Good news guys..

For Gods sake - go out and hire a sense of humour!

Is b**stard a profanity ?, last time I checked it meant someone born out wedlock.

Disappointing but not surprising use of language.
Of a dinosaur age and offensive to those "born out of wedlock".

Lighten up !

I never realised that people could be so thin skinned.

Try living in the real world , if you considered my language profane I strongly suggest that you never leave the house again or watch tv as I suspect the shock may kill you.

In the real world using words such as you have done to label those "born out of wedlock" is unacceptable. Obviously not in your world though ,surprise.. surprise...

By the way why did you put asterix in place of letters if you thought it was acceptable?

In the real world using words such as you have done to label those "born out of wedlock" is unacceptable. Obviously not in your world though ,surprise.. surprise...

By the way why did you put asterix in place of letters if you thought it was acceptable?

You are totally taking my quotation of a much used phrase totally out of context for your own ends .

Setting yourself up as an arbitrer of what is acceptable in posts is not your function.

If you have issues take it up with the moderator.

Knowing that you are like a dog with a bone when your sensibilities have been offended this is my last post on this subject

You are totally taking my quotation of a much used phrase totally out of context for your own ends .

Setting yourself up as an arbitrer of what is acceptable in posts is not your function.

If you have issues take it up with the moderator.

Knowing that you are like a dog with a bone when your sensibilities have been offended this is my last post on this subject[/QUOTE]Originally Posted by Deiseblue

Is b**stard a profanity ?, last time I checked it meant someone born out wedlock.

Draw your own conclusions folks..

I started this thread to talk about good news,once again,someone tries to monopolise with their own agenda.

The word you use to describe people "born out of wedlock" is not a "much used phrase" in my circle..thankfully...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Deiseblue

Draw your own conclusions folks..

I started this thread to talk about good news,once again,someone tries to monopolise with their own agenda.

The word you use to describe people "born out of wedlock" is not a "much used phrase" in my circle..thankfully...

I would conclude that although good news is the order of the day, people can't let go of certain issues that rankle with them. This tit for tat posting that nit picks at each others choice of words in order to win an argument is futile but we all engage in it from time to time.
I think the way people write their posts can make them seem a little stuffy even if that is not how they are out here in the real world.

Good news: I've completed a year in an honest job (but I'm hanging to get back to peddling property).

Golf last night in glorious sunshine and think (hope) I have sorted my swing (again).

Mrs B won two free premium tickets to the Taste of Dublin Festival this weekend with €20 worth of florins to spend each....

I am approaching, ehem, the half century and saw my first ever live Hedgehog in the garden. What a fantastic little creature - made my year! :)

the world cup starts today oh joy of joys i will look forward to the giles and dunphy confrontations on the tele

Mario rosenstock is doing his special one skits for itv or bbc cant remember which one, seen them on setanta before they were good. apres match i think has faded over the years, still some laughs in it but not as strong as before. i think when the done the last world cup (could have been the euros) they would do it live after the match and you could tell that the lines had just been made up and didnt really work tbh

Mario rosenstock is doing his special one skits for itv or bbc cant remember which one, seen them on setanta before they were good. apres match i think has faded over the years, still some laughs in it but not as strong as before. i think when the done the last world cup (could have been the euros) they would do it live after the match and you could tell that the lines had just been made up and didnt really work tbh

A bad Apres Match sketch would always be my choice over watching anything involving ITV Sport :D ! Unless you're into car crashes ;) ?

This tit for tat posting

I say! That's just filth! MODS!

The good news is, that generally speaking, even when there is good news there's always something to have a moan about as demonstrated right here. Or even better good news is that in a few years we could have A Taoiseach Eamon Gilmore and President Bertie Ahern. Now we really will have something to groan about then.

Back