couple,early 40,s,looking for holiday ideas for October.

Hi bren1916
What advice would you have for sorrento in October, not interested in lyin on a beach but really into history and archeology have a yearning to visit that part of Italy for a long time and early October is our only chance. happy to move around if you have any advice on accommodation

I also love Spain and Portugal and the Canary Islands. Have been to Fuerteventura once and it's a tiny but beautiful island. I really love the Western part of it, there's quite a lot to see and the landscape is amazing. Can't recommend you any specific hotels there but I think you can't go wrong with a 3+ star hotel, the standard is high there.

We have travelled to Lake Constance on the German side. With Ryanair flying to Memmingen you can get there fairly easily. When there, there is both a good bus and train service along the lake and inland. Also the option of visiting Austria.

Its true that Puerto rico and los americas (in tenerife) are for the younger crowd mostly who like to drink and sunbathe and live in these built up crowded resorts.
I was tenerife last october and divided my 2 weeks up by staying in 5 different hotels..it is easy now with online booking and there and all hotels are charged by the day.
So 2 days down in los americas...Im from the country and like to observe the young crowd "enjoying" themselves and living it up and they are generally a pretty decent lot.I do the same myself if I was 18 or 21.I mean the cheap hotels around there and the cheap pubs and shows are aimed at this market.
Anyway I then move on to other hotels in other parts of the island and I do recomend the puerto Cruz area of north tenerife which has many hotels, good shopping and is a resort area also, but doesn`t really have a beach.
I also recomend going to a different place most years. That is why people who have bought an apartment in spain or wherever are always stuck to going to the same place every year.

Back