Lusk Village/McGarrell Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we first moved in two and a half years ago, the cable service was good and well priced. That company was taken over, and the channel package became far worse, and the price went up significantly to the effect that sky became an attractive option.

You can get broadband there from eircom or BT. I'm not sure who else would cover the area.

Hi

Have just been reading the entries on housing in lusk village - just wanted to know if any of you have type f (the one with the car port)?

At the time we bought, they didn't have any show houses for type F. They couldn't even give us any idea what they looked like. They didn't have plans for them. We're on the end of a terrace of type F, so we had to wait until they decided what they were doing before they could start building our house. Our neighbours bought theirs blind. All they had was the floor area. Personally, having seen them since, I think they're the best option among the 3 bed houses. I don't know how the prices compare now.

We just bought it last July - they did have a showroom (if you could call it that) at that stage - it was carpeted/tiled but had absolutely no furniture in it!! There aren't an awful lot of them in the development - none at all in the new phase which I thought was very strange! I was just interested to see if anyone else had one - we are having a few problems with the level of noise we can hear in our master bedroom which is the room above the car port - wanted to see if it was a common problem!

Thanks to everyone for their replies. We have just finished the snag list (nothing major to do, thank God!) and hope to be signing soon. Thanks again!

lightup said:
Thanks to everyone for their replies. We have just finished the snag list (nothing major to do, thank God!) and hope to be signing soon. Thanks again!

How did you organise your kitchen/appliances/fitting etc....?

I reckon I'm about a month behind you.

We hunted around all the various stores. Having decided which appliances we wanted, we found that DID had the best price at the time. We managed to time it while they had a sale. They don't install themselves, but they will provide names of people who do.

Cheers Seagull....DID are winning this time around as well.

Anyone hear any more about their houses being ready for snaglisting?

I'm led to believe it should be around now....

Going to give the foreman a call later to see what the update is. We're currently 2 weeks behind (should have been in next week). He's told us the house itself is fine, but the area outside it (driveway etc) are not ready to be opened and that's what causing the delay.
Has told us we should be snagging next week and in by April.

I'll let you know what he says when I call him later.

By the way, DID is looking good for us too for appliances. Gonna run their prices by Harvey Norman one more time to see what they can do for us but i'd say we'll end up going with DID.

Called the foreman, unfortunately we're delayed by a further week so will hopefully be in by 2nd week in April with snagging either week beginning 20th or 27th March.

Think the two houses next to our are all in the same position. None of the houses in my estate (Wendy Walsh Close), 12 in total, are ready.... ours and the 2 beside us look to be the most advanced.

Anyway, best of luck James. Let me know if you hear any more about your snagging or if you happen to find anything when u do snag that I should know about.

sounds like I'm in the same boat then. I rang him during the week and there was talk of April alright....the ESB needs to be hooked up, small bit of painting, and the groundworks done. I'm in Wendy Walsh Close as well (what a wierd name), so I reckon mid-April so. Wonder if the landlord here will do a deal.

Hiya, we moved in last August, and yes, the paint is peeling on the wood work and the first few settling cracks are appearing... a friend of mine said it's got to do with the wood settling or something
Our Snag List at the time didn't come up with too many things, mostly cosmetic things, and I have to say the guys made a bit of a mess fixing things, like a scratch at the wardrobe was woodfilled, then stained. but the woodstain got on the wall, so they had to repaint there, then they got some of the wall paint on the ceiling, and so on...
Be very careful to check the plumbing! In our house the whole hot water cold water piping was mixed up, they came back to swap pipes around at the kitchen sink, as there was no hot water, didn't cop on to it... then we had a leak after the washing machine was connected, and they noticed those pipes were the wrong way around, swapped them, still didn't realise what was wrong, another week later or so we noticed how the cisterns were all lovely and warm. Due to the toilets being flushed with hot water. Except for one. They then sent in a different plumber, who fixed it all, and swapped all the wrong things back, and also tightened one of the radiator pipes which was leaking a little... We still have one problem to be sorted though, the pipes in the ensuite are banging away whenever you run the hot water, which is probably because the hole in the floor boards isn;t big enough... so BE VERY THOROUGH when checking the plumbing, the snagger isn't neccessarily going to pick up on everything... And some things will take time to fix

Thanks for the advise Clau... will make sure to double check the plumbing.

Was out at the house on Sunday, the house itself looks alright. The surrounding grounds though are in a real mess. Really can't see it ready to live in within the 3 weeks he's told us!
Very frustrating at this stage.... so near but yet so far!

The pipes on our shower are connected the wrong way round. To get the water hotter, you need to turn the dial towards the cold end. We decided it would be more hassle than it was worth to get it sorted.
Check the shower head on the bath. Ours leaked badly, but it's a very quick fix. Also make sure you have plugs in the bath and all the basins.
Our moving in date moved from December when we bought (but one should never believe the sales agent) to March to April to June to July to August and we finally moved in in September.

Hi guys,

Has anyone heard from the foreman (Mark O'Connor) lately? I was supposed to get a call last week to talk about the snag but nothing. Called him numerous times over the last 2 days and can't get through.

Was originally told we'd be snagging in last week of Feb, it's not looking like mid-April and hopefully be in for May.

dunner said:
Hi guys,

Has anyone heard from the foreman (Mark O'Connor) lately? I was supposed to get a call last week to talk about the snag but nothing. Called him numerous times over the last 2 days and can't get through.

Was originally told we'd be snagging in last week of Feb, it's not looking like mid-April and hopefully be in for May.

Same boat......I think. The truth is that I'm left guessing. It's very frustrating not being able to get in contact with him and get some sort of firm word about it.

Just as an update for James and whoever else...

I got through to Mark O'Connor (finally). He's still spinning the same tale about the ground work needing to be finished. Said that snagging should be in 2 weeks (1st week in April) and he's try his best to get us in for Easter.
There's a house that still has scaffolding in the middle of Wendy Walsh Close. He said he wants to get the exterior finished on that & the grounds around it tidied up before opening up the road leading into the estate.

I'm taking everything with a pinch of salt but fingers crossed we'll be in for Easter and can have a Good Friday housewarming!!

I seriously think the plumbers working in Lusk Village must be suffering from a severe debilitating condition of the brain and/or body. We had leaks under sinks, a pipe leading to the shower had been drilled through and when the valve was turned on water ran down the walls of the carport. Albert is the current foreman and he was fairly quick to respond to the problem but I've had to chase him about patching up the holes they made for the repair. The main point is CHECK ALL PLUMBING BEFORE YOU SIGN. It will save you headaches later and the majority of problems on here seem to be plumbing related. Apart from that the finishing wasn't bad, a few patches of paint needed to be redone and some vents had not been painted on the external walls. Otherwise the house is great and I love the feel of the area. Just moved in and now in the thick of tiling etc, so anyone know a reasonably priced tiler who does a quality job please post, thanks

Hi,

Myself and my financée just put a deposit on a house in Lusk Village today. I read through this thread and on the whole it sounds pretty positive.

I was just wondering if there is a gym in the area? And if not does anyone know where the closest one is?

I see someone mentioned that BT broadband is available. Would you know if you can get up to 3MB speed there? I'll miss it if you can't.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back