CDWOW problems ?

I ordered DVD's from CDWOW at the beginning of June.

I cancelled the order last Tuesday 7th. August as I needed the DVD's for a birthday present next week. The refund was on my credit card account yesterday, Thursday 9th. August.

Not bad service for a company with apparent problems with their suppliers. I wonder if these suppliers are under pressure from the EU, HMV, Virgin, IRMA etc not to supply CDWOW after the recent court case?

If they get their act together, I will certainly use them again as I have done for some years with no problems.

I ordered a DVD from them a few days ago and got an email the following day to say it was dispatched. Hope it comes now.

Just looking at the CDwow Website - states under new ownership - not sure if thats old news or how long its there just thought i'd post the update..

My expereience
I ordered a DVD at the end of July - for a 13th August release date. i.e. they wouldn't already have in stock. I also ordered a PC game which was already out for some time so would be in stock.

I received the game within normal timeframe - around 5 days. But for the DVD, I received several emails stating they were waiting on their suppliers to deliver (i.e. no one would give them credit). However after an extended Delay - the DVD did arrive last week.

so maybe things are back on track over there.

Paddy

I got an email from them last week saying about being under new ownership as you stated so its only recent and that they hope to be back at normal service now or very soon

I also got an email - see below

"We are absolutely delighted to announce to our members first.........a new beginning for CD WOW!

We know that lots of you have had difficulties in the past few months, and found things to be below our normal standard, and we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

CD WOW! is now under new ownership, and this means that everything is now back to normal, and even better than before. We have oodles of fantastic promotions and giveaways planned for you over the coming weeks.

In true CD WOW! fashion, as a token of our appreciation for your continued support, and to celebrate the arrival of the new sheriff in town........you will find 3 x €2 vouchers in your voucher bank.

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for all your continued support and patience.

The CD WOW! team"
[/FONT]

I am going to give CD WOW a retry. They seem to have weathered the minor storm, which they were very upfront about.

They deserve a bit of loyalty having broken the cartel we were stuck with for years when we were ripped off by prices of CD's in the high streets.

In true CD WOW! fashion, as a token of our appreciation for your continued support, and to celebrate the arrival of the new sheriff in town........you will find 3 x €2 vouchers in your voucher bank.

I got that email too. I eagerly logged onto my account to have a look at my evoucher bank. There it was - empty !! No 3 x €2 vouchers anywhere :(

I think i'll wait a while till they get their act together before buying anything from them just yet.

www.bangcd.com is the way to go

Why don't people use [broken link removed] instead - it's a brilliant , reliable and cheap service. €10.50 for chart cds is unbeatable and they always arrive separately packaged within 4-5 days of ordering. I have ordered possibly 100 cds from them over past 3 years and not one iota of a problem.

I used cdwow for a while, great at the start but over the years they let me down too often. What is the point in ordering stuff, waiting 3-4 weeks and then cancelling it. I had to do this loads of times until I copped myself on.

I got that email too. I eagerly logged onto my account to have a look at my evoucher bank. There it was - empty !! No 3 x €2 vouchers anywhere :(

I think i'll wait a while till they get their act together before buying anything from them just yet.
I got the same email but stating they were giving 3 x £1 vouchers. I logged into my account and they were there. Just make sure you are logging into the correct domain - .ie if its euro vouchers or .com if sterling vouchers.

Logged into my account using .com domain. The vouchers are there, in sterling. :)
Thanks for the suggestion, nutty nut !

I ordered a Greys anatomy box set 2 months ago and got it last week.
It is for region 2 but won't play in the dvd player...did I get the wrong one & will they change it?

I had been a loyal customer of Cd wow for the last couple of years & only started to experiance difficulties around the time of the court case. I recently recieved the voucher offer & the new ownership statement saying everything is now back to normal, so I decided I would give them another try. I pre-ordered a Cd & Dvd mid-Sept, both due for release on October 1st. Up to today I have recieved 4 email notifications of delays in recieving stock from their suppliers, the first pushing expected delivery until the 5th oct, then to the 8th Oct, next to the 15th, then yesterday I was informed of a further delay, pushing expected delivery to the 22nd Oct. I noticed both titles are still advertised on their web site, with no indication of the fact that neither title is in stock (I went through checkout procedure today, up to point of purchase with both products). I cancelled my order today & refund went through straight away, so no problems there. I suspect Cdwow are having problems securing stock due to past trading difficulties/court case etc. Both these titles are in shops locally & with any other online retailers I checked. I will be taking my buisness elsewhere from now on. I have no trust in their delivery times (not great if ordering items as gifts) & would have a concern that they might not last too much longer & I would have problems securing refunds for undelivered goods.

I've been customer for few years with CDwow with no problems. However, got e-mail yesterday asking to fill in a fun survey. It started out ok, but then wanted to know the value of my music collection, if we had house insurance and then how often we went down the pub!!!! I aborted at that stage, needless to say! Anyone else get that survey?

Back