Key Post: Where would I find cheap dvds and cds?

Re: Another one....

> They are based in Spain but have an English menu for CDs; if you want the prices in euro switch to the French menu;

PMU - are you sure that ordering from the French/€ site is necessarily better or is that what you meant? The EU delivery charge from France is €12.99 for 1-4 items

[broken link removed]

whereas from the UK site it's GBP£2!

[broken link removed]

Re: Another one....

Unregistered user: You are correct. I’ve just done a quick calculation and when you take into account the lower postage from the UK it makes sense to order CDs from their UK site, especially if you are buying multiple CDs. Oh well, live and learn, etc.

>>Where would I find cheap dvds and cds?

Fair enough. Thanks for replying. I just got a fright when I saw the € delivery charges! :eek

CDWOW......

The latest cheapest version....

[broken link removed]

The Norwegian version.

Just bought a box set that is 45.99 on the irish site for 39.20 on the norwegian site. CD's work out 11.88 euro versus 13.95.

Latest DVD Good Deals

For those of you who were disappointed in missing The Godfather Trilogy, you can get it here (the cheapest of the cdwow sites), [broken link removed].

Monty Python Movie Box Set for €23.77 delivery included

Lord of the Rings Trilogy (6 dvds) for [broken link removed]

Gerry,

What site do you look up to get the cheapest DVDs?

I'm looking for the Soprano's series - all of them at the best price.

Junior

Sopranos

Season 1 [broken link removed]
Season 2 [broken link removed] €23.21 (postage €5.82) region 2 & 4
Season 3 [broken link removed] €23.21 (postage €5.82) region 4
Season 4 [broken link removed] €23.21 (postage €5.82 ) region 2 & 4

You may have problems with the cdwow ones because they are over 26 odd euro. I seem to recall that there could be Custom issues whereas I reckon you would be okay with the Australian ones which are reduced in price because they do not charge Australian Government Sales Tax. It seems 2 of the boxsets in OZ are region 2 & 4 but the 3rd one is region 4 only.

BTW I know someone who bought copies in middle east and paid MORE than the originals cost and one of the Boxsets did not work and others jumped intermittently. Buy originals.

CDwow

Can anyone please tell me why there are different cdwow websites ? And different prices ?

Re: CDwow

Monty Python Movie Box Set for €23.77 delivery included

Hope you snapped it while it was available as it is now £28 plus postage.

The lesson is get it while you can.

Can anyone please tell me why there are different cdwow websites ? And different prices ?

I suppose they market each site to the individual market and maybe they charge what they think they can get. I do find the German one is one of the most expensive regularly. The Hong Kong version used to be by far the cheapest but after representations from Irish music Industry (see other posts) cdwow.ie and hk all had to stop importing grey imports into Ireland. Prices went up.

There are discount links around if you keep your eyes open mainly for the .com site and this makes .com great value.

The new Norwegian site probaly has slightly cheaper prices not only because it is new but also because of currency fluctuations I would imagine.

Monty Python Box Set

Just snapped this up today for €34.95 at the Golden Discs discount shop in the ILAC Centre.

Re: Monty Python Box Set

oh sugar... just clicked on t he link to Amazon and it is £13.97 and reckon delivery charge will be about £2. Si this equates to about ¤24, just as Gerry said. I misread the price on the Amazon website thinking the higher amount was the price , where it is actually the amount it is reduced by.
live and learn. Had to use my golden disc voucher anyway...

dvds

I have a sneaking feeling that a lot of the good deals are available around weekends and they go sometime Monday as it has happened a couple of times. Unless 10 people in my office buying the Godfather depleted the stock.

anamorphic DVD

I'd like to buy some DVDs but it looks like the dear ones online are anamorphic. I read a bit about it but I am still unclear.

If i bought a DVD that wasn't anamorphic would it work properly in a widesrcreen TV when I get around to buying one.
I have a 25" regular at the moment.

I don't want to spend a lot of money now on DVDs if they won't be able to be used in a couple of years.

Would it be better to pay more now and buy the anamorphic or does it matter? Secondly, in case I win the lotto do you need anamorphic for a plasma TV.

Thanks for any help

CD , DVD'S

Ballbriggan market , on a Sunday , you get 5 for €20.
All new releases , movies appear weeks before they hit the cinemas and the quality is excellent , some are just as good as the original.

Re: Christmas Presents

Anyone bought from loaded247.co.uk ?

I ordered 2 DVDs from them a while back and while the first one arrived after about a week or so, the second one still hasn't arrived after about a month.

They haven't charged me for the second one, and the delivery docket for the first one showed the second one on back order.

I have since seen the same DVD on offer on the website, but at a higher price.

I sent them an email about a week ago, but no response.

Anyone had any good/bad experiences with them ?

z

Best DVD website.....

Return of the Ring Extended for £15.49.
A cdwow link that gives £0.75 off all purchases.

Reckon we could replace 90% of this thread with a link to [broken link removed]

The site is full of geeks (meant in the nicest possible way ) who trawl the internet for bargains so they can sell them at a profit on ebay.

loaded

Yes zag i have ordered from them and had no difficulties. They don't charge until dispatched i found. The stock has probably gone and they are awaiting a new order. Sites would usually send an email to say order is cancelled if it is not forthcoming. If the order is still up at pending it should still come and at the lower, originally quoted price.

The same thing has happened with Cdwow and Amazon.

PS - I dont buy forgeries - (1) I buy I watch and I sell on the ones I don't want to keep at face or near face value to a friend who does the same thing and so on. The thing is there are 5 of us who do this and whereas i do all the buying, we all share the cost. We all have kids and dont get to cinema often and this is far more cost effective way of dvd renting !

Back