Lusk Village/McGarrell Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or ALSAA at Dublin Airport. They are advertising for new members at the moment . The facilities are good.

Rgds
Billo

Hi busybee, I pm'd you about this but just in case you didn't get it. Yeah I live in a type-f house. What would you like to know?
busybee said:
Hi

Have just been reading the entries on housing in lusk village - just wanted to know if any of you have type f (the one with the car port)?

I only realised today that the house I have put a booking down for has apartments directly behind it. The house is on Joyce Road.

Would anyone know who big the apartment block is? Would they be very intrusive? I'm worried that they might block a lot of the light.

The apartments are three-storeys high. Don't think they'd affect you too much because they have quite a bit of parking space at the back facing on to yor street but be sure and check

rhagan said:
The apartments are three-storeys high. Don't think they'd affect you too much because they have quite a bit of parking space at the back facing on to yor street but be sure and check
Thanks for the reply.

Managed to get hold of the foreman the other day. Latest (for my one at least), is that he'll be ringing back before Easter, which is next week, so we can organise a date for the snaglist. He then it would only take a few days to sort out any issues arising from that, and so early May looks probable.

I talked to him yesterday James. We're snagging next Thursday at 2pm.
I wouldnt believe him when he says he'll ring you back. Just keep ringing him and tell him you need to get into the house ASAP. He seems a nice chap but you really do have to keep on at him in order for you to stick out in his mind.

He's brought our final paint job forward a week as a result of me hassling him.
We should be in for end of April please God.

Oh and on a side note, there's additonal car parking spaces opening at the Rush/Lusk train station on the 10th April. Not sure how many there are but hopefully it'll be a good few and the place won't be jammers by 7.30 anymore.

Good luck.
Dunner

dunner said:
Oh and on a side note, there's additonal car parking spaces opening at the Rush/Lusk train station on the 10th April. Not sure how many there are but hopefully it'll be a good few and the place won't be jammers by 7.30 anymore.
I was told that there would be 65 new spaces opening up.

The plan posted in the station shows 50 extra spaces. Even with the new car park opened, the proper parking was all gone by 8:00 this morning, with a good few cars parked down the middle in the car park on the Rush side. I suspect that by the end of the week, it will be completely full again by 7:30.

Just an update on the Snag. Did ours last Thursday. The guy we got in (from homesnag.ie) said that he's very happy with the house. The standard of the finish has improved greatly from previous houses he's snagged there. Presumably this is down the the new foreman. He said there are no major issues at all, thank God.

He'll have the snag list done up for me this weekend and i'll be giving it to the foreman tomorrow (Tuesday). Builders are back on site on the 24th so hopefully if things progress quickly we'll be in by mid-March. Only 2 months late!

Cheers
Dunner

Good stuff Dunner. I'll be getting a homesnag.ie surveyor as well. My snag will be next Wednesday, hopefully it'll go as well as yours....nothing to worry about on your house so?

It might be worth your while to print out this thread, highlight the things that have been mentioned about snags that have been found, and take it with you when you do your snag list. If you can, try to get a look at the relevant showhouse to see the finish in there so that you have an idea of what you should expect, e.g. is the hot press painted in the show house?

The main issues on my snag were:
- plaster work needing to be caulked between window frame and wall
- window sills to be painted outside
- glass to be cleaned to check for stratches
- door saddle to be sanded and varnished
- minor damage spots on raditator to be fixed
- keys in all doors missing
- rusting on fireplace to be treated
- door stops missing
- no quick-lock on bathrooms
- pump in hot press to be on rubber matting
- pipes in hot press to be lagged & values to be labelled
- insulation on attic door
- lid to be fitted on water tank

Also, when the snag was done there was no electics or running water. These will be snagged as part of the 2nd snag visit.

Also, the exterior around the house is still in a bit of a state so again that'll be done on the 2nd snag.

Overall, the snagger (if that's a word!) said that the finish was excellent, plastering, painting etc was top-notch.

Let me know if anyone else has found anything different from the above!

Cheers
Dunner

From my experience, you'll wait a long time for the pipes in the hot press to be lagged or tagged.

Other issues we had that you don't have listed were
- windows not closing properly
- internal doors not closing properly
- missing bath plug and chain
- large chips in outside window-sills
- the stairwell needed repainting
- hot press not painted inside
- our paint quality was very poor. It looked like we had a single coat of watered-down paint.

That's what I can remember off the top of my head. It was over two years ago.

The guy that done my snag said he'd done a couple of houses a few years back in LV and they were in a much worse state then mine. Things seemed to have changed either because of the foreman or because they've got different contractors in.

Either way, i'll make sure I check for everything on your list Seagull.

Cheers
Dunner

I think I've still got the original snag list at home. I can hunt it out and see if there's anything major I've left out.

I'm just going to mention items I think significant that haven't already been mentioned. It was a fairly detailed report, and I wound up with 5 pages worth of snags.

- If you have a roof at your front door, check the flashing around it, and also check the roofing felt on it
- Check how the fencing is supported where it meets the wall. In or case, it was held up by the drainpipe.
- Have a look at the painting under the sliding doors
- Open all the cupboards in both the kitchen and the bedrooms and make sure you have all the shelves in place, and that there is no damage. There was a large chunk pulled out of the inside of the unit for the fridge/freezer. Cupboards are also an excellent place for dumping junk.
- Check that the cupboard doors have been fitted correctly and are level and square.
- Check the grids are in place on the sides of the chimney of your extractor hood.
- Check the painting above the kitchen cupboards, and also under the kitchen counters. Either take a ladder or stand on the kitchen counter so you can see what the walls above the cupboards look like.
- Check the skirting in all the bathrooms.
- Check the finish in the hot press. Look behind the boiler to make sure it's not full of junk/rubble. Also check the finish on the plaster board around all pipes.
- Check all the light fittings are in place. We still had a number of bare wires coming out the ceiling. The electrical 2nd fix hadn't been completed.
- Check the seal around the shower tray.
- Check that the taps are properly fixed in place and don't drip

Hi all,
I am new to this board and have been reading with great interest your views on Lusk Village as we are moving in there shortly and are looking to Snag next week. I have sent a request to Homesnag.ie as I see they come well recommended from this board so many thanks to you all for your help! My question would be how long in general has it taken people to get the snag items seen too? Are the builders generally well receptive of the list etc? This is all very new to me so am very appreciative of previous poster's experiences/advice etc!

Hi MJThomps,
Welcome to LV!

We done our snag the Thurs before Easter. The builders were off the week after Easter so last Monday was the first time they would have been doing anything on the snag.
I called the foreman on Tues and he said they'd be looking at the snag either yesterday or today and he was confident it should take no more than 2 days to complete everything on it.
Said that we should be looking at a 2nd snag next week sometime.
He has to arrange for the ESB, Gas and plumbing to be turned on before he can let us back in.

I'll take his time frames with a pinch of salt though, he's not the most reliable at sticking to them. Still, I'm hopeful of getting the 2nd snag in before the 2nd week in May and, presuming that theres nothing major on it, we should hopefully get a closing date by mid-May.

I'm not sure how receptive he is to whats on the list as I havent gone through it with him yet. He said he'd be giving me a call tomorrow some time. I'll let you know what he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back