How to remove service warning indicators (thanks to mondeoman)

FYI Mondeoman - Got one of the guys in office to try and hey presto - it works!
:D v happy MrsBell

Mondeoman

What about a 01 VW Golf 1.4 petrol ?

No problem m8,

1. press & hold the RH trip stalk(in dash display)

2. Switch ignition 'ON'

3. the Word 'SERVICE' will appear in the trip recorder display

4. Release RH trip button

5 turn the other trip stalk (LH one) to the right to reset the display

6. switch ignition 'OFF';)

Hi,
Looking for the service reset sequence for 2001 Audi A6 1.8T petrol, if it exists. Best thread on AAM!

Hi,
Looking for the service reset sequence for 2001 Audi A6 1.8T petrol, if it exists. Best thread on AAM!

Hi M8,

2001 Audi A6 1.8T

1. Press & hold the 'RH' trip stalk(in dash cluster)

2. switch ignition 'ON'

3.the words 'SERVICE' or 'SERVICE IN xxxx MI' will appear in the trip recorder display

4. Release 'RH' trip stalk.

5. Press the 'LH' stalk this time to reset the display.

6. The words 'SERVICE IN 10'000 MI' will apear in the display.

7. Switch ignition 'OFF':)

This is for cars with a fixed interval servicing -not long life.

Have a 2002 BMW 325Ci...any idea on how to remove the "Service Engine Soon" light from the dash?

Thanx!
Sun

Have a 2002 BMW 325Ci...any idea on how to remove the "Service Engine Soon" light from the dash?

Thanx!
Sun

try this .

Hi ,Try this M8.

1,Switch ignition 'OFF'

2,press & hold LH trip button(beside fuel gauge)

3,turn ignition key to position '1'

4,after 5 secs the words 'oil service' or 'Inspection' are shown together with the message 'Reset' or 'RE'

5,Release trip button,then press & hold it again,after a further 5 seconds the message 'RESET' starts to flash.

6,Release trip, then press & release trip button again,

7,The new service interval is now displayed.

8,press & hold trip for 5seconds,the time based inspection is now displayed together with the message 'RESET' or 'RE'

9,release trip then press & hold it again,after 5 seconds the message 'reset' starts to flash

10,release trip button,then press & release it again

11.the new service interval is now displayed

12,press & release trip,the message 'END SIA' is now displayed.

13,Switch ignition 'OFF'

This thread's deadly.

Mondeoman

Any idea how to remove the engine warning light on a 2004 Audi A4 1.8T?

It comes on every couple of months. Same ol story. I bring it to a main dealer, they say it's nothing, just reset it and charge me for the priv.

Thanks in advance

This thread's deadly.

Mondeoman

Any idea how to remove the engine warning light on a 2004 Audi A4 1.8T?

It comes on every couple of months. Same ol story. I bring it to a main dealer, they say it's nothing, just reset it and charge me for the priv.

Thanks in advance

hi,

on the dash of your Audi there are 3 buttons under the fuel gauge,from left to right the 1st one just forget about & the other 2 we will call 'A' & 'B' (B =closest to fuel gauge).

1.press & hold button 'A'

2.switch ignition 'ON'

3.release button 'A'

4,the words 'SERVICE' or 'Service in xxxx MI' will appear in the trip recorder display.
5,now press button 'B' until the display clears & is replaced with the new service interval or 'SERVICE'

6.switch ignition 'OFF'

lets know how you get on please.

Hi Mondeoman

Thanks for your reply.

Your suggestion has reset the service interval alright but it's the engine warning light that I looking to switch off.

As I mentioned, if I thought there was a genuine problem with it, I'd bring it to a main dealer but every time I do they say it just need to be reset and they charge for doing so.

Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Tks
S

Hi Mondeoman

Thanks for your reply.

Your suggestion has reset the service interval alright but it's the engine warning light that I looking to switch off.

As I mentioned, if I thought there was a genuine problem with it, I'd bring it to a main dealer but every time I do they say it just need to be reset and they charge for doing so.

Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Tks
S

Hi,
sorry i read the post wrong.
engine warning lights are normally only removed using suitable diagnostic equipment connected to the data link connector(under steering column).

Hi,
sorry i read the post wrong.
engine warning lights are normally only removed using suitable diagnostic equipment connected to the data link connector(under steering column).

Ah well. Worth a shot. Thanks anyway.:)

Re Setting Service Light (Indicator)on Nissan Qashqai

I have a Nissan Qashqai which is nearing its first service, on these Cars the service light counts back from the service intervil to zero, then after service it needs to be re set.

First service on it is only Oil and Filter Change and Air Filter Change , which I will do myself as Main Dealer wants 170 euro + VAT for this and of course to re set the service light.

Does anybody know how to re set this, or is there a Web Site available to assist

Mondeo man could you assist on this I wasnt aware of this thread until my post was moved to it, i would be greatful if you could

Fantastic thread Mondeoman
I need to get rid of the service light on a vw golf 2005 1.4 petrol
Any ideas ?
Pablo

Back