Affordable Housing-Process/Plans Cork County

Re: Affordable Housing- Cork County

No, not the front ones. They are sort of tucked away in on the right. If you have a look you will see the sitting room windows are a lot smaller, and the house itself look smaller. They are def 2 bed, so I would assume thay are 160k, and the mid terrace are obviously gonna be cheaper than the end of terrace which are 210k. Maybe the mid ones are 200k or 205k. Im just guessing here, but it makes sense. And of corse they know when we are gonna be called for interview, but for some reason they just dont want to say. I dont understand what the secrecy is all about. I was told at one point by someone in there that there wasnt a huge amout of people with 160-165 points, and that 155 was very high, and I should be fine with those points. So I really do not know!!!

I really dunno what they are doing. I dunno whether to ring them or not! What do you think you'll do?

Finishing up work now, and off monday, so wont be on a computer till tues to get back to you, but i will let you know then if I get onto them or not. Its gas really, I actually feel nervous picking up the phone to them!!

I got a letter to get approval in principle for the houses in Ballincollig a couple of weeks but still haven't heard anything from the council. I have heard of people getting called for interviews in Douglas. How many points did you get?

how do you find out how many points you have. I knew there was a points system but never realised you could ask for it. how does it work????? ie how many points for having children etc

how do you find out how many points you have. I knew there was a points system but never realised you could ask for it. how does it work????? ie how many points for having children etc

You just ring up the council and ask them what points you got. Not sure exactly how the points are calculated I just know that it is 5 points per person on your application and 5 points per full year you are on the list so after that I'm not sure what else the points are given out for or calculated on.

Hi Dylan John,

Did you get onto the council? or any update since

Hi Suzy,
Never contacted them, cos a friend of mine was onto them yesterday. She was told by whoever she was talking to that interviews hadnt actually started for Ballincollig yet. But you were told they had started werent you? So to be honest I dont know can I be bothered ringing, as I really dont think they have a clue whats going on!! Its a different story whoever you speak to. Have you heard anymore yourself?

The girl I was speaking 2 said they had started last week. I rang again on Friday and spoke to the girl I normally talk to she said the houses would not be allocated till after Christmas and that the interviews would be taking place in the mean time.I didn't say anything to her bout the interviews as I presumed the info I was given was correct bout them starting. If they are saying after Christmas that will probably be next summer knowing the council. At this stage I really dunno what to believe they are just completely messing everyone around. :mad:

After Christmas????? What a joke, thats just ridiculous. They were saying the same thing last year, after Christmas. How can they get away with this, its just unbelievable! Most of the social houses in Highfields & Greenfields have been given out, and the affordable houses are just gonna be sitting there for god knows how long. I cant believe they said after Christmas!!!!

I know it's a complete joke and you know when the council say after Christmas you cud add another few months onto that the way they operate. I am so frustrated cause I'm wondering am I being told the right information. People that got council houses in Greenfields are moving into them the start of October so I dn't undersatnd what the hold up is. She said to me the 2 the other day that they are very busy with the other area's aswell and that what the hold up is. I wouldn't mind waiting till after if I knew I was getting one but that means we could be waiting well into next year to find out if we are even getting one. I really dunno what to do or think! It's going to be a long road I'd say when I thought I was nearly there.

Well I just rang there and got a different story. When I gave her my name she knew me straight off, and said I was very high on the points (155) and Im to expect to hear about an interview over the next few weeks. They have started interviews, and they are allocating Old Quarter in a few weeks, then Greenfields, then Highfields, and that it might take until the end of the year for it all to be complete. But she did assure me we will be given some idea on the day of the interview whats happening. So its not as bad as what you were told.

That at least I suppose. I just wonder what they go through in the interview. It so confusing they way we all being told different stories. I presum they will do all the interviews before they start allocating?

Hi Suzy,

I was told that the interview is more like a chat, and its to go over what is already in our file, and to go over the clawback, and I think she said we would be given info on this to take home with us. And she said we would also be given some idea as to where we stand. Not too sure if they will be doing all the interviews before thay start allocating. Or if the people on the top points are going to be allocated Old Quarter first. She didnt make it very clear. But at least we will have our interview soon, and we should at least find out at that stage where we stand. Please god anyway - dont think I can take much more of this waiting!!

Hi Dylanjohn,

I suppose it all depends on peoples affordability etc when it comes down to allocating the houses. I just wish they would hurry on. So I suppose they will more or less tell us at the interiew if we have it?

Ya, I think we will be given some idea, thats the impression I got on the phone yesterday. So really at this point, its just about waiting for the call to come in for interview. "Over the next few weeks", Id like to know is that gonna be 2, 6, 8 weeks, I was given no indication. Frustrating. But I did explain that with my approval for 195k, and with my savings I could only afford a 3 bed in Greenfields, and she said this is exactly what the interview is for, to discuss this type of thing.

Hopefully we will hear shortly. Fingers crossed. Have you heard of anyone going nfor an interview for Ballincollig?

No, hevent heard of anyone. Dont actually know of many people on the list for Ballincollig to be totally honest. 1 person I know got 155 points, and she hasnt been called yet. I know another who got 150 points and she hasnt been called either. I will keep you posted if I hear of anyone getting called.

All this waiting is driving mad! I wish the council would hurry up.

Hi Jasonia,

Just wondering if you went for your interview with the council??? If so could you let me know how it went, what questions they asked etc. Dyin to know what actually goes on in this interview!!

Thanks

hey dylanjohn sorry took so long to reply had no access to internet. interview went fine if you could call it that, was more of a chat and an explanation of how the clawback works, also just to verify all details sent in already were correct. they asked if i had any questions which i had hundreds of but could not think of any on the day as i was a bit stressed out over the thing for few days previously. have not heard from them since but they did say i should hear from them within a month.

Back