Bluetooth & Voice Activation on 06 Ford Focus Audio System

have you removed the glove box inner liner ?if yes look up and you will see a small black box about the size of a cd box it will bend down ,just pull, there is a long rectangular connector which has a locking mechanisim on it disconnect the connector and wait 15 mins reconnect and press the voice button on the radio stalk on the sihe of the steering wheel and you should hear the voice command ,this may have to be repeated a few times

Could you not pull the relevant fuse? Would be easier surely?

dosent work as easy as that without losing radio codes etc,,this is why people bring them back to the main dealer theres a bit of messing around with them

Btw my Focus Zetec Connection has gone in for a new instrument binnacle today. Speedo was goosed. Told me I was doing huge speeds. I've been driving on the rev counter for a few weeks. 3,000rpm in top = roughly 100kph.

New instrument binnacle fitted under warranty. "Keys" recoded. All is well.

Car is pretty light on fuel. Almost 38 mpg average, including plenty of around town stuff.

Is that a petrol or diesel model. I find my 1.4 model quite heavy on petrol so I'm changing to diesel this weekend.

It may be your phone. I have a nokia 6230 which picks up the "Ford Audio" device if/when it feels like it. My wife, on the other hand, has a nokia 6230i and has no such problems.

Apologies on resurecting this thread but I have just bought a new Smax and have the same problem with Bluetooth being a bit hit and miss. When it works its execellent. Will try as Fordjedi suggested tomorrow (assuming he Smax is the same as the Focus). The interesting thing is that both myself and my wife have nokia 6230's so perhaps it is the phone and not the car?

i find the biggest problem with the ford bluetooth is the sales people not showin people to use it correctly as it is very simple and works a treat when you know what your at ,everyone seems to keep pressing the phone button on the radi and start shouting and that aint the way:confused:

i find the biggest problem with the ford bluetooth is the sales people not showin people to use it correctly as it is very simple and works a treat when you know what your at ,everyone seems to keep pressing the phone button on the radi and start shouting and that aint the way:confused:

I was given a quick demo whilst test driving, but had to learn most of the functions myself.

Is there a quick way of calling someone that you have stored in the system? I currently have to go through a lot of questions before the call is made. Eg if I want to call Mrs Boaber this is what I do:

Press the button

Bluetooth Woman: "Function Please"
Boaber: "phone"
Bluetooth Woman: "phone"
Boaber: "Dial Name"
Bluetooth Woman: "Name Please"
Boaber: "Mrs Boaber"
Bluetooth Woman: "Dial Mrs Boaber, yes or no"
Boaber: "YES"
Bluetooth Woman: "Dialling"

Is there a quicker way of calling Mrs Boaber, without picking up the phone?

Yes, but only slightly. Press button and say "phone" immeditely.

The rest is as you listed.

Hello
Does anyone know where I can get a list (or flowchart) of menu commands. The manuals that come with the car dont seem to mention it bizzarely enough. I've searched the web but cant find anything, all I discovered, i think , is that the bluetooth is from a company called parrot but their website is dog slow and very difficult to search.
i got a 30 second demo from the dealer but dont remember alot of it.
My biggest problem is executing a command, so if I tell it to store a number it all goes grand until the point where it wants me to confirm everything. I dont know what to do then.
Thanks

thats an after market system ford use a nokia system,your car must not have the factory voice control

firstly, I agree with all the above; when you use it correctly, it works every time (a bit obvious i guess). Although I did get ours re-set in the beginning, the whole voice system, not the bluetooth. When you pressed Voice, nothing happened.

My only trouble is if I forget to turn on bluetooth until I'm already on the road, sometimes it doesn't detect it automatically, or if I press Phone/2 which pairs to my phone.

I got the demo, and the manual (AirSide Ford), and just to let know that there are a number of short-cuts for the voice functions.

Example: just press voice, then say 'dial name'. or say 'temperature'. etc, and you can skip all that goes before it.

Say 'help' for the nice lady (wife calls her Moneypenny) to give you all the blurb (its like calling Eircom customer care, and just as useful).

Can someone please please please help me with this. I cannot find an answer anywhere !!!

I have just bought a new ford focus 08 plate. Will a iphone 3G be compatible with the bluetooth system ????

Many thanks

p.s what is the satnav system like ?

Is that for the 08 ford focus ? Just heard the new apple 3g does not work on all ford systems

Hiya, I have just bought an 08 Ford Focus Zetec without the sat nav but does have the bluetooth phone connection to the audio system as far as I am aware but I am clueless as to how it connects, can anyone help??

Hiya, I have just bought an 08 Ford Focus Zetec without the sat nav but does have the bluetooth phone connection to the audio system as far as I am aware but I am clueless as to how it connects, can anyone help??

Turn on the radio in your car. Next, go to your bluetooth menu on your phone and search for active devices. The name "Ford Audio" will probably appear, so pair this with your phone.

Was a manual included with the car? This should tell you how to store numbers in your radio & how to use the voice activation system.

thank you for your help, tried that but it doesn't seem to be picking up the radio, apparently I have to turn the bluetooth on the radio on for my phone to pick it up??

Back