Bluetooth & Voice Activation on 06 Ford Focus Audio System

oh and sorry yes I have got a manual but its not very helpful

Thank you for the help but I have dropped the glovebox out and cannot really see the box you are suggesting I remove for 15 minutes? Is ita relay or something else. i guess i really need a picture! Any help would be great....

sorry to drag this thread back up....

basically i have some probs with my ford foocus lately.. the battery died after not using the car for 14hours.... brought it to ford and they used the diagnostic machine, which said no faults.. they re charged battery and car was perfect again....
few weeks later , same thing happened... so there must be something draining the battery... when i called back to Ford, they said they have a few probs with the key free system not shutting down properly.
.... the on board computer doesnt shut off even when car is off... some times it does and sometimes it dont.. obviosuly i am aware now.. so can keep an eye out for it..

However after the car was jump charged by ford last week... my voice control isnt working... when i press VOICE , nothing happens, and when i press phone on radio, its comes up as MUTE... .However, my phone still reads FORD AUDIO, so when someone rings me and im in the car , i cant hear them, as it says connected to Ford Audio... but radio carries on working normally....

I have taken out the glove box, and took away the wire on bluetooth, and reset it as mentioned by fordaudio.. i even took out Fuse 58 and 83, and re entered the code on the stero... but still not working...

the bluetooth is working, but the voice/speaker isnt..
radio/cd/ipod AUX, still works perfectly....

any ideas please... doing my head in... even Ford dealer isnt sure...need the bluetooth/voice for work, as i drive a lot using the car...
its only happened since they jumped it, the second time.... first time it was perfect

Apologies for dragging up an old thread. I have an 07 Ford Focus Connection with the bluetooth that I purchased a year ago this week. Since i got it i noticed that the bluetooth would freeze up and not make the connection to the phone when i was trying to make a call and would lock the radio up until i turned the car off and pressed the radio power button several times.

I let it go until about 7 weeks ago when i decided that its not acceptable that it doesnt work, seeing as thats the main reason i chose that car. I took it to the dealer and they upgraded the software and said it was fixed, that night on the way to a meeting i thought i would call my wife, same thing happened so i took it to the dealer again the next day. They then ordered in a new bluetooth module and replaced it but I am still having issues, I left it with them today and the service receptionist turned round and said that she didnt know what they would do with it as the problem is always fixed after the steps they have already taken.

Im waiting on a call from the service manager for the group in which im going to try and get them to either swap my car out (doubt it) or install a proper bluetooth system in it, unfortunatly this is not the only issue ive had with that car. I took it to them in august for a full service, got it back and the petrol useage (which is already bad) got a heck of a lot worse, they put it right, but said that there was washer fluid getting at the spark plugs, now, im no mechanic but i know for fact that is only caused by incompetence.

I have the same car. I get your problems with my blackberry a lot of the time, but not with any other phone.
stupid question, but could it be the phone?
have you changed handset recently or tried another handset for a few days?

its the best integrated bluetooth system I've ever used.

sorry to bring up an old thread..

finaly today Ford installed a new stereo, and still same problem..
No VOICE control......

they also took out the keyless entry and replaced it with a normal key start ignition, as the keyless entry was draining my battery...

just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas, ford said they will replace th bluetooth module now to see if that fixes problem.. the only thing is, my fone can still read the 'fordaudio' on my phone now, it just wont answer via the radio or voice control wont work..

i removed my glove box inner but at the top is my dvd for my sat nav cannot find the bluetooth can you please advise where it might be!!!
thanks

it is to the left of the glove box on the door side above the glove box, you will need to kind of get up under it to see it i think...

i tried everything on this thread and nothing works

the buetooth module behind the glovebox needs to be disconnected for 15mins and reconnected its a commnon problem

I have the same problem too mr ford jedi :(
I have a 09 focus titanium
I've disconnected the battery for 15mins (thinking that would be the same)
With no joy...
I've also taken out the glove box ( not easy with that aircon pipe)
And can't see the cd sized black box that can be pulled towards you
However I can just about see/reach the NOKIA voice/bluetooth box
There are two ports, one small square grey plug and a larger black pin plug that has a clip, is this the one to take out for 15mins??

Also when putting back do I turn the radio on and imput the pin before pressing the voice button on the steering console

Sorry to be a pain but I'd rather try fix it my self than forking out ££££'s for our ford garage to fix it

Well I bought my car second hand
And there is no warranty information to be seen
I looked online @ fords and it says new cars have one years warranty
I could of read it wrong....
Are you sure that I would have 2 years ( is this standard )
Many thanks for your help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ford Focus Zetec Conenction Battery Problems

Hi,

The battery keeps dying on my Ford Focus Zetec Connection 2006. Does anyone know what is drainnign the battery. Has anyone ahs the same problem?I bought the car three weeks ago and it has died twice in that time.

Also, when jumped, the tiem on the radio kept resetting itself for soem mad reason!
Also, now the bluetooth has gone a bit mad, the voice control only works when it wants and the phone (Iphone 3gs) hardly ever picks up the radio now. When it does people can hear me but the spearers in the car dont have any sound, so i cant hear them.

The worst part of all this seems to be that there are no Ford Garages out there who have a clue how to fix this si it means im left picking up this mess on my own.

I have a feeling its something liek the Keyless entry or the Auto Lights/Auto wipers thats draining the battery.

Has anyone else had similar issues????

Thanks

I have tried the iphone in our focus, and its woeful. Today started using the iphone headset instead, with perfect results of course; but its not as intended.

all other paired phones wortk brilliantly. I'm guessing Apply have their idea on how to support bluetooth 2.0

as for the battery, did you buy from a garage and was the car sitting there for months?

ford focus 2009 titanium

dear,

is there anyone that could help me out here. i have tried all the feedbacks about the voice command but my voice command is still not working. i was wondering if its different for a 2009 focus, since i have one of those.

would really appericiate the help.

Thanks,

playing music through bluetooth ????????

ive a 2007 ford focus zetec connection model which i bought new in january 2008. ive recently got a iphone 3gs and wanted to know if its possibly to play music from iphone through the bluetooth in the car

dear,

is there anyone that could help me out here. i have tried all the feedbacks about the voice command but my voice command is still not working. i was wondering if its different for a 2009 focus, since i have one of those.

would really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
I had this problem, I had sprayed polish on the rear view mirror, blocking the microphones at the bottom of the mirror. I discover it, after weeks of having problem with my bluetooth. Simply cleaning them out did the trick.

Back