How to remove service warning indicators (thanks to mondeoman)

Re: removal of spanner symbol on dashboard of renault megane cabrio

Hi Mondeoman.

Have a 2005 Renault Scenic, just got it serviced at 58000, not with renault, and followed the instructions here, next service interval coming up at 30000, should be 10000, anything I can do to change that.

Thanks a mill

2005 Renault Scenic 2 instructions are

1. switch ignition 'ON'

2. Repeatedly press the button on the RH stalk until the 'Spanner' symbol flashes & the distance remaining to the next service appears in the odometer display.

3. press & hold button for approx 10 secs until the new service interval is displayed.

4.Release button.

5. Switch ignition 'OFF'

I hope this works for you.

Hi Mondeoman
Fantastic thread. Hope that you can help... I need to remove the spanner from the dashboard display, the car has been serviced, but only at a local garage. My car is a 54 plate Smart Fooofor. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi Mondeoman
Fantastic thread. Hope that you can help... I need to remove the spanner from the dashboard display, the car has been serviced, but only at a local garage. My car is a 54 plate Smart Fooofor. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi Mangoila75, 54 plate = 2004?

Try this.

1. Switch ignition 'ON' & immediately press button up on dash cluster housing twice.

2. switch ignition 'OFF'

3.press & hold this button again while switching ignition 'ON',After 10 secs the new service interval will appear in the display.

4. Release button.

5. Switch ignition 'OFF'

Mondeoman
You are a genious, worked first time, thaanks very much for your help! ;)

hi mondeoman,
fantastic thread, how do u get rid of airbag warning light on 00 alfa 1.8 t spark, hope u can help, ta

hi,

on the dash of your Audi there are 3 buttons under the fuel gauge,from left to right the 1st one just forget about & the other 2 we will call 'A' & 'B' (B =closest to fuel gauge).

1.press & hold button 'A'

2.switch ignition 'ON'

3.release button 'A'

4,the words 'SERVICE' or 'Service in xxxx MI' will appear in the trip recorder display.
5,now press button 'B' until the display clears & is replaced with the new service interval or 'SERVICE'

6.switch ignition 'OFF'

lets know how you get on please.

Hi Mondeoman,
Brilliant info on this thread.....
I tried the above to remove the service indication from my 2003 Audi A4 1.8T and it worked but now when I press the little spanner button (button A from above) the display reads
' Service in
---- Miles
---- days'
How can I get it to read the correct service interval again?

Hi Mondeoman,
Brilliant info on this thread.....
I tried the above to remove the service indication from my 2003 Audi A4 1.8T and it worked but now when I press the little spanner button (button A from above) the display reads
' Service in
---- Miles
---- days'
How can I get it to read the correct service interval again?

Press button 'B' (RH Button under Fuel gauge)until new display is set.

Thats all it says,hope it works for you.

I am a little confuse 2005 05 vw golf 1.9 tdi sport. I need to turn the service light of, but i dont have the time stick refered to, just tripometer button on right dash side, and hours and minutes buttons on left dash side, along with right hand steering colum lever with reset button and up down button. HELP :confused:

I am a little confuse 2005 05 vw golf 1.9 tdi sport. I need to turn the service light of, but i dont have the time stick refered to, just tripometer button on right dash side, and hours and minutes buttons on left dash side, along with right hand steering colum lever with reset button and up down button. HELP :confused:

this is how to remove service warning symbol for ALL VW golfs from 2005 (all engines).?? sorry

1. press & hold the RH trip stalk(in dash display)

2. Switch ignition 'ON'

3. the Word 'SERVICE' will appear in the trip recorder display

4. Release RH trip button

5 turn the other trip stalk (LH one) to the right to reset the display

6. switch ignition 'OFF';)

hi wondering if you can help me as I've tried the tips given already and nothing worked.

I've got a 2004 Polo which has longlife servicing. however when I first got it from new the service interval light came on around 11500 miles. took it to my local vw garage where i bought it - they said as it's longlife servicing it doesn't need a service and they reset the indicator for me.

Took the car in at 18000 miles as advised and had it serviced - service interval indicator wasn't reset at that time probably as it wasn't flashing, and sure enough at around 24000 miles it went off again. So despite my car having longlife servicing the service interval indicator seems to be set to go off pretty much every 12000 miles.

I'm really hacked off at the idea of having to traipse to my local vw garage to have it reset every 12000 miles (though they don't charge to do it) and if i can do it myself that'd be really handy, especially since it appears to be of zero use to me anyway.

I used the advice given to someone else about holding trip button, insert key and turn ignition on, turn off and remove key then release button but absolutely nothing happened and next time i turned the car on the spanner flashed again. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?? a few places i looked at said the vw gaarge have a computer thing that plugs in to reset it but when the guy reset it for me last time i don't remember him plugging anything into the car's computer or anything??

hi wondering if you can help me as I've tried the tips given already and nothing worked.

I've got a 2004 Polo which has longlife servicing. however when I first got it from new the service interval light came on around 11500 miles. took it to my local vw garage where i bought it - they said as it's longlife servicing it doesn't need a service and they reset the indicator for me.

Took the car in at 18000 miles as advised and had it serviced - service interval indicator wasn't reset at that time probably as it wasn't flashing, and sure enough at around 24000 miles it went off again. So despite my car having longlife servicing the service interval indicator seems to be set to go off pretty much every 12000 miles.

I'm really hacked off at the idea of having to traipse to my local vw garage to have it reset every 12000 miles (though they don't charge to do it) and if i can do it myself that'd be really handy, especially since it appears to be of zero use to me anyway.

I used the advice given to someone else about holding trip button, insert key and turn ignition on, turn off and remove key then release button but absolutely nothing happened and next time i turned the car on the spanner flashed again. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?? a few places i looked at said the vw gaarge have a computer thing that plugs in to reset it but when the guy reset it for me last time i don't remember him plugging anything into the car's computer or anything??

Try This,

1 .press & hold the trip stalk(RH side of dash cluster)

2. Switch Ignition 'ON'

3. Service message or Symbol is displayed.

4. Release Trip Stalk.

5. Turn stalk to the RIGHT untill all counters are reset.

6. Switch Ignition 'OFF'

This should work.

best of luck.

These are the instructions for a 2004 Renault Megane.
1. switch ignition 'ON'

2. press buttton on the end of wiper stalk (RH) until the 'spanner' symbol flashes & the distance remaining to next service appears in the odometer display.

3. press & hold the trip stalk(in dash cluster)for aproxx 10secs untill new service interval is displayed.

4 .release trip stalk(in dash)

5. Switch ignition 'OFF'

This should work -i tryed it myself on a luguna 2 recently & it worked a treat.;)

Mondeoman, Should the above method work for a 04 laguna Mirage as well??

mondy,
Do I clear the INSP message the same way as the 01 Corsa, I have a
Opel Zafira type B ..05 onwards..new model ? Thanks

How do I clear an 06 Opel Zafira service indicator?
(I'm afraid i don't know how to clear an 01 Corsa!)

Hi, mondeoman, thanx for the more-than-useful thread. I have a 1995 Audi A4 1.8 T(B5) and tried to clear the "OIL" warning using your solution in post #12 (for a 1999 Audi), but it didn't work for me. Could there be some differences, or am i doing something wrong? Thanks a lot for all your help....

Hi, mondeoman, thanx for the more-than-useful thread. I have a 1995 Audi A4 1.8 T(B5) and tried to clear the "OIL" warning using your solution in post #12 (for a 1999 Audi), but it didn't work for me. Could there be some differences, or am i doing something wrong? Thanks a lot for all your help....

according to Autodata -1995 (94-01)Audi a4 (all models)spanner Etc can only be removed using suitable diagnostic equipment:(

Sorry.

Back