Poor oul Tubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The audit has revealed a system that diverts income from sponsors directly into the pockets of presenters instead of going into RTE coffers and then being paid to Tubbs as salary. What’s really damning is that RTE guarantees these payments in the event of a sponsor pulling out.
Is it suggested that RTE income was not declared in its accounts.

That is surely false accounting and a criminal matter.

Nobody gets suspended without pay until an investigation is carried out.
Yep - that's my point - complete result for Dee - else she'd have to to explain herself whilst on holidays or worse cut her holiday short.

Is it suggested that RTE income was not declared in its accounts.

That is surely false accounting and a criminal matter.
I will add in passing that it has been noted elsewhere that Tubridy wasn't just an 'employee' of this company vehicle he used to receive payments from RTE - he was the owner and a Director.

Are there corporate governance etc rules Tubridy could have violated and for which ignorance is no defence?

Last edited:
It occurs that if Renault hadn’t pulled the plug, it might have been possible to explain away the arrangement - RTE could have argued with a straight face that it was merely the conduit for the payment and that the organisation wasn’t at any financial loss. It would still be a dubious practice but it wouldn’t be possible to point to any loss.

I think the real question is why Renault terminated the arrangement so early. €75000 a year for 10 personal appearances by one of the country’s best known presenters sounds like a good deal for a company of that scale.

Might it be that they didn’t like the whiff they were getting?

RTE could have argued with a straight face that it was merely the conduit for the payment
Explains why RTE didn't take up the opportunity to produce Fr Ted.

They didn't realise 'the money was just resting in my account' strikes most people as funny.

It occurs that if Renault hadn’t pulled the plug, it might have been possible to explain away the arrangement - RTE could have argued with a straight face that it was merely the conduit for the payment and that the organisation wasn’t at any financial loss. It would still be a dubious practice but it wouldn’t be possible to point to any loss.

I think the real question is why Renault terminated the arrangement so early. €75000 a year for 10 personal appearances by one of the country’s best known presenters sounds like a good deal for a company of that scale.

Might it be that they didn’t like the whiff they were getting?
I wonder what the nature of the 'personal appearances' was?

They were already sponsoring the Late Late Show. Was it connected to giving out prizes from the show?

For one thing I don't think Tubridy even drives a Renault.

And covid happened maybe?

Will he have to pay back the money?
I don't see how he can be compelled to unless it was shown he did not fulfil his side of the contract.

But if he has any sense he would donate it to charity or something. Or plan to retire on it.

I don’t even know why there’s such importance attached to paying presenters, like Tubridy, the amounts they themselves think they’re worth.

It’s he’s paid 500k, it should only be because some rival broadcaster was willing to pay only 490k. I don’t think this is the case.

New statement from Tubridy, totally different spin to yesterdays... the cartoon is playing out.
The insecerity is obvious in light of yesterday's "nothing to see" here.

Tubridy apologises “unreservedly” for failing to ask questions as to why his salary was incorrectly reported - but denies the issue led to him leaving the Late Late Show;

Last edited:
Salv - any chance of being less cryptic? Can you explain simply please?
She’s the head honcho and all this went on during her watch. She oversees an organisation that allows this to happen. She gets paid at a level that requires her to be responsible for all that goes on.

If she really didn’t know what was going on or how her management team were operating, that’s on her.

The wags are having a field day...

Tubsidy.

Where can I get in on this scam?
img-8794-jpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back