Good news guys..

Reality is they are entitled to this service and those who provide it are supposed to provide it, not only when and if it suits them.
They are actually paid to do it!!

If services of this nature are not being provided, it's not because the people providing them are sitting on their hands as an alternative. Resources allocated to these services are always prone to cuts in tight fiscal circumstances and if services are restricted as a consequence, it's not the fault of those who deliver them. Were you brave enough to remind them they were only doing their job at the time your mother was being helped?

No, didn't think so.

I thought this was supposed to be a good news thread.

There are lots of 'let's have a rant' threads. This is not supposed to be one of them.

Homer

If services of this nature are not being provided, it's not because the people providing them are sitting on their hands as an alternative.Resources allocated to these services are always prone to cuts in tight fiscal circumstances and if services are restricted as a consequence, it's not the fault of those who deliver them.Were you brave enough to remind them they were only doing their job at the time your mother was being helped?

No, didn't think so.

Oh were you there?? Because I wasn't..

Would I have to be "brave " to ask someone to carry out their duties?:mad:

All I can say folks ,is "theres always one"!:rolleyes:

Staples,may I suggest you let off your steam somewhere else...this thread is about good news,if you want to continue moaning about some percieved wrong ,well good luck to you,start your own thread,and leave the rest of us in peace.

I thought this was supposed to be a good news thread.

There are lots of 'let's have a rant' threads. This is not supposed to be one of them.

Homer

Exactly,however some people do not get it,even though its staring them in the face..now wheres the MODS...

My good news is I'm off work on Friday and throwing a party on Saturday for my boyfriend's birthday. So a long weekend of friends, celebrating, helium balloons, tasty food, drink and cake to look forward to :)

Ive been trying to potty-train my 2 year old. All the books go on about encouraging and praising when she does something right or that you want to enforce. Well last night she sat her teddy on the potty and she started cheering, whooping and jumping around. It really made me laugh. Clearly Im overdoing the positive re-inforcement.

My funny 2 year old is my good news everyday.

ive been trying to potty-train my 2 year old. All the books go on about encouraging and praising when she does something right or that you want to enforce. Well last night she sat her teddy on the potty and she started cheering, whooping and jumping around. It really made me laugh. Clearly im overdoing the positive re-inforcement.

My funny 2 year old is my good news everyday.

lol!

Our first (20 months) is all huggy at the moment. When I am putting her to bed she latches on to me and burries her head in my neck/shoulder and it's soo nice.

this thread is about good news,

It'd be good news if you actually developed an informed opinion on the delivery of public services instead of just ranting to suit your own agenda.

On the other hand, if it makes you happy......

Those of us who can read the title of this post will continue to post our good news..oh waitaminute...maybe, just maybe thats the issue..some people hate when others have fun..or have good things happening in their lives..they just don't want to hear/read about it.Whats that called now....
There IS always one...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
My 3 year old has her playschool sports day tomorrow, she was practising and practising her egg and spoon race at home for an hour last night and had me walking around the kitchen with a clove of garlic on a spoon with her. Worth it for the big "huggie and kissie" I got afterwards. And, if all goes to plan, she'll have a little sister or brother just after Christmas. Throw in a bonus at work (yes, they seem to be back happening again) and it's been a good week so far

So I'm in a good mood and damm the naysayers !!

Wow..that all sounds so great..brought a smile to my face.:),
The "huggie and kissie",so cute.And does remind us of those precious moments in our lives.

Those of us who can read the title of this post will continue to post our good news..oh waitaminute...maybe, just maybe thats the issue..some people hate when others have fun..or have good things happening in their lives..they just don't want to hear/read about it.Whats that called now....
There IS always one...:rolleyes:

Sorry, I forgot that not just grown-ups use the internet. Won't happen again.

Mpsox said:
Throw in a bonus at work (yes, they seem to be back happening again)

That's wonderful news. What part of the public sector do you work in? Just general area. Not looking for your specific job.

Marion

We won our championship by a point and i got the winning score. Junior C football all the way....

Back