CDWOW problems ?

I am in the same position. I've been using cd wow on a regular basis over the last few years and it's only the last six weeks that i've been having problems. I am currently waiting for 6 cds to be delivered.
They didn't notify me of any delays until I queried the order and then I got the standard reply.
It is pretty annoying when you're waiting for these things.
I might have a look at [broken link removed] and possibly cancel my cdwow orders.

The BangCD site gives a certificate error at the moment since their certificate expired earlier today.

i've ordered a cd 6/6/07, i'm still waiting on it. i've contacted cd wow several times, the only response is

Hi

Thank you for contacting us and sorry for the delay in dispatching your order.

Unfortunately, we have experienced a further delay in receiving this product from our suppliers and we are currently awaiting confirmation of when the goods will be available for dispatch.

As soon as we have this information, we will let you know by email, thank you very much for your patience - it is sincerely appreciated.

If you wish I can cancel the order and process a complete refund for you

i'm getting fed up with them at this stage. they were very reliable, not anymore.

I dont personally think there is anything wrong with this response. they have apologised for the delay and offered to give a refund. I got this email for two items i had ordered. I got the items last week. They are a great supplier so allow them this one period of disruption.

I dont personally think there is anything wrong with this response. they have apologised for the delay and offered to give a refund. I got this email for two items i had ordered. I got the items last week. They are a great supplier so allow them this one period of disruption.

well I personally think it is wrong, i have allowed this 'one' period of over 6wks and i assume it could run for another 6wks or more as cdwow themselves have no idea when the stock is available.

obviously i wanted this cd weeks ago and if i'd had of been told of a problem with orders i would not have bought it from cdwow. maybe my standards are a little bit higher than yours and if delivery delivery is, UK: 5 to 7 days (Royal Mail 1st Class Post - each item should fit through your letter box)

Rest of the World: 7 to 10 days (Priority World Post)
then i expect it within the timeframe given. i believe 2wks was long enough to allow any hiccups to be resolved.

I asked them to cancel my order after the latest e-mail informing me of a delay to my last order and refund my cc which they have promised to do.

If I hear that their problems have been resolved I would certainly use them again.

I ordered (and was charged for) a DVD about 6 weeks ago. I have not received a despatch e-mail & this morning cancelled the order.

Received an apology by mail and a refund to Mastercard.

My wife ordered (and was charged for) the Springsteen at The Point CDD/DVD combo in early June and nothing has been received.

She received an email advising they are waiting on stock and hope to despatch next week CD was released, IIRC, 04 June & ordered a few days before that.

I have been using cdwow since 2002 and there is no doubt that their service has gone down the pan in the past year. I have cancelled several orders in the past few months because of unacceptable delays. There is no problem here as they refund the credit card with no quibbles but I think they should not be taking orders which they cannot fulfill.The end result is I will NEVER buy another cd/dvd etc from cdwow.

I have been using [broken link removed] for ages now and their service and prices are second to none. Generally stuff arrives from singapore 4-5 days (!) after ordering and at €10.50 for chart cds you can't go wrong IMHO.

Sounds like it's a sourcing issue. I ordered a CD a couple of weeks back and it has been delayed. A couple of days later I ordered a few DVDs, and there was no problem with those.

I have been using cdwow since 2002 and there is no doubt that their service has gone down the pan in the past year. I have cancelled several orders in the past few months because of unacceptable delays. There is no problem here as they refund the credit card with no quibbles but I think they should not be taking orders which they cannot fulfill.The end result is I will NEVER buy another cd/dvd etc from cdwow.

I have been using [broken link removed] for ages now and their service and prices are second to none. Generally stuff arrives from singapore 4-5 days (!) after ordering and at €10.50 for chart cds you can't go wrong IMHO.

I have also switched to bangcd myself and so far so good, cannot fault their service or price

Clubman said;
By CDWOW or your CC provider?

I received an email from CDWOW customer services saying my payment would be refunded. That day, I received a further email from [email protected] stating that my payment had been refunded in full.

The next day I checked my Visa account, and the payment had indeed been refunded.

CDWOW's service has gone from bad to worse over the past 8 weeks or so. I ordered 6 items from them in that period and have received only 1 item (a DVD). I have called their help number and emailed them over a dozen times and each time I receive the same standard response from the reps manning the phones.

As a last ditch attempt to find out what was going on I emailed their customer service directors email address (Tammy Stewart) and received a from letter reply back detailing all the same excuses about stock delays, disruptions due to the fire and how business is slowly getting back to normal.

In my opinion, CDWOW are milking this for all its worth. It doesn't take eight weeks to get you distribution system back on track. Also, they really should advertise the availability of items on their site a la Play.com. If they don't have it and won't have it for more more than two weeks then surely it should be consdiered out of stock? Borderline false adverising if you ask me.

in one of my emails to cdwow (tammy) i asked why customers were not contacted and informed of delays/probs etc and she said that cdwow did not have access to individual information for customers (as this was in another building) and only investigate queries when the customers contact them....crazy stuff and i don't believe it for a minute.
they should have easy access to all the delayed orders and do the courtesy of informing people.

I cancelled my order on Sunday and received an email on Monday saying I would get a refund. Haven't got it yet.

Got it back on my laser card today. Don't think I'll be using CDWow again. I ordered an item from Amazon on Tuesday evening and it arrived today, good service but the delivery fees can be pricey.

Is is just us or is anyone else having problems getting stuff from CDWOW ?

I ordered (and was charged for) a DVD about 6 weeks ago. I have not received a despatch e-mail & this morning cancelled the order.

My wife ordered (and was charged for) the Springsteen at The Point CDD/DVD combo in early June and nothing has been received.
they've always been good with me

Same problem with me. Waitig two months. This is twice as long as the EU directive covers so I cancelled and bought the CDs in Virgin.

It was my only time pre-ordering with them, having bought numerous CDs in the past.

Initially I suspected it was something to do with pre-orders, but now I realise it's across the board and with CDs that have been release after their warehouse fire.

Not only that, but some recent searches of their site has returned few titles, whereas a few months ago numerous titles by a given artist would be returned.

I can't help but feel that they are on the way out and can't be trusted.

Back