CDWOW problems ?

TarfHead

Is is just us or is anyone else having problems getting stuff from CDWOW ?

I ordered (and was charged for) a DVD about 6 weeks ago. I have not received a despatch e-mail & this morning cancelled the order.

My wife ordered (and was charged for) the Springsteen at The Point CDD/DVD combo in early June and nothing has been received.

Icky Thump has been delayed-I received an e-mail advising me of this, I ordered from them recently enough (after the court case) without any problems.

Apparently they recently had a fire in their warehouse which has completely messed up their delivery times as a huge amount of stock was destroyed and had to be reordered from their suppliers, hence the delays. Usually their delivery times are pretty good.

i've ordered a cd 6/6/07, i'm still waiting on it. i've contacted cd wow several times, the only response is

Hi

Thank you for contacting us and sorry for the delay in dispatching your order.

Unfortunately, we have experienced a further delay in receiving this product from our suppliers and we are currently awaiting confirmation of when the goods will be available for dispatch.

As soon as we have this information, we will let you know by email, thank you very much for your patience - it is sincerely appreciated.

If you wish I can cancel the order and process a complete refund for you

i'm getting fed up with them at this stage. they were very reliable, not anymore.

It's hardly a good idea to judge them on the basis of one order if you have successfully ordered from them before.

well imo - two weeks is more than enough time to allow for delays and for them to get my order from wherever, however, anything over a month is just madness. they do try deliver between 7-10 days i think.

I also ordered a CD on 5th June, and cancelled the order at the end of the month as the item (Mark Ronson's latest) hadn't been delivered. Got no communication from CDWOW (other than the order confirmation) until I enquired about the delay. Was then told that the item was out of stock....why can't they show this on the website during ordering?

Tarfhead, I got the Springsteen CD/DVD from bangcd.com with no difficulties - cost €2 less than cdwow, and it was delivered in a week.

Is www.play.com not considered better all round though?

It's what I've been told by many - dealt with them twice - cheap + free delivery & no hassle at all.

glad to see i'm not the only one suffering! ordered a cd at the start of june and a dvd later in the month and neither have arrived yet. following my query of the first order i received an email saying it would be posted on 29/6 still no sign of it. the only reason i ordered from them was that i received a €2 discount code, otherwise play would have got my order.

Pricing varies-sometimes Play are cheaper, sometimes CDWOW (especially with their endless supply of €1 off codes etc.)

Wasn't cd wow on the news a few weeks back after being taken to court and charged massive money for selling cds cheaply?

I ordered one, cancelled it after 2 weeks and 4 full days later they acknowledge the cancelled and credit to my card. That Bangcd.com looks interesting

hi

I also had a problem with CD wow i ordered two cds on the 12/06/07 . I didnt hear from them and i emailed them on the 20th i got this reply
"Thank you for contacting me and sorry for the delay in dispatching
these items.Unfortunately, we have experienced a delay in receiving this product from our suppliers and we are currently expecting it to be dispatched on 22/06/2007"

I never heard anything back and sent them another email on the 05/07/07 saying i wanted to cancel my order and wanted a refund asap, i then got a reply saying that there was a problem with their system and they could not issue refunds-finally i got the notification.

i found [broken link removed] was cheaper then cdwow-10.50 and free delievery.

For DVDS I usually use www.play.com though ive found that [broken link removed] is cheaper again

I am in the same boat as others, ordered a dvd on the 3rd june and still no sign of it, i have e-mailed and called them numerous times and still no sign of my dvd,
Replies to e-mails takes about 3 days ,
I used to gladly use cdwow and could not fault them whatsover in the past for their prices, customer service and speediness of delivery, i wont be using them again when or if i receive the dvd i am waiting on

I have the e-mail address of the cd wow customer service manager if its any use to anyone, i sent her off a rocket of a complaint this morning, lets see what happens

The customer services Director's name is Tammy Stewart and her email address is [email protected] if you have any problems.

I've had the same problem waiting 5 weeks for a DVD. I eventually cancelled the order (son very disappointed, but eventually bought the DVD Euro10 cheaper in HMV !!).

The credit card payment was refunded within 24hours, no quibbles.

Back