Annoying colleagues

This obviously happened to you today!

Well, yes, how did you guess. :) But honestly, there's some people who always do this and sometimes the stuff sits there for days. Why would you print off stuff and then not bother to collect it.

Or you send a mega urgent job to the printer which has run out of paper and when you reload it someone elses 100 page document has to print off first because they've been sitting there for an hour and never bothered to get up off their a*se and check if it was ready. Grrrrrrr!!
That's my pet hate.

I came across software for the ages ago but for the life of me I cannot remember. Basically, you send a document to the print queue but it will only be printed when you swipe your badge at the printer...very handy if you have a meeting in a different floor as you can swipe your card at any printer in the building which saves carrying print outs in the elevator (security).

Reading through this thread again I am wondering where all those who posted a comment have disappeared to?

Why do people eat lunch at their desks anyway-oh of course to prove how busy they are..:rolleyes:! Some years ago I worked with someone who 'worked her lunch'-everyone knew this meant surfing the net while eating at her desk. She had to 'work her lunch' in order to get away early...despite coming in late and spending half an hour at coffee first thing in the morning.

I eat my lunch at my desk because it's the only time I can manage to get a bit of peace - everyone else usually goes out somewhere. I don't clock it as time worked though.

You might want to read this so, enough to make you go out for lunch.

Read something similar before and yet here I am. My last sick day was in 2008 (lost my voice) so had to go home after an hour.

I do wipe down my desk, PC and phone but not as often as I should. It's gone right to the top of the to do list for monday though.

Or you send a mega urgent job to the printer which has run out of paper and when you reload it someone elses 100 page document has to print off first because they've been sitting there for an hour and never bothered to get up off their a*se and check if it was ready. Grrrrrrr!!
Oh yes, I'd say there are people in almost every office who believe that the printer re-loads itself, cos they certainly don't do it!

We have that software on our printer that firefly is talking about where you have to swipe your card or key in your 4 digit password to get your print jobs. It is really good because you can print at any printer in the building on any floor and don't have to worry about confidential stuff sitting on the printer tray.

People who are aware of their job role, know the work to be done, and don't do it.

One woman I work with refuses work as she has "a bad back". The same woman comes in wearing high heels every single day and only ever mentions her bad back when there is manual work to be done - which is 80% of the time. I find it a bit insulting as she knows I was in a back brace for 4 months less than 2 years ago - and I never complain or say "I'm not doing it". Its part of my job, like it or lump it.

Her bad back is the result of a sports injury back in her school days - at least 20 years ago.

If you know its part of the job then why accept the job?

People who are aware of their job role, know the work to be done, and don't do it.

One woman I work with refuses work as she has "a bad back". The same woman comes in wearing high heels every single day and only ever mentions her bad back when there is manual work to be done - which is 80% of the time. I find it a bit insulting as she knows I was in a back brace for 4 months less than 2 years ago - and I never complain or say "I'm not doing it". Its part of my job, like it or lump it.

Her bad back is the result of a sports injury back in her school days - at least 20 years ago.

Is this not a case of an annoying boss?

+1. A guy in our place applied for a job which had a very good allowance because the job involved being 'on call' and working anti social hours at times. He got the job and then announced that he couldn't be in early in the morning because he had to drop his child to the creche, and he couldn't travel to events around the country because he couldn't drive. So other staff, who weren't getting the allowance had to make themselves available. Have no idea why he was let away with that.

Nope, WORK COLLEAGUE. If it was my boss I'd have to live with it.

Drives me mad because she's on the same level as all the rest of us.

An old thread I know, but...I sit near someone who clips their nails at their desk.
I dread it. Thankfully, I am moving shortly.

Back