.

You can only get a credit card charge back if it is within 3 months... unfortunately some of us were fooled into waiting this long for our magazines

Back