Annoying colleagues

What really annoys me is when people make all those smacking noises when eating their lunches at their desks. Can they not close their mouths when eating? Sometimes I just want to fling my monitor right at their faces!

Totally agree. Girl opposite me does this a lot and it turns my stomach.
(She also listens to everyone's phone calls and asks them questions afterwards about something they were discussing eg what did you buy in Ikea? Are you on leave next week?)

I hate it when people take personal calls at their desks and then expect you to pretend not to have overheard what you were talking about....

:p

A colleague has just walked in, in his running gear, and asked why we all looked so gloomy. We said oh we're bored and its freezing in here. He said 'really, are you all cold'? as he opened two windows. Aaaagh!

Thing is, he's a really nice guy. He obviously just does it so automatically, he didn't even realise.

Boss' PA who is always far too busy to talk to any colleague on the phone (unless a director) but will ring me or whoever and talk my ear off for 5 minutes about some pathetically easy task because she is actually a total moron. Sends things down to our dept to do because 'she's far too busy' to do them, when they take about 5 seconds. Also has that 3pm slump rushing around thingie down, runs everywhere, you'd swear she's in training for the Olympics - worst thing is I cover her job from time and to time and she has NOTHING TO DO... :mad:

My colleague who bless her, is not a bad person but man, she's bad at this job - it takes her FOREVER to do anything, she's constantly asking the guys that bring in work for us "when do you need this for?" (eh, pretty much now otherwise it would have been left in the tray) and is, over 3 years later, still asking me stupid questions and still getting things wrong, that i have to quietly amend as I am not her boss and don't have the authority to point all these things out to her. We share the work but I pretty much do the majority of it, between her breakfast and mobile calls that she takes all the time....

TGIF :)

M

Also has that 3pm slump rushing around thingie down, runs everywhere, you'd swear she's in training for the Olympics - worst thing is I cover her job from time and to time and she has NOTHING TO DO... :mad:

You have no idea how familiar that sounds :(.

People who work from 8 til 4:30 but spend the early hour actually drinking tea and on the web. Likewise people that work late and build up TIL while surfing.

People that are afraid to lock up which makes me stay behind to hold their hand.

It's amusing most of the posts to this thread were made during work hours: they start around 8.30am and finish around 6.30pm (some of you have to stay late to actually do some work after browsing AAM all day) to start agin around 8.30am the folllowing day. People don't even post on their own time like lunch hour.

...the one who will not let you finish a sentence in a meeting. Feels he(she) has always to make an input even when it as nothing to do with them.

Once when I asked could I finish the point I was making I got "it doesn't matter anyway!!!" Aaaaaagggggggg!!!!!!!!

It's amusing most of the posts to this thread were made during work hours: they start around 8.30am and finish around 6.30pm (some of you have to stay late to actually do some work after browsing AAM all day) to start agin around 8.30am the folllowing day. People don't even post on their own time like lunch hour.

It's amusing that this always crops up. Dear god NO, don't use the internet during work hours, as everything you do for the rest of that particular day is null and void if you do ! Rubbish. If I do a good hours work when someone else is faffing about doing the same amount in 2 hours, then I feel like I have the leeway to have a quick surf and still be productive.

So long as I meet my deadlines and keep all customers happy, quelle probleme ?

What really annoys me is when people make all those smacking noises when eating their lunches at their desks. Can they not close their mouths when eating? Sometimes I just want to fling my monitor right at their faces!
Why do people eat lunch at their desks anyway-oh of course to prove how busy they are..:rolleyes:! Some years ago I worked with someone who 'worked her lunch'-everyone knew this meant surfing the net while eating at her desk. She had to 'work her lunch' in order to get away early...despite coming in late and spending half an hour at coffee first thing in the morning.

Hmm how about non smokers who instead of being outside ever hour for a ciggie have a quick scan of the net every few hours :p

Micro management - cant stand it, why give me a job to do if after Ive done it you come along and make a million irrelevant changes and spend longer on doing that than it took to do the job at all. Just do it yourself if you dont trust me to do it!!!!

People who let documents they've sent to the printer build up so that when you go to print something your stuff gets mixed up with their stuff and after you've sorted it out and stapled your stuff together you realise a page is missing from your report and you have two tables that don't belong to you. Or you send a mega urgent job to the printer which has run out of paper and when you reload it someone elses 100 page document has to print off first because they've been sitting there for an hour and never bothered to get up off their a*se and check if it was ready. Grrrrrrr!!

People who let documents they've sent to the printer build up so that when you go to print something your stuff gets mixed up with their stuff and after you've sorted it out and stapled your stuff together you realise a page is missing from your report and you have two tables that don't belong to you. Or you send a mega urgent job to the printer which has run out of paper and when you reload it someone elses 100 page document has to print off first because they've been sitting there for an hour and never bothered to get up off their a*se and check if it was ready. Grrrrrrr!!

This obviously happened to you today!

Back