Good news guys..

thedaras

How about a good news thread??

My mum( recently diagnosed with Parkinsons) was collected from her house today by minibus and brought to the hospital.

When there she saw a nutritionist, a doctor and a physiotherapist.

She was also given a sit down four course meal, and sandwich's and tea later in the day,and was then driven home again.
All compliments of the taxpayer.

She was delighted with the service ,so in this time of "economic downturn",we seem to have got some things right!

Hope some of you can add to the good news....

I never said my tax could be used on that!

I got a new job...so I'm happy :D

The past 2 mornings its been warm enough to wear just shorts and a vest top cycling to and from work. Feels like Im in a foreign country :)

Its a bank holiday Friday........

+1

Doesn't take much out of the ordinary to make me happy.

Starting tomorrow; wife, music, friends, BBQ, beer. All of them, all day, in that order of importance as it happens.

(But it doesn't really matter what the order is because I'm definitely getting them all, guaranteed :D)

You'll need sunshine kind of music for the BBQ Caveat. Have to get a playlist together. Bit of the Beach Boys. Some Bob. The Pogues for later on?

She was delighted with the service ,so in this time of "economic downturn",we seem to have got some things right!

Glad to hear of your good experience with the public sector. Worth mentioning perhaps the next time they're getting a pasting on these pages.:)

You'll need sunshine kind of music for the BBQ Caveat. Have to get a playlist together. Bit of the Beach Boys. Some Bob. The Pogues for later on?

Have it sorted mate - last years 70s party playlist will do just fine. 5 cds, plenty of 'warm' classic rock, soothing funk, sunny disco etc. :)

Glad to hear of your good experience with the public sector. Worth mentioning perhaps the next time they're getting a pasting on these pages.:)

+1

Bank holiday weekend yippee so BBQ tonight & prob right through the weekend whatever the weather ( did one last sunday in the rain under big umbrella no sweat) . And on hols Wednesday for a week :D Nothin gonna stop me now .

Bank holiday weekend yippee so BBQ tonight & prob right through the weekend whatever the weather ( did one last sunday in the rain under big umbrella no sweat) . And on hols Wednesday for a week :D Nothin gonna stop me now .

Did you hear about the ash cloud next week?

Cork City Foras Co-op have managed to buy the name Cork City Football Club from the liquidator so next season in the LOI we will revert to our 'proper' name!

And we are playing tonight in The Cup and in the sunshine! Despite our previous owner we have survived and are now a fans owned club!

Cork City Foras Co-op have managed to buy the name Cork City Football Club from the liquidator so next season in the LOI we will revert to our 'proper' name!

And we are playing tonight in The Cup and in the sunshine! Despite our previous owner we have survived and are now a fans owned club!

Good news from a banker.

Now things are looking up ;)

Back