Lusk Village/McGarrell Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Dunner,
I was speaking to guy called Albert, is the formeman of the site? He seemed pretty helpful in fairness which was a relief. He informed me we were all wired up for electricity and water etc and they were just working on the exterior of our house now so getting close at last.

The foreman is Mark O'Connor. Yeah the exterior seems to be the big deal with us too. Are you in Wendy Walsh Close?

We are (or will be) in Joyce Road, looking forward to it once all complete, been up there a few times and it [Lusk] seems to be a nice little place all in all. If anyone needs to get hold of this Albert guy, his mobile is XXX XXXXXXX and he seemed to be clued in to the state of things for our place anyway.

Moderator's Note: Request received to remove mobile no. for possible security reasons. If anyone requires same please send a PM to either MJThomps or sueellen.

Good stuff, maybe Alberts the foreman for your area. Mark O'Connors the foreman for Wendy Walsh close anyway.

Yeah Lusk seems fine, could do with some amenities though considering the amount of houses there are there. Heard that theres a Tesco being built so at least that's something.
Swords/Skerries/Rush are only a couple of miles away anyway.

There's a commercial development currently being built. It's a medical centre with a certain amount of retail space. There is a space for a small supermarket. We're not sure which of the chains will be taking it. There will also be a coffee shop, and a few other small shops.

Just to this.I live in Lusk Village and have already written about this estate. I think in it is a pretty good place to live in and is well thought-out - despite a lack of amenities and the fact that much could be done to improve the route to the station and parking there etct,etc. But about Lusk Village I must say this. the apartment development is a cuckoo in
the nest an should never have been allowed. Just a few cheap bucks for mcGarrell Reilly I guess. Also I would warn any potential buyers not to go for the four bed house or the three-bed house on either side of the apartments. So badly designed is this section that the ground floor toilet windows of the apartments are attached directly to the neighbouring aforesaid houses. Try explaining that to your guests as you show them around your new property,. Buyer beware
Best wished,
robert hagan

hello robert,
I recently purchased 3 bed semi in Norsemans Walk which is adjacent to the apartment block. I have looked around the site and much to my disapproval discovered that within my back garden lies two large manholes. Do you know if this is the norm and are there any other residents with a similar issue. Any information will be of great assistance.
Thanks.

About the manholes,
Yes, I'am afaid this is fairly common in a lot of the gardens. We also have two. No great problems as yet though
good luck

Hi there. New to the thread.
Has anyone here bought one of the show homes? Any problems with them?
Anyone here living in the 4 bed houses? Thoughts or feedback.
I'm currently living in Dublin 8 and am considering a change of scenery....maybe Lusk.
Do most people here who work in Dublin walk to the train station? How long does it take?
Thanks

It would take about 20 minutes to half an hour to walk, depending on how fast you walk. The pavements are currently a bad joke for much of the way, and frequently get flooded in rainy weather. Cycling to the station takes about 10 minutes - 15 if you haven't been on a bicycle for a while.

Hi,
I agree that the appartments are an odd choice for the development, was out at our place on Monday and we can see the appartments but at a 'safe' enough distance. We are snagging on Friday and have been given a completion date of 10th May although I think this may be pushed back a couple of days depending on the results of the snag, fingers crossed nothing major turns up.
Quick question for those already in the area - is there a launderette in Rush and/or Skerries? not a dry cleaners, just your standard old laundromat? just to fill the gap while we wait for the delivery of the washing machine!
Thanks...

There are two different types of four-beds. They are completely different. Best look at brochures. They're great houses though. The estate is pretty imaginative with great landscaping. The area is great with loads of countryside. Skerries has lots of good pubs and a few good restaurants while Swords has good shopping. Lusk itself while pleasant enough, could make more of itself.

So nobody has any major regrets or complaints since moving there...that's nice to hear.
Does anyone here live in the four beds?

Can one get broadband in Lusk...for example Smart Telecom?
Thanks again

Sounds good.
May take another look at Lusk village. Sounds as though there may be alot of potential in the future for this area.
If anyone has any experiences of the showhouses or of the 4 bed houses I'd be interested to hear!

Thanks

We live in type E four-bed detached house which is well-designed, though kitchen is maybe a bit small. There is another type - a four bed terrace sort of house. Don't know what they are like. Best advice is to contact sherry fitzgerald and arrange viewing of showhomes. There are very few new homes left and i think prices for the four beds range from 400,000 euro to 480,000. The estate might not be everybody's choice because it is pretty high density. So have a good lool around. good value though

rhagan said:
We live in type E four-bed detached house which is well-designed, though kitchen is maybe a bit small. There is another type - a four bed terrace sort of house. Don't know what they are like. Best advice is to contact sherry fitzgerald and arrange viewing of showhomes. There are very few new homes left and i think prices for the four beds range from 400,000 euro to 480,000. The estate might not be everybody's choice because it is pretty high density. So have a good look around. good value though

I got my snag list done tonight and I don't think anything major turned up. So I would expect to be able to move in soon enough but I have exams shortly so I will wait till they are out of the way.

I'm looking forward to the move now. It sure is going to be different.

Hi all, I'm new to this thread and I've found more info here than from any phone call to builder/foreman! Anyway, has anybody got reliable completion dates in the joyce road / wendy walsh close area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back