How to remove service warning indicators (thanks to mondeoman)

Any advice for a Hyundai Accent with the check engine light on constantly? Brought to my mechanic says on computer nothing wrong.
Im Baffled!

Hi Mondeoman,

Just bought a 2005 Audi A4. How do I reset this?
Many thanks

hi,

on the dash of your Audi there are 3 buttons under the fuel gauge,from left to right the 1st one just forget about & the other 2 we will call 'A' & 'B' (B =closest to fuel gauge).

1.press & hold button 'A'

2.switch ignition 'ON'

3.release button 'A'

4,the words 'SERVICE' or 'Service in xxxx MI' will appear in the trip recorder display.
5,now press button 'B' until the display clears & is replaced with the new service interval or 'SERVICE'

6.switch ignition 'OFF'

Thanks Mondeoman, the passat/golf instructions also work on a 98 Skoda!

same instructions i gave for Golf/polo;)

Hi Mondeoman,

Thanks for the help, I have tried this but can't get it to work, I have a SE 2000 Passat, it has a trip computer with "Trip a" and "Trip b" mpg etc.... the buttons are on the windscreen stem, there is a button can be pushed on either side and then there is a reset button underneath.

Can you give me anymore help?

Hi Mondeoman,

Thanks for the help, I have tried this but can't get it to work, I have a SE 2000 Passat, it has a trip computer with "Trip a" and "Trip b" mpg etc.... the buttons are on the windscreen stem, there is a button can be pushed on either side and then there is a reset button underneath.

Can you give me anymore help?

Heres the instructions for all passats from year 2000(petrol + Diesel)

1, press & hold the RH trip stalk(in dash cluster)

2,switch ignition 'ON'

3, the word 'SERVICE' will appear in the trip recorder display.

4,Release the RH stalk.

5,now turn the LH stalk to the right to reset the display(beside rev counter).

this should work for you.

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to turn off the airbag warning light for a Nissan Almera 04. The car has been idle for a couple of months so if I can do it myself it would save me going to a mechanic to turn it off.

Thanks in advance,
AM

hi mondeo man,
its the OP here....
changed my car to a peugeot 307sw 1.6 diesel
is the procedure the same for the diesel as for the 2005 peugeot 307SW petrol 1.6?
thanks in advance
Dawnsurprise

hi mondeo man,
its the OP here....
changed my car to a peugeot 307sw 1.6 diesel
is the procedure the same for the diesel as for the 2005 peugeot 307SW petrol 1.6?
thanks in advance
Dawnsurprise

Hi Dawnsuprise,

try this for 307 1.6 hdi

1. Switch ignition 'OFF'

2. Press & hold the button on the RH side of dash cluster(beside speedo)

3. Switch ignition 'ON'

4. Keep button pressed for 10 secs

5. Display will now read '0' & 'Spanner' symbol will go out.

Digital outside temperature display at any one time can range from -5C to +10c in a matter of minutes particularly in the winter! Is there anyway to reset this on a Renault Laguna or is the sensor dirty or on the way out ?

Re: removal of spanner symbol on dashboard of renault megane cabrio

1-switch ignition ON (lights)
2-press button on end of stalk(RH)until spanner symbol flashes & distance remaining to next service appears in the odometer display.
3-press & hold the little stalk on dash display(trip reset) for 10 secs until new service interval is displayed.let go of stalk.
4 turn ignition off.
this is for megane 2 2003 onwards as you never said what year yours was.

Hi Mondeoman.

Have a 2005 Renault Scenic, just got it serviced at 58000, not with renault, and followed the instructions here, next service interval coming up at 30000, should be 10000, anything I can do to change that.

Thanks a mill

Back