Things that drive you nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mrs Firefly saying "We" when she really means "You".

An example..."We" should really cut the grass.

I pointed this out to her but she still continued to use it.

"We" came out again last weekend (in relation to the garden) and I replied "OK, Let's" :D

Perhaps I wait till her review after Christmas and bring it up then.
I don't want to be too hard on you, but I think you're wrong on this. Don't save up things like this. Give immediate and specific feedback, in a pleasant but direct way. If you want till after Xmas, she's going to be thinking "You've been unhappy with my courtesy all that time, but you're only telling me now!".

Listening to Joe Duffy keeping the conversation infantile. If anyone tries to say something intelligent on the show he moves along to the next caller.

The Minister for Finance posing for Budget photos with a big smile like its something to celebrate and be happy about.

Example

[broken link removed]

Can't find one of Noonan yet !

"We" came out again last weekend and I replied "OK, Let's" :D

Very happy for the 2 of ye. Makes for a kinky relationship though but everyone to their own said the old woman as she kissed her cow ;)

An example..."We" should really cut the grass.

That's not too bad

I read over on boards.ie a proud lady announcing "we are pregnant"

That parenting forum and sub forums scare me :eek:

I can ask for you....;)

Talking to colleagues today about the whole meowing thing..it seems she barks from time to time too. ( I have already heard her making vroom vroom car noises) Very odd woman!

That really gave me a laugh.

Very happy for the 2 of ye. Makes for a kinky relationship though but everyone to their own said the old woman as she kissed her cow ;)

Sadly some people have such a filthy mind that they can deduce sexual innuendo from just about anything. Welcome to my world :D

Businesses in the private sector who tell you that they will do a job, quote a price, and then fail to turn up within the specified period.

"I will do the job on Friday or Monday at the latest".

Today is Tuesday. No show!

Obviously, they don't need the business or the profit!

Hard times for private sector businesses? Yeah! Right! :rolleyes:

Marion

You've obviously never worked in a business Marion. :) If you did, perhaps you wouldn't be so flippant when thousands of business owners and their staff are losing their livelihoods.

It wasn't today or yesterday when Burns said that 'The best laid schemes of mice and men / Go oft awry'.

Marion has a point though

There are still a lot of these no show tradesmen around. I know getting recommendations by word of mouth is best but this isn't always possible and so you go to the golden pages
And it's even worse if you take a days annual leave to meet them and they are a no show.
Would it kill them to call in advance?

I turn on Joe Duffy and listen to tradesmen crying about their future.
Clearly some of them have too much work :rolleyes:

Or might be dreaming of the days when they would not get out of bed for less then one thousand a week

Her conflation of 'private sector businesses' (her own words) with rogue tradesmen is what's driving me nuts ;)

It's not just tradesmen that ignore customers. I was chasing down hotels and other possible venues for hosting a substantial corporate event. It was very difficult to get responses and quotes, and many of my contacts were just ignored.

Her conflation of 'private sector businesses' (her own words) with rogue tradesmen is what's driving me nuts ;)

It is a well known problem though when hiring people to do jobs around the house (ie private sector workers) so a significant minority of them do.
I wouldn't equate it with 'rogue tradesmen' either, lots of companies refuse to give specific times, don't call when they're going to be late, leaving people hanging around all day wasting a day's leave from work etc.

It's not just tradesmen that ignore customers. I was chasing down hotels and other possible venues for hosting a substantial corporate event. It was very difficult to get responses and quotes, and many of my contacts were just ignored.

I wonder is this a reflection of the fact that many prominent hotels and conference venues are now being run by goons hired by either Nama or a bank? The staff working in those places must be utterly demoralised.

Same in car dealerships too

And they can't blame NAMA. Bad staff are a reflection of bad management.
You could be planning to drop twenty thousand plus and you get ignored in the lobby.

When a salesman tells you he'll call you back, ha, you can stay waiting for that call. They rarely do

Don't wish to see anyone on the dole but some business deserve to go under

And when I've gotten bad service a letter with dates and times and names gets sent to the Managing Director

luckily we can go to another company,if we are not happy with one..hence that company loses our business..

Unfortunately this doesn't apply for some services we pay for..and we have no choice but to do business with them.

Now that drives me nuts!

The private sector business that I mentioned is a reputable business in a town close to where I live that employs a number of people and provides a nationwide service - not a "rogue tradesman".

My own family is in business for 140 (not a typo) years. I have personally witnessed hard times and good times in business. And, as with all family businesses, I have worked many long hours in it along with my siblings.

I think I'm good in relation to having worked in a business. ;)

Marion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back