Lusk Village/McGarrell Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi LaserLips,

I'll let you know on Wed about a closing date for our house in Wendy Walsh Close. Thats when I've been told our 1st snag will be finished.
It's been delayed before but hopefully we'll be good to go this time. ESB has been turned on in the house and the gas & plumbing were supposed to be sorted last Thursday.

Just to comment on Laserlips question about completion dates

Wendy Walsh Close & Joyce road are being built by two different sets of builders, so completion dates will probably differ.

regards
Fintan
www.HomeSnag.ie

Thanks dunner and Fintan. Our place is being built by Brimco and they're very hard to get hold of! Does anybody know who else I can contact, Mark O'Connor never answers his phone.

Does anyone know which set of builders are in charge of the Danes Court part of the Village?

Is Danes Court not finished? That's where the show houses are isnt it?

LaserLips,
Keep trying Mark O'Connor, you'll get him eventually.

Yea Danes Court does appear finished, though I was wondering which set of builders built it and whether one team are better than any others.

I've a feeling most of the houses there are sold already.

Are there many more houses popping up in Lusk?

Hi guys,
just an update. I was in the house last Friday to examine the snag list finish. Everything looks good to go, only a few minor things to clear up and Mark O'Connor says he'll take care of them no worries. Hopefully closing next Friday if there are no complications with solicitors etc.

Can't wait to get in. All this waiting around is driving us up the walls!

dunner said:
Hi guys,
just an update. I was in the house last Friday to examine the snag list finish. Everything looks good to go, only a few minor things to clear up and Mark O'Connor says he'll take care of them no worries. Hopefully closing next Friday if there are no complications with solicitors etc.

Can't wait to get in. All this waiting around is driving us up the walls!

Ditto

How's your fireplace, Dunner?

Ours looks bad enough, corrosion, rust etc...

Yeah fireplace has a bit of rusting etc. He's getting the fireplace guys back in to sand it down and treat it etc. Snagger seemed to think that was fine.

Looking through all the houses in Lusk Village in Myhome.ie, all the houses seem to have the same fireplace. Do all of these have rust and corrosion, or are the vast majority of them (from the views of this forum) fine?

I wouldn't say it's that big a deal, Sunster. They've been sat there for a few months at this stage while the houses have been finished, doors open all day, moisture changes...it looks bad enough at the moment, but it nearly comes off in your hand when you rub it.....once they're touched up I'd say they'll be fine. I don't expect any problems.

Personally I'd love an open fire. How much do you reckon it would cost to do such a conversion?

Yeah I agree with James, I dont think it's a major problem. The guys who installed the fireplace are coming back in to treat it properly so I would presume they'll do a good job. It's one of the things I'll be double checking though before I sign off on the snag completey.

Open fire would be nice alright. Sounds like alot of hassle at this stage though. Havent the faintest idea how much it would cost to convert.

Who did you call to get your fireplace treated? I'm interested in getting one of the showhouses. The agent says there's no formal snag list because it should have been snagged already

I didnt call anyone. As part of the snag the formeman said he'd organise it with the fireplace people to treat the fireplace.

If your buying a showhouse you wont need to get the fireplace treated. It'll already be done.

Think people are making a big deal out of the fireplace thing when it isnt really a problem. It's something that's bound to happen with metal and moisture etc. Just needs to be treated and it'll be grand.

Sunster, how much are the show houses going for? Which one are you looking at?

They're going for over 400k......465k for the 4 bed.I'm aware this is a hell of alot more than what the houses were selling for earlier this year or previous years....I think the first phase of the 4 beds were about 280k?

In the first phase, the 3 beds were going for up to €225K, so 280K sounds about right for a 4 bed. I'm not sure it was even as much as that.

Our fire place was quite badly rusted when we did the snag list. I don't know what was done to it, or who did it, but it was sorted out easily enough.

Unless they've changed how the fireplaces are done, there's not much to it. Remove the pipe coming in at the bottom of the fireplace, and buy yourself a grate.

My 3 bed end of terrace was 310k last October.... went up to approx 360k last Jan/Feb and is now at approx 410k.

Unbelievable how much they've gone up in the last 8 months alone... pure madness.

Do you think this is a reflection of Lusk becoming a new up and coming commuter town? Why do you think the appreciation has been so great? Will this continue? I see there are a few second hand houses there for sale now....wonder where they are going?

Havent got the foggiest about future prices mate. I'm a tad worried at the speed of the rise though... doesnt really make sense.
The houses are nice but they're not THAT nice! Very limited amount of amenities in Lusk aswell. That'll change though I'm sure.

Think the appeal is the closeness to the train to town along with the country feel (green fields, open spaces etc).

Best of luck with ur decision anyway. Is it one of the showhouses in Danes Court you're looking at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back