Problems with Magazines 365

It amazes me

1. that people still use this company
  2. that the company are still in existance
  3. that comsumer affairs still hasn't taken sanctions against them

Update on my ongoing problem with Magazines365.

I contacted the Economist directly and they have been fantastic. They intervened directly with Magazines365 on my behalf and I have - after almost 4 months - got a refund. However, I have had no contact from Magazines365 themselves and no apology for their very poor business practice.

My advice to anyone considering using this company in the future is to think carefully about it first. If you have problems with them - be aware that they simply do not answer emails, return phone calls or letters.

i am experiencing similar problems with magazines 365. no magazine 5 months on-no explaination and no reply to my email and phone calls. i've emailed the national consumer agency asking if they had similar complaints to my own. they did not divulge this info but recommended small claims court. WHY IS THE COMPANY STILL TRADING. its a disgrace

It's over 12 months since my original post so obviously nothing has improved with magazines365 yet people keep giving them money.

www.subscription-service.ie (no connections) has proved a much better option for me, I've had my Time magazine every week so far.

Hi there,

I'm one of the suckers who thought 'keeping it Irish' is a good way to give a xmas gift.. after 4 emails and no replies I'm very frustrated and annoyed that the gift has still not arrived..
Can anyone here please PM me the MD's number so I can try that..
Thanks!

Can someone please pm me the MD's number as well.

fyi I've been on to the consumer connect people who say they are aware of complaints against this company and they will be pursuing it apparently. In the interim they suggest people put their complaints in writing and if no/unsatisfactory response after 5-10 working days the option is to pursue via small claims court.

I've rang the MD twice already and he hasn't returned my calls... Am getting fed-up and furious at their VERY bad service!
If anybody has any ideas whould you let me know please?

I bought a subscription in November 07 for a gift but embarassingly, nothing has arrived yet! I have sent numerous emails but no reply. When I tried to call today, the answering machine was full so I could not leave a message. I will write a letter to complain and will apply to the small claims court (costs €9 see their website - http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/justice/courts-system/small_claims_court ) Even though it is a relatively small amount to claim, the principle is there that this company shouldn't be allowed to take money and not provide the goods!! I too decided to support an Irish company rather than going direct to the magazine, so this experience is very disappointing.

How is this allowed to continue? The website should be made to close down if this is a scam company. Has anyone had any response from them?

Re: Problems with Magazines 365 -

Hi there. I wish I found this site before I ordered a subscription for my sister. Anyone got anyway I can get my money back or my magazine?
Or the MDs number? Thanks

Hi all, I also bought a subscription from them in November 07 and still waiting. I got in touch with NCA after many unanswered phone calls and emails and they suggested I write them a regsittered letter with as much detail as possible. This was 3 weeks ago and just yesterday the letter came back to me as no one seems to be at the address listed!!

I have had similar problems - was in the process of ordering a magazine subscription for my husband and when I clicked the Confirm Payment button the screen froze so I had to shut it down. I checked my Order History and there was nothing in it - there still isnt. Then when my bank statement arrived I noticed that they had taken the money yet I have received no magazine.

I have phoned, left messages, emailed etc. to no avail. Then when I phoned today I got the usual voicemail PLUS an additional message from eircom saying that their voice mailbox is full, hence I cannot leav any more messages. It is clearly not being checked anymore because they couldn't give a damn about thier customers. There's a far more simple phrase for what they do and it's called STEALING.

I have reported them to consumer connect and am awaiting a response.

Anyone want to talk about this?? Have been contacted by a reporter interested in doing a story about our experiences. Would be a tv news item. PM me if you're interested and I'll pass on your details.

Has anyone filed their claim through the small claims court?

hi can someone please give me number of md as like others they took money no service ignore e mails and phone calls

hi there,

I am a new member - just registered. Was googling magazine 365 today cause liek eveyone else ordered a magazine subscription from them for my mother in law early December 07and she still hasn't received any....also have left messages and send emails but no reply whatsoever....
has anyone reported them to bbc watchdog...? or have had any luck in last week getting a reply/money back?

thank you

Back